Conan Exiles to support modding right from the start!

visby

Mods

Conan Exiles will feature full mod support on PC. This is planned to be available from the start of Early Access. Mod developers will be able to download a custom Unreal Engine editor, letting them create a whole host of modifications to the game. Everything from changing aspects of gameplay to adding new monsters and items to the game can be done with the modding tools. A mod management tool which connects to the Steam Workshop allows players to easily load in the mods they want to play with. More information on the mod system and tools will be revealed soon.

Can I get a Hell Yeah!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whelp... we need to see where this goes.

Game comes with no bullshit full frontal nudity. Everything, no Barbie doll genitals here. So I expect with as mod friendly as the title seems to be, we'll see how long before people start retexturing and modding. Since the game is not a full blown MMO, its small server based like ARC, you can go batshit crazy with what mods you want on your server or single player experience.

Im just debating if $30 US is worth it.

I'd say it is. I started out with full nudity, as it gives you the option and I was thinking realism, but then it pulled a spartacus on me right away with the dangly bits and such. It took me like 15 minutes running around in the desert trying to figure out pants. Tested the chica version and it's ok albeit a bit silicon. The mods are what will make it worth it. Kind of like skyrim or fallout.

dont have the game but from what i read they have slavery & cannibalism(for those who interested) how does that work? anybody have any experience on that?.

Cant speak for cannibalism, but the "slavery" aspect is the classic Conan style Thrall system.

During your travels you find a skilled NPC, capture them, frag them back home, break them on the wheel of pain and they become loyal to you.

Actually the Thrall system is a big part of equipment crafting too. Cultural weapons and equipment follow the races of the NPC. A Sumarian weaponsmith working at the correct forge would unlock Sumarian weapons for crafting options.

Also your stronghold is largely manned by NPC bodyguards and archers you eventually collect.

Some of the Steam viseos and Twtich streams show a lot

The game needs some work, I picked it up and right now I am mostly seeing a grind similar to Ark: Survival Evolved (though without the crap and not so many bugs but also no hints yet of things that might be discoverable).

But until we see the mechanism exposed for modders to use, we won't have a lot of idea about where we can take things. (Animations and physics related stuff probably being the most difficult for both modders and game devs, but events and triggers and internal data structures for things like quests will also matter. And if they don't have a way of quantifying balance issues - and they probably don't have anything like that yet - you'll have to sort through a lot of unbalanced mods.)

I have enough experience with "survival" games that tells me:

Not a single game (zombie, medieval, dinosaur, whataver) was released without problems.

The servers are always full or crashing. The best alternative is just play solo offline...Yet I don't know about the demographics or target audience of these games, but their players always complain and/or downvote even with the big early access stamp (should I call them whiny minecraft kids?).

Nowadays you cant take the steam score for any of these type of games, they will aways be "mixed" no matter how long they are running or how good they are.

Maybe its because of my hardware, but again, with the experience of trying some of these (Ark for instance)  before and after changing from a 2gb GPU to a 6gb, the performance improved a lot. (Now about Conan, game is running fine and flawless for me, but again, maybe because im playing offline)

Open world games based on the Unreal Engine 4 are really performance heavy, even with epic games saying otherwise.

a Futa mod would be great for this >w>

other then that the game seems more solid the ARK was on launch, and HEY this has slavery BUILT IN!! great for roleplaying since you can knockout and drag player characters as wlll (I think at least as it seems to be just an interaction you do to a body but I could be wrong) (just can't break them obviously)

Archived