Multiple problems with follower creation

idle

So, Cara1993 and I have begun working on a follower mod for my character preset (see signature) and we have run into multiple problems and hope that you can help us with it:

First, comparison pics of the current state:

Original

20161101111135_1.jpg

Follower mod

20161101111140_1.jpg

Problem 1:

The face tints(makeup) are all not visible. Only the eyeliners and lips are showing.

Edit: fixed this problem by copying the "tintmasks" folder to the follower texture folder. Tintmasks are unique and not from skyrim itself, so it was missing in the follower data.

Edit 2: The original uses ECE tintmasks, but I could not find them anywhere. Now we need the location of them.

Problem 2: 

The eye shading and reflections aren't the same. I suppose the .dds files responsible for shading and reflections are "eyeenvironmentmask_m" and "eyereflection" right? 

Problem 3:

In the original, I have set the head scale to 1.06. However, in CK you have no such option.

My idea was simply scaling the head meshes up by 6% in outfit studio. Could this even work?

The current mod file is attached below for you to test and tell us what's wrong.

(Please test under neutral light conditions, best would be with DH enb and in a black space like the "black hole" mod)

Your help is appreciated and will lead to a faster release of the follower mod.

https://mega.nz/#!VRQEUS7C!gmF-RRi1EPvkuj-8mU4nilPdE8bG0rn_ALoZENURKlA

post-826894-0-39730700-1478606113_thumb.jpg

On my playthrough the neck seam isn't nearly so pronounced. The wrist and ankle seams are noticeable. It looks like the tint is a shade or two lighter than the skin is. She was nude but she was carrying all her stuff. She does look amazing. Hopefully, the small issues can be ironed out.

I've sought multiple people for help with the eye specularity and shading problem, but so far no progress. We are stuck at that point.

Not sure when I'll continue working on it and try to find a solution. Kinda low on motivation right now.

And about the different versions, while they are just a tad different from the original (general head and face shapes are approx. the same), it takes time to tweak and refine them. But I've found the corresponding hairs already.

I've made an update on my preset page about the second character mentioned, but am unsure about how close she looks to the original yet.

The "shading problem" isn't a problem at all, it's simply the result of the sunburn tint interacting with light sources, and as for eye specularity, up the actual ->mesh<- specularity by about 40 in nifskope, also the original eye is slighty rounder and "taller" in the center than you have, which exaggerates the curving effect towards the nose.

With the shading problem I meant the shading of the eye, as it doesn't use the eyebrown_n, resulting in no eye shading at all as you can see above. The specularity problem or "glassy eye" is a known problem that occurs while merging the .nifs, you can read about it here in the first sticky post. We have tried the suggested fixes, but the first ones didn't work. Also I don't know how to attach the "NiAdditionalGeometryData". Both shading and specularity are connected to nifmerging problems.

If anyone wants to go ahead and try and fix it by themselves, I'm ready to send all files needed.

As for problem 3, when I made my first trial at building a follower I ran into a similar problem as I wanted the leck length to be shorter than default. I managed to convey this by assigning a custom skeleton nif file to the follower, which simply had different scaling to the neck nodes done via editing it through nifscope.
I reckon you can get what you need by scaling down the head node.

I'm resuming my own attempts at building followers so I'll come back here soon after I get some more experience myself.

With the shading problem I meant the shading of the eye, as it doesn't use the eyebrown_n, resulting in no eye shading at all as you can see above. The specularity problem or "glassy eye" is a known problem that occurs while merging the .nifs, you can read about it here in the first sticky post. We have tried the suggested fixes, but the first ones didn't work. Also I don't know how to attach the "NiAdditionalGeometryData". Both shading and specularity are connected to nifmerging problems.

If anyone wants to go ahead and try and fix it by themselves, I'm ready to send all files needed.

This is my take on this with my current level of knowledge:

There are a few problems which I believe are easily fixable, but if we want this to be a 100% copy of the character it might be best to take a couple of steps back and focus on the initial face export a bit, the rest is easy with help. My sugestion would be to do the export by temporarily using RaceMenu.

- If you willing: load RaceMenu, you might have to redo the makeup selection so write those values beforehand, and do a racemenu export.

- If you want to stick to ECE or RaceMenu isn't working out well for you: I have no experience with ECE so I'll point to CEO's guide about exporting acurately with ECE that you can find here: http://0s-mod.tumblr.com/0S/G/CustomNPC/PerfectFidelity Just scroll down to "Get Head", seems like a pain in the butt compared to RaceMenu if you ask me. ^^'

In case you want to use and export a higher resolution tintmask go to Data\SKSE\skse.ini and add:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=1024

or if you want to go full throttle (creates big tint files):

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

The head scale issue should be as easy as assigning a custom skeleton with a scaled down head, no problem there.

In sum: I can try my hand if you send me all the files but I can't fix the export. Looking the the nifs included in your preset download the nifs seem slightly corrupted and the tintmasks are incomplete so I wouldn't trust how ECE is currently exporting them for you. Once we are sure we have an accurate export I can test and verify if every file required is being loaded and we can all share the greatness that is Liz.

There are a few problems which I believe are easily fixable, but if we want this to be a 100% copy of the character it might be best to take a couple of steps back and focus on the initial face export a bit, the rest is easy with help. My sugestion would be to do the export by temporarily using RaceMenu.

- If you willing: load RaceMenu, you might have to redo the makeup selection so write those values beforehand, and do a racemenu export.

- If you want to stick to ECE or RaceMenu isn't working out well for you: I have no experience with ECE so I'll point to CEO's guide about exporting acurately with ECE that you can find here: http://0s-mod.tumblr.com/0S/G/CustomNPC/PerfectFidelity Just scroll down to "Get Head", seems like a pain in the butt compared to RaceMenu if you ask me. ^^'

In case you want to use and export a higher resolution tintmask go to Data\SKSE\skse.ini and add:

[Display]

[Display]

The head scale issue should be as easy as assigning a custom skeleton with a scaled down head, no problem there.

In sum: I can try my hand if you send me all the files but I can't fix the export. Looking the the nifs included in your preset download the nifs seem slightly corrupted and the tintmasks are incomplete so I wouldn't trust how ECE is currently exporting them for you. Once we are sure we have an accurate export I can test and verify if every file required is being loaded and we can all share the greatness that is Liz.

All of this sounds pretty good. I'll send you all the files and export with RM again at the weekend  :shy:

Thx!

By the way, I couldn't find any skse.ini in my SKSE folder?

All of this sounds pretty good. I'll send you all the files and export with RM again at the weekend  :shy:

Thx!

By the way, I couldn't find any skse.ini in my SKSE folder?

Oh, right, it's usually not there by default. You can drop this one there, I had other configs but only left those lines in.

skse.zip

[Display]

[Display]

You've got a pm

Archived