CTD going near or into Winterhold

kooky112

Not sure why this is even happening. Everything else in the game is working fine, just winterhold seems to be the problem child.

I have tried cleaning the save, disabling mods, everything but have had NO luck at ALL. And all I am trying to do is go in to the college to get informati9on on where the elderscroll is located. I started a new game so I can do the Become High King of Skyrim quest without figuring out where I left off in my old save.

This is what I have from the dump file.

***** OS symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis. TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\guids.ini, error 2 Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for KERNELBASE.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for KERNELBASE.dll Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ole32.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ole32.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hdtHighHeelNative.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hdtHighHeelNative.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for XAudio2_6.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvd3dum.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvd3dum.dll Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for user32.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for user32.dll *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for JContainers.dll *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for JContainers.dll TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2 *** The OS name list needs to be updated! Unknown Windows version: 10.0 *** FAULTING_IP: TESV+7bb821 00bbb821 8b711c mov esi,dword ptr [ecx+1Ch] EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff) ExceptionAddress: 00bbb821 (TESV+0x007bb821) ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation) ExceptionFlags: 00000000 NumberParameters: 2 Parameter[0]: 00000000 Parameter[1]: 0000001c Attempt to read from address 0000001c PROCESS_NAME: TESV.exe ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: Use '!findthebuild' command to search for the target build information. If the build information is available, run '!findthebuild -s ; .reload' to set symbol path and load symbols. MODULE_NAME: TESV FAULTING_MODULE: 77660000 ntdll DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 51437ce5 ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s". EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s". EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 00000000 EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000001c READ_ADDRESS: 0000001c FOLLOWUP_IP: TESV+7bb821 00bbb821 8b711c mov esi,dword ptr [ecx+1Ch] FAULTING_THREAD: 00001710 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: WRONG_SYMBOLS BUGCHECK_STR: APPLICATION_FAULT_WRONG_SYMBOLS_NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ IP_ON_HEAP: 1ee516d0 The fault address in not in any loaded module, please check your build's rebase log at \bin\build_logs\timebuild\ntrebase.log for module which may contain the address if it were loaded. FRAME_ONE_INVALID: 1 LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 1ee516d0 to 00bbb821 STACK_TEXT: WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong. 4e267cc0 1ee516d0 4e267e04 759c3f90 1ee516d0 TESV+0x7bb821 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x1ee516d0 SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0 SYMBOL_NAME: TESV+7bb821 FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner IMAGE_NAME: TESV.exe STACK_COMMAND: ~27s; .ecxr ; kb BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS_c0000005_TESV.exe!Unknown WATSON_STAGEONE_URL: http://watson.microsoft.com/StageOne/TESV_exe/1_9_32_0/51437ce5/TESV_exe/1_9_32_0/51437ce5/c0000005/007bb821.htm?Retriage=1 Followup: MachineOwner ---------

In that case, it's time for you to start checking mods.  Disable half your load order, then see if you can load into Whiterun.  If yes, then enable half of the disabled mods and try again.  Keep going until you crash, and you'll narrow it down.  If no, then change which mods are disabled.  Keep going until you narrow it down.

after doing a bunch of that, still no luck BUT I was able to run through the whiterun gates on my horse (lagged through really) then stand in winterhold for a good 2 minutes before it crashed. And yes I did save so I dont have to travel back into winterhold again. I have 2 mionutes when I load in to find the problem, if it's an NPC then I'll disable it in the console and then reset that npc for whatever the problem is.

well since the fixes I've found googling and what have been suggested so far, noen of them are working. Next best option I have is to uninstall the entire game and then reinstall it and then cleanup my mods and figure out which ones I really do want to keep.

After going through everything I did notice people complaining how winterhold and music mods dont play well. I eventually found a mod in my list that I thought was gone called 'Arthurs Farewell'. Apparently it some how came back to haunt me, It's gone now and everything is working properly.

Archived