Why my character turn side ways during conversation?

ssddsquare

I would like to stay civil on this topic ... but I cannot.

Your character turning around during dialoge is normal and we have to learn to live with it. Because Bethesda fucked up the port.

Your character turns because you move the mouse ... of couse you have to move the mouse to select a dialog response in their fucked up menu. I have no idea how shit like this could have made it through quality testing. Yet it did and now we're stuck with it.

All I can say is that you can also select dialog responses with the arrow keys. Not WASD though, only the actuall arrow keys. Those keys furthest away from your hands. If you use those, your character will not turn their back to the person she is speaking to.

I use the numbers one through four to answer dialogue responses. Hence I don't have an issue with turning sideways.

In addition, what Bethesda did with Fallout 4 is much better than most modern games do. Bethesda at least gives a fair degree of head tracking. Most current $60 games don't remotely bother to do that.

The numbers?

The same numbers I have hotkeyed to the 10mm pistol, 5mm minigun, 7,62 sniper and fuckin' mininukes?!

Those numbers?!

*edit* Corrected the calliber.

Yes, when you're in conversation the numbers do not function as hotkeys for combat and weapons. The quick menu is disabled, and the numbers apply to selections in the dialogue. I've been using it since Fallout 4 just came out, and it works perfectly.

In fact, the only way to use quick menu hotkeys (for weapons and such) during conversation is to force your character to face away from the conversation.

Or you can install these

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

Very strange, maybe is my mouse sensitivity, but my character don't turn the head when in dialogue...

Something i like in the fo4 dialogue is that i can save during dialogue and we can get away too, i think this is a nice feature.

Oh, I use that. I didn't realize that's why I can use the number keys to answer, but you're right, Ralfetas.

As for head tracking, it's not as good as the modded skyrim. But it's still much better than almost all the other modern games out there. Nobody else even tries to make people look at each other. Either they do pre-recorded, pre-rendered videos of the conversations (which is cheating), or the people stare into space.

• 1 year later...

My english is bad, but posibly i found a fix:)

In Fallout4Prefs.ini I found this line-

[General]
bGamepadEnable=1

I change it to 0

Now Im playing for over an hour, on purpose talking to everyone, brutaly moving my mouse, changing from 1st person to 3rd person, it looks bug is complitely gonne:D

Could someone test it and confirm if it worked for u?:)

10 hours ago, naelnor said:

[General]
bGamepadEnable=1

I change it to 0

Now Im playing for over an hour, on purpose talking to everyone, brutaly moving my mouse, changing from 1st person to 3rd person, it looks bug is complitely gonne:D

I will in fact test that out right now!  I've been following this amusing thread all day :)

11 hours ago, naelnor said:

[General]
bGamepadEnable=1

I change it to 0

I dare say, this seems to have worked as advertised!

Archived