Why is Skyrim doing this?

Z0mBieP00Nani

That is really peculiar. The first thing that comes to my mind is are you using an ENB? If so, make sure anti-aliasing isn't enabled in the skyrim launcher/MO configurator.

I'll try this and see what happens. I am running an ENB, and things got reset as soon as I started up Skyrim.

Asking the obvious ...

Did you run the vanilla launcher>options>default?

Not really sure what you mean. I do start the game through SKSE, if that's what you were looking for.

That is really peculiar. The first thing that comes to my mind is are you using an ENB? If so, make sure anti-aliasing isn't enabled in the skyrim launcher/MO configurator.

I'll try this and see what happens. I am running an ENB, and things got reset as soon as I started up Skyrim.

Asking the obvious ...

Not really sure what you mean. I do start the game through SKSE, if that's what you were looking for.

Sarge is asking if you ran skyrim vanilla one time.  its the only way to setup the .ini files and graphics.  

Asking the obvious ...

Ah. Launch the game using the vanilla launcher, the default one that comes with the game, not the SKSE launcher. When it opens the very first menu, with Play, Data, Options, etc listed, choose the Options. A small window opens, look for and click on the Default button. With that, Skyrim will check your current graphics card and will reset your games configuration.

Asking the obvious ...

Sarge is asking if you ran skyrim vanilla one time.  its the only way to setup the .ini files and graphics.  

Asking the obvious ...

Ah. Launch the game using the vanilla launcher, the default one that comes with the game, not the SKSE launcher. When it opens the very first menu, with Play, Data, Options, etc listed, choose the Options. A small window opens, look for and click on the Default button. With that, Skyrim will check your current graphics card and will reset your games configuration.

Oh, yeah I opened up the vanilla launcher to change the settings and the game changed them for me automatically. I just forgot which settings were mandatory.

Apparently the game will crash if I don't have FXAA checked as well, so that's also necessary; I'm not sure if that's across the board, or if that's just with this card, as it's made by a different manufacturer than my last card.

Yeah, we'll need to know the card. Nvidia? AMD? Is the card set up to use the applications anti-aliasing settings rather than its own? My card is AMD, so your configuration may look different, but make sure it reflects this:

tumblr_ohmguosh771vjzcdbo1_540.png

Also, if you are using Mod Organizer, make sure FXAA is enabled/disabled in its own configurator as well.

Archived