Black armor on game start. Only with .tri files.

dorn

This is an extremely weird bug.  A couple pieces of armor will be black (true black) when loading in.  If I reequip them they're fine.  After digging for a while I discovered it ONLY happens when using trimorph files on these pieces.  Simply hiding the tri files in MO causes them to not be black.  Of course the pieces are out of place without tris.

For reference they're shoulder pieces from nisetanaka's Steel Bikini set.  They use vanilla textures (and I did make sure the bug persists with vanilla textures).

I'm at a bit of a loss at this point. Googling leads to info on common texture errors where they don't load.  That's nothing like my problem.  It's not like it's a huge problem but I'd love to solve it.  If anyone has a guess even please let me know.

This is due to the RaceMenu CBBE BodyMorphs. To fix it open up the .nif files of the armor, select the NiTriShapeData of each NiTriShape, then change the Consistency Flag from CT_Static to CT_Mutable.

Yep that solved it!  Thanks a ton.

Correct answer - reason for problem is wrong.

It is not a problem of NioOverride - it is an ancient bug in Skyrim.

The use of RaceMenu (NioOverride) is not the cause, but brings the wrong initialization of textures when using Tris's only to light.

Who can still remember it - Skyrim at the appearance.

It was impossible to change sex, change hair, etc.

Either was CTD or Black-Skin. The reason for this was never fixed - only the effect. Only superficially.

Switching to CT_Mutable can help. Correct.

The optimization of textures also - keyword: meaningful compression.

Archived