custom armor ctd. Any common issues to look for?

Serifaz

So I have been working with a custom armor that is essentially a Tera model, I re rigged and added physics to it.

I also added some other objects in the nif.

I replaced the BSLightingShaderProperties and reassigned the textures as needed.

I am trying to load it in game. and it is crashing to desktop immediately on equip.

any ideas on why it would do this?

I am uploading a copy of  the model just in case it is needed.

I heared something about needing vertex colors or something bug not sure that would cause a crash.

Solar Templar.nif

The main problem is it's not rigged properly. What even is this skeleton rig with chain bones and sarong bones? You need to rig it to a Skyrim skeleton. One can't equip anything that's different than the body skeleton used in game.

The second minor issue is the partitions have not been renamed on anything except the baseshape object.

So I have been working with a custom armor that is essentially a Tera model, I re rigged and added physics to it.

I also added some other objects in the nif.

I replaced the BSLightingShaderProperties and reassigned the textures as needed.

I am trying to load it in game. and it is crashing to desktop immediately on equip.

any ideas on why it would do this?

I am uploading a copy of  the model just in case it is needed.

I heared something about needing vertex colors or something bug not sure that would cause a crash.

Make a try

Solar Templar.nif

Slots in BSDismemberSkinInstance were wrong. Happens often in export from 3ds.
Still unclear why NPC Spine1 and NPC Pelvis [Pelv] as NiNode are - find themselves.

Archived