do you think skyrim 2016 will ever replace the original & how long would it take?

This could have been done 4 years ago when it was fucking needed. When it became clear that skyrim would need some polishing. This could have been done to a different game of the franchise like oblivion and it would even make sense.

Now all we get is some fucking bloom with godrays, a fast moneygrab for the devs and 5 years worth of mods divided into two. I understand the console viewpoint but to shit on an existing modding community on the PC front like this is just fucking stupid.

There will be mods that will only work with SSE by mod authors who'll refuse to port it to the old system because HURR NEWRIM MOVE ON

There will be mods that will only work on Oldrim by mod authors who'll refuse to port it to - AND release new mods for - SSE.

If you guys are so naive and seriously think this won't divide this shit I don't know what to say.

Sadly, that's the truth. I couldn't agree more with that comment. It would of been better if they did a remake of their older TES titles. I think the problem is the new gen gamers. I think anything older than Oblivion is too much RPG for them it wouldn't be as good as Skyrim in sales. The only reason why SSE is tolerated is because it's free. But I can assure you if Bethesda treated SSE like a new game where everyone had to buy it, there would be a massive shit fest.

I didn't get the chance to enjoy Skyrim 2011 without mods as I wanted to because of how bugged out it was. So if Skyrim 2016 lives up to what people have said, I will play it purely vanilla. Not that I really care at this point because I've beaten the game a few times now so that first time experience isn't there.

The title is really not very clear. It should be  "do you think skyrim 2016 will ever replace the original for everyone, a few, or majority of the mod users, and how long would it take? The answer for me and many others is, no. I will install SSE real soon and I will treat it as a vanilla game. Nothing more. Simply because every single mod I have will not be converted and ported over. And I won't be bothered to do them all myself. I just don't expect all the good mods to ever be converted to work for SSE. Besides, I won't be forced to use NMM just for VFS. And manual mod installation is in the past. Even if I had a stable game with manually installing many mods for other games. The hassle of uninstalling assets pertaining to that mod and reverting back to a previously overwritten file I have to install agian. No thanks. Maybe when MO pars with the old MO I may mod SSE. But not anytime soon. I'm just tracking mods on Nexus for now.

This could have been done 4 years ago when it was fucking needed. When it became clear that skyrim would need some polishing. This could have been done to a different game of the franchise like oblivion and it would even make sense.

Now all we get is some fucking bloom with godrays, a fast moneygrab for the devs and 5 years worth of mods divided into two. I understand the console viewpoint but to shit on an existing modding community on the PC front like this is just fucking stupid.

There will be mods that will only work with SSE by mod authors who'll refuse to port it to the old system because HURR NEWRIM MOVE ON

There will be mods that will only work on Oldrim by mod authors who'll refuse to port it to - AND release new mods for - SSE.

If you guys are so naive and seriously think this won't divide this shit I don't know what to say.

It's no different ANYWHERE really. A good example is the Destiny issue where PS3/Xbox 360 had to be dropped for what was a DLC that was $40 more for 2 hours more stuff(That's what people think?). That was a shit fest because of the old but people tolerated it because it was moving the game forward instead of being shackled to the old.

For me, Skyrim is a great game but once you add mods to it, you had to literally cross your fingers and hoped it worked before it caused everything to run like shat. And I'm on a decent system which is way more than the required. The Special Edition actually made me want to play Skyrim again and that's the point of it. Getting people to play it again. Sure, you have the old version and that's fine. No one is telling you 'You must play the new' or 'The new is shit, play the old'. You still have a choice, use it.

People want to be divided and that's what's pissing me the fuck off. I said it before and I'll say it again; these fucking people have way to high exceptions for modder's because of the time gap. This seems exactly like another repeat of FO4.

I agreed 100% with you on this, you said what i think in a smart way.

Just to add, Bethesda should just accept the fact that they are game makers, they are TERRIBLE community managers, they don't know how to deal with fans and with people, just see the twittes by Pete Hines, or that gameplays videos, and the war that breaks in bethesda.net in the start.

I like changes, but they could have done so much more for skyrim... and i am sure everyone would pay.

Archived