I lost my ability to grab targets to tie up, and can't seem to find it again...

I was playing for a bit last night, after finally getting a long list of really nice mods to cooperate, and spending a few days just working my way through countless MCM options and configurations... 

Well, to make a long story short, last night I was enjoying the ability to sneak up and "grab" NPCs for assault and tie-up options, using a default "G" key, but I cannot remember which mod the setting came from, could not find the option in MCM, and suspect that after abandoning the test PC I was using last night to start a new game using the desired options, the feature may not even be working. It's probably just a mod load order issue. But my question is, "Would anybody happen to know the specific mod I am likely referring to, which has that option of grabbing and tying up targeted NPCs? And more specifically, if you happen to know the correct mod, which MCM settings page to define the activation key for it?

Can you list us your load order? If its big put it inside spoiler, that way we can give you a better answer regarding this issue you have.

The mods that i know that give you the ability to tie up enemies are SD+(Sanguines Debauchery),Devious Devices and Maria Eden.

I'm having the same issue. I can no longer sneak up and grab them, when I press the Action button (G) it seems to send me into a diologue that I can tell them to do different things (which dosen't work, tie up animations dont work and sack dosent show on my back. when 'tied up' they just stand there)

Very enraging.

The forum link for SL Defeat : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19941-sexlab-defeat/page-541?hl=defeat

Some mods use the same keys so you will have to change that in the mcm, the more mods you use with a mcm the more thorough you will need to be when setting it up... mods without a mcm usually have there keys in a .ini file or a .json file and both can be opened with notepad

I've tried different keys, still nothing. This isnt my first install of the mod. I've had it up and working for like a year now, and this is the first time I haven't been able to grab people.

The keys still work. It still 'avtivates' them but instead of grabbing them, they play a little surrender animation and initiate diologue which lets me tell them to do some of the stuff defeat would, except none of the animations work for those options.

The forum link for SL Defeat : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19941-sexlab-defeat/page-541?hl=defeat

Some mods use the same keys so you will have to change that in the mcm, the more mods you use with a mcm the more thorough you will need to be when setting it up... mods without a mcm usually have there keys in a .ini file or a .json file and both can be opened with notepad

I've tried different keys, still nothing. This isnt my first install of the mod. I've had it up and working for like a year now, and this is the first time I haven't been able to grab people.

The keys still work. It still 'avtivates' them but instead of grabbing them, they play a little surrender animation and initiate diologue which lets me tell them to do some of the stuff defeat would, except none of the animations work for those options.

hmm.. do you have cursed loot installed with rape active? surrender key for CL might be the same as Grabbing in Defeat.. or you have a weapon drawn and defeat have a diffrent animation for that.. have you checked all the mcm's so there are no conflicts with the features from the mods you use

hmm.. do you have cursed loot installed with rape active? surrender key for CL might be the same as Grabbing in Defeat.. or you have a weapon drawn and defeat have a diffrent animation for that.. have you checked all the mcm's so there are no conflicts with the features from the mods you use

I don't have cursed loot. I've tried with different weapons, bare handed, magic etc. Still does the same thing. I've been through the MCM and I've checked load orders of things. I'll try to record a video of what it does and post that. I did notice that when they enter the dialogue, along with the tie up, undress and stuff, there's a paradise halls capture option. That has always been there when you talk to them when you knock them down, since before, when I could grab them but I dont think it would be what's causing the issue, cause that just comes up when they're in a knock down state. I dont get it. I've completely uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it. I've tried different versions. I've screwed with the mcm. Ive started brand new characters to start fresh. Nothing is changing it.

edit: here's a video. As I press G she says 'i cannot best you' and when I speak to her I get those options. Sorry for the crap quality, I didnt want to download a screen recording program :I

https://www.dropbox.com/s/042it7vms3bacyz/VID_20161122_154217.mp4?dl=0

Guest SwiftDeathSK

Did you enable the submit grapple option? It works more like a shout unless you select the "Submit Grapple" option in the Player As Aggressor section of the Defeat MCM menu. That toggles it to function more like a contact spell, instead of a shout, and has it's own animation associated with it (iirc)

Did you enable the submit grapple option? It works more like a shout unless you select the "Submit Grapple" option in the Player As Aggressor section of the Defeat MCM menu. That toggles it to function more like a contact spell, instead of a shout, and has it's own animation associated with it (iirc)

I don't even have that option in the MCM... I've tried in 5.3.3 and 5.3.5 and neither has it. what the hell is going on :/

You know what, I was thinking of SexLab Submit. It's very similar to Defeat, but it does have the Submit Grapple section.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/247-sexlab-submit-01sep14-1133/

Default key is G on that one too, lol.

Personally, I prefer Submit, but I've been playing with Defeat a lot recently.

Well if I can't figure this thing out looks like I'm going to be switching to submit. This mod is causing me too much grief.

You know what, I was thinking of SexLab Submit. It's very similar to Defeat, but it does have the Submit Grapple section.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/247-sexlab-submit-01sep14-1133/

Default key is G on that one too, lol.

Personally, I prefer Submit, but I've been playing with Defeat a lot recently.

well, what do you know.

I re-downloaded it from the page and deleted my old copy and it works again :/

Somehow both versions I had must have been corrupted. Thank god because defeat is like my bread and butter for this game.

Thanks for all your help though, it's much appreciated <3<3<3

Thanks all. Sorry I could not get back sooner to respond, and still not 100% certain whether it was SL Defeat, or Surrender, as I had both running and after reversing the load order on the two it works again. 

Unfortunately, many related mods have overlapping default key assignments, and for some reason (likely specific to my computer), once my game controller is active, MCM doesn't accept any keyboard input, so no possible way through MCM to re-assign any keys. The keys work fine when used in-game, they just do not work when MCM says to press a key, to re-assign. For this reason, when mods end up in different load orders, only the last on the list to have a specific hotkey default activates when that key is pressed.

Not entirely on the same subject or topic, but would anybody happen to know of any way to get the keys re-assigned outside of running the game, such as through a config file or something? Or more of a longshot question, but would there be any chance that the makers of some mods commonly used together to get together and discuss key assignments to avoid conflicts or overlaps if there may be a few others having similar MCM issues as I am having. Unless on the off chance that anybody may have some idea of why MCM would not be accepting keyboard input, or any possible fixes for that.

Thanks all. Sorry I could not get back sooner to respond, and still not 100% certain whether it was SL Defeat, or Surrender, as I had both running and after reversing the load order on the two it works again. 

Unfortunately, many related mods have overlapping default key assignments, and for some reason (likely specific to my computer), once my game controller is active, MCM doesn't accept any keyboard input, so no possible way through MCM to re-assign any keys. The keys work fine when used in-game, they just do not work when MCM says to press a key, to re-assign. For this reason, when mods end up in different load orders, only the last on the list to have a specific hotkey default activates when that key is pressed.

Not entirely on the same subject or topic, but would anybody happen to know of any way to get the keys re-assigned outside of running the game, such as through a config file or something? Or more of a longshot question, but would there be any chance that the makers of some mods commonly used together to get together and discuss key assignments to avoid conflicts or overlaps if there may be a few others having similar MCM issues as I am having. Unless on the off chance that anybody may have some idea of why MCM would not be accepting keyboard input, or any possible fixes for that.

I found this as well. I'm using a chatpad on my comtroller to get past that. To bind the keys I just unplug the controller, assign the keys in mcm and plug it back in. You don't have to type it in on the chatpad for the buttons to work. I thought it was a good investment :P

I found this as well. I'm using a chatpad on my comtroller to get past that. To bind the keys I just unplug the controller, assign the keys in mcm and plug it back in. You don't have to type it in on the chatpad for the buttons to work. I thought it was a good investment :P

What sort of controller do you use? If it's XBox or similar/compatible, then most Windows PCs may be as simple as connecting the controller and letting Windows autodetect, etc, but using something like PS3 controllers or many other third-party controllers, requires tricky "unsigned drivers" to get a Windows PC to recognize them. I ask because a chatpad addon sounds like a perfect solution, if it works with PS3 or other controllers, but I currently have to run "Better DS3 Tools" in the background in order for my computer to see my controller.

What sort of controller do you use? If it's XBox or similar/compatible, then most Windows PCs may be as simple as connecting the controller and letting Windows autodetect, etc, but using something like PS3 controllers or many other third-party controllers, requires tricky "unsigned drivers" to get a Windows PC to recognize them. I ask because a chatpad addon sounds like a perfect solution, if it works with PS3 or other controllers, but I currently have to run "Better DS3 Tools" in the background in order for my computer to see my controller.

I'm using an xbox one controller with the chatpad. It didnt work at first, but I downloaded some sort of controller app from the microsoft store thingy in windows 10 and now I dont need to run anything in the background

I don't have cursed loot. I've tried with different weapons, bare handed, magic etc. Still does the same thing. I've been through the MCM and I've checked load orders of things. I'll try to record a video of what it does and post that. I did notice that when they enter the dialogue, along with the tie up, undress and stuff, there's a paradise halls capture option. That has always been there when you talk to them when you knock them down, since before, when I could grab them but I dont think it would be what's causing the issue, cause that just comes up when they're in a knock down state. I dont get it. I've completely uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it. I've tried different versions. I've screwed with the mcm. Ive started brand new characters to start fresh. Nothing is changing it.

edit: here's a video. As I press G she says 'i cannot best you' and when I speak to her I get those options. Sorry for the crap quality, I didnt want to download a screen recording program :I

https://www.dropbox.com/s/042it7vms3bacyz/VID_20161122_154217.mp4?dl=0

I have not seen those dialog messages before. Perhaps it could be something to do with a mod added afterwards. Have you added any mods, or changed load order since the last time that it worked as you expected? It also looks like you have magic spells ready for casting, which counts as armed/combat, the same as having a weapon drawn. IS there any change in the dialog when unarmed (no magic spells readied)?

It looks as if the animation is not even trying to trigger, so more likely to do with whatever added the dialog, and not so much any animation issue.

Archived