New Sims 4 update

Guest Redabyss

My game was just updated to the Jan 12, 2017 update and a lot of mods don't work and things have disappeared any ideas?

Old WW won't work because it's not compatible with update, don't worry TD will update WW soon.

Mods are probably disabled, you need to re-turn on Script and Mods on Options.

Dang. Huge mistake updating, it popped up - I thought it was harmless. I usually play specifically for WW.

After a breaking change like this, roughly how long does it take for a compatible update? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Really appreciate the developers for this MOD and the community for keeping it alive. Also, is there a way to "undo" a patch like this?

Guest Redabyss

Dang. Huge mistake updating, it popped up - I thought it was harmless. I usually play specifically for WW.

After a breaking change like this, roughly how long does it take for a compatible update? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Really appreciate the developers for this MOD and the community for keeping it alive. Also, is there a way to "undo" a patch like this?

TD won't probably be done until february, so you'll have to wait unfortunately.

JOKING  :D he'll be done tomorrow, knowing him, or a bit later if it's hard to patch.

TD won't probably be done until february, so you'll have to wait unfortunately.

JOKING  :D he'll be done tomorrow, knowing him, or a bit later if it's hard to patch.

You got me good. Should've seen my face. Of course this happens on my day off.

They should've asked if I want damn toddlers in my game. A few days is an amazing timeline to expect, so great news!

Guest Redabyss

Haha sorry, couldn't resist. Really don't worry, TD updates WW every time TS4 updates.

Being honest, I couldn't give less craps about TS4 updating, since I only use it for WW XD

I love EA they give us shit we didn't ask for. Like toddlers. I going though my mod folders checking stuff out until I find the problem. Oh what fun.....good luck to all of you haven't got the update notice.....yet!

You should start with custom skins

I had that thought. Still means going though the mods folder until I find the problem. ROFL! But I have to go to work before I can start on it. 

I love EA they give us shit we didn't ask for. Like toddlers. I going though my mod folders checking stuff out until I find the problem. Oh what fun.....good luck to all of you haven't got the update notice.....yet!

Typically, only the scripted mods cause problems following an update in any game. You should see if outdated scripted mods are at fault.

I turned the mods back on.  Figured WW wouldn't work. But images of the people in left hand lower corner disappeared. Thinking I may have to though my mods until I find the problem.

The problem is either WW or Mc Command (if you have it). I had these two and took them out (just simply put them in another folder for backup) before repairing the mess, now everything is back to normal. Had exactly the same problem as you, and then all of my sims just disappeared, only one brave sim remained. :) So happy I made a backup before updating. But now I am hesitant to put these two mods back in, better wait for updates I think. 

Edit: I have lots of other CC and mods also, but they don't cause any trouble as it seems right now.

So... since WW definitely is not compatible. Is the correct procedure to remove the folder from Mods now? Haven't dealt with this before.

And @wildsexfireXXX - one improvement EA should make, is have an "open in system files" option, when you click any CC like skins or clothing. OR, atleast show the raw file name when you hover over the item in TS4.

Its hard to track a problem when you have hundreds of custom content / mods with generic file names. Sometimes you can detect a broken "item" when you let your sim wear it from the wardrobe screen... but can't find the file to remove it.

So... since WW definitely is not compatible. Is the correct procedure to remove the folder from Mods now? Haven't dealt with this before.

And @wildsexfireXXX - one improvement EA should make, is have an "open in system files" option, when you click any CC like skins or clothing. OR, atleast show the raw file name when you hover over the item in TS4.

Its hard to track a problem when you have hundreds of custom content / mods with generic file names. Sometimes you can detect a broken "item" when you let your sim wear it from the wardrobe screen... but can't find the file to remove it.

Try to remove WW and MC Command Center (if you have it) then repair the game. Or take the whole Mods folder out and repair, then put everything except WW och and MC back. One of them, or both, cause the problems. Worked fantastically for me. I haven't tried to put them back in though.

Guest Redabyss

Alright, so if you still didn't update, the correct procedure would be:

- Download new WW, which will be released in a matter of time.

- Replace the old version.

- Delete old scripted downloads, like mc mods.

- Update.

- Launch game, don't load your families right away.

- Turn on Script and Mods in the Options.

- Exit game.

- Re-launch game, load your families.

- ??? -> Profit!

I turned the mods back on.  Figured WW wouldn't work. But images of the people in left hand lower corner disappeared. Thinking I may have to though my mods until I find the problem.

The problem is either WW or Mc Command (if you have it). I had these two and took them out (just simply put them in another folder for backup) before repairing the mess, now everything is back to normal. Had exactly the same problem as you, and then all of my sims just disappeared, only one brave sim remained. :) So happy I made a backup before updating. But now I am hesitant to put these two mods back in, better wait for updates I think. 

Edit: I have lots of other CC and mods also, but they don't cause any trouble as it seems right now.

Thank you. You saved me a lot of time. Your right the problem is WW and MC.  Will wait until the update to WW to put it back. And the same with MC. 

Guest Redabyss

I also wanted to point out that this whole mess is gonna repeat itself the day the vampires will be unleashed, so next time you will be more ready :)

Archived