[GameMaker] Twin Star - (T)wincest dating-sim RPG *public 08/01/18*

PandaPenguin

I just tried the TwinStar_techDemo_0_6_1 and it looks pretty good but somethings are boring as hell. Mostly what makes it boring is that walking speed. They move slower then molasses in January. It's like click door close eyes open again and see where they are at a little bit later after awhile your about sleeping. A lot of games like this have where you can hold shift to dash but some also have where you can set it to auto dash or have mouse click set to dash all the time. Not sure if this is a bug or not but you can only do the club job one time. Once you max out a skill to level 5 you can still select it and study it and fill the bar again.

thanks for the feedback  :D

regarding the movement speed: yes, a "sprint" function is planned, right now there is only a temporary toggle to change speed when you press F3

for the skill learning: thanks for the note. since the skill/school system is still in development it will be handled in the right way later for sure

the development stage is still pre-alpha so you can expect many more tweaks and features for things that look "broken" or "wrong" for now once I had the time to work on them. keep in mind this is a one man team (just me)   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question I tried out 0.6.2 and I have read that the next version is going to be 0.7 and that you are upgrading to gamemaker:studio2. So my question is will the save file from 0.6.2 be compatible with 0.7? Since 0.7 will be a different engine.

In the game when you play the brother you can invite Tamara home but when you get there it switches to the sisters scene. I know the brother doesn't have a scene for it yet but I think it would of been better just to make her turn him down or put up a place holder screenshot till it was ready.

I have a question I tried out 0.6.2 and I have read that the next version is going to be 0.7 and that you are upgrading to gamemaker:studio2. So my question is will the save file from 0.6.2 be compatible with 0.7? Since 0.7 will be a different engine.

In the game when you play the brother you can invite Tamara home but when you get there it switches to the sisters scene. I know the brother doesn't have a scene for it yet but I think it would of been better just to make her turn him down or put up a place holder screenshot till it was ready.

your assumption is correct: pre 0.7 save files will not work with the 0.7+ versions

but there will be at least one more 0.6.x update until 0.7 is finished (0.6.3 released at the end of March)

the thing with Mike being able to invite Tamara is a bug, she actually should reject him like you suggested ;)

Ok thanks for the fast response guess I'll stop playing 0.6.2 then as I was going to play it and max some of their school skills but if the save will be no good then there is no reason being bored twice trying to max them out.

Thanks for the info on the run speed I used it for the 0.6.2 to increase the speed.

kElDIsml.png

it's time for early access the new version!

I fixed some bugs regarding the job minigame so it is now possible to work more than once per day (but not at evening or night)

to trigger the new scene with Candice and Lena (30 CGI) you first need to pay Candice for a show (at the left pole) and then offer Mercedes your help so you get access to the backroom area where you need to talk to Candice to start the scene!

T4 and T5 Patrons can download the new version here

T3 Patrons will get access in one week (04/06/17) and the public release for this version will be on 04/13/17!

Preview:

LXg1lFhl.png

• 2 weeks later...

RfM95cdl.png

it's time again for a public release!

techDemo 0.6.3 is here and you can get it from here!

so what's inside?

I fixed some bugs regarding the job minigame so it is now possible to work more than once per day (but not at evening or night)

to trigger the new scene with Candice and Lena (30 CGI) you first need to pay Candice for a show (at the left pole) and then offer Mercedes your help so you get access to the backroom area where you need to talk to Candice to start the scene!

you can read more on the new release and news on development here at the dev-blog .

LXg1lFhl.png

Cool wake me in a couple of weeks.

*poke*

Candice is pretty hot looking and that was a pretty good scene hopefully in the later build if you get both Candice's and the boss's love stat high enough she will join Candice and Lena in the shower.

I was just thinking when I was looking at the games themes. For the rape theme who will all get that theme will it be the brother the sister or just the brother and if it's the brother only are the rape theme parts the ones where you see your sister in her room while she sleeps?

Keep up the great work can't wait to see what's next.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

V6z3R5Jl.png

check out this public announcement for the new upcoming "Foto Mode" feature scheduled for techDemo 0.7.1

Cool I'll wait till it's posted again here as I'm pretty sure it's under a paywall just like the new classmate post was and there's no point looking if I can't see it.

well.... the techDemo 0.7 announcement was public, as always... and the poll is 5$ Patron exclusive.... as always

but I get what you mean, I'll try to state right away if it's public or not

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived