[Sims 4] How to update / upgrade WickedWhims

Guest Redabyss

How do I upgrade to the latest version? Do I just need to download the new WickedWhims mod files, and overwrite the old ones?

In the WW folder (that is inside the mod one of TS4), delete the old files and replace them with the new ones.

How do I upgrade to the latest version? Do I just need to download the new WickedWhims mod files, and overwrite the old ones?

In the WW folder (that is inside the mod one of TS4), delete the old files and replace them with the new ones.

Thank you

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't even see the new files for wicked whims. Where do I find that? Mine just read outdated (while playing sims 4) just now 12/22/2020 10:10 PM 

This is getting irritating, it says to upgrade to v162a, and there isn't any. All it shows is for 

WickedWhims v162b - 22 December 2020.zip

On 12/23/2020 at 5:10 AM, MAGIC1620 said:

I don't even see the new files for wicked whims. Where do I find that? Mine just read outdated (while playing sims 4) just now 12/22/2020 10:10 PM 

This is getting irritating, it says to upgrade to v162a, and there isn't any. All it shows is for 

WickedWhims v162b - 22 December 2020.zip

Just download the newest version, delete all of the old WickedWhims files (.ts4script and .package) and put the new ones in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, arianja said:

Does this mess with saved games already using the mod? Like remove clothing from sims or change all the settings?

Not usually.

Wicked saves its settings with each save game and they are located in your save folder inside the WickedWhims folder.

As long as you don't delete that folder it should be OK.

You will know when loading an old save if something isn't working just exit without saving.

If you update Wicked Whims and also use Nisa's Wicked Perversions it has to be updated too and it might take a day or 2 for an update.

When switching saves always delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder as it has old data from the previous save and mods.  

On 10/14/2021 at 5:26 PM, Scorpio said:

Not usually.

Wicked saves its settings with each save game and they are located in your save folder inside the WickedWhims folder.

As long as you don't delete that folder it should be OK.

You will know when loading an old save if something isn't working just exit without saving.

If you update Wicked Whims and also use Nisa's Wicked Perversions it has to be updated too and it might take a day or 2 for an update.

When switching saves always delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder as it has old data from the previous save and mods.  

Thank you! That's really helpful

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, smither1 said:

was wondering my game updated for the 7/26/2022 patch and its broke the mods for basement drugs and whickedwhims stuff do I just wait for a new update for this? have they mentioned anything on it?

Typical EA update that breaks many Mods so you'll need to be patient and wait for the Mod Authors to fix them and then update them afterwards.

If you disable Origin/Steam Automatic Game Updates and play offline it won't happen with future game updates.

You can still play the game and wait for all the Mods to be updated before you update the game.

thank you for the information   but a quick question  when i delete all the old files in the WW folder  do i then also delete the animations that are not in the folder

and what if you followed a video to update and deleted the  WW folder? lol

14 hours ago, Cayo2828 said:

thank you for the information   but a quick question  when i delete all the old files in the WW folder  do i then also delete the animations that are not in the folder

and what if you followed a video to update and deleted the  WW folder? lol

I usually only delete the 2 files named TURBODRIVER... script & package files when updating.

But deleting the WickedWhimsMod folder will also work.

I don't do that because I have a couple optional files I want to keep using.

No need to delete animations either.   

Hello, I just dont know what else to do....   My wickedwhims just doesn't work

I think I placed the folder into correct place, but I am still getting this error....   Even tho the script folder is in the Wickedwhims folder.

unknown.png

image.png.11cf94595996995e3539983adcfcd7a9.png

5 minutes ago, Zetor_29 said:

Hello, I just dont know what else to do....   My wickedwhims just doesn't work

I think I placed the folder into correct place, but I am still getting this error....   Even tho the script folder is in the Wickedwhims folder.

Sometimes your Anti-Virus and/or Anti-Malware software detects the WW script file as a threat and it removes it.

Even Windows settings to block adult content might cause it.

Inside your WickedWhimsMod folder should be 2 files named TURBODRIVER; one script and one package file.

So obviously you're missing the script file because of one of the above mentioned reasons.

All you can do is add Wicked Whims files to their white lists or temporarily disable your AV and Anti-Malware software.    

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Sometimes your Anti-Virus and/or Anti-Malware software detects the WW script file as a threat and it removes it.

Even Windows settings to block adult content might cause it.

Inside your WickedWhimsMod folder should be 2 files named TURBODRIVER; one script and one package file.

So obviously you're missing the script file because of one of the above mentioned reasons.

All you can do is add Wicked Whims files to their white lists or temporarily disable your AV and Anti-Malware software.    

So I added Wickedwhims folder on white list in my Anti-Virus but it still doesnt work.I wonder if the problem is caused by me updating Wickedwhims through folders and not the vortex.But it worked before like that so idk.Also both files are in the folder.And when I tryed to install wickedwhims with Vortex, the game did not even recognize that the mod was there.

All other mods are working fine.

But I wonder what I did wrong since I cannot see the Turbodriver script and the other file right at the top.

Custom content:

image.png.d6f1f260d35061ab56ac34ec74a01b4f.png

Scripts:

image.png.1442f0ac5cac4210f8b38805c2cbff1a.png

The mods are there I guess.

image.png.52b976d9a6547214f6bca73324ebdbe5.png

36 minutes ago, Zetor_29 said:

But I wonder what I did wrong since I cannot see the Turbodriver script and the other file right at the top.

Vortex puts them in the wrong sub folder that's too deep for the game to load.

Should be:

Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Same thing with other script Mods as they can only be one folder deep inside of Mods.

Not a good idea using Votex, or any other Mod Managers. 

Yea, you are right.

Well, my friend suggested that I should use it.

But all the issues I had so far were caused by Vortex, and myself not being able to use it properly.

I will just instal everything the normal way now.

Thank ya! very much.