[SOLVED]Mod Organizer "FNIS.esp not activated"

JackBikwik

YES I AM RUNNING FNIS FOR USERS AS AN EXECUTABLE IN MO

YES I AM THEN MAKING THE OVERWRITE ITS OWN MOD

Now with that out of the way...

I switched from NMM to MO last night.  To do so, I wrote down every mod I use and then completely uninstalled skyrim, reinstalled, installed MO and went about adding back in each mod one at a time. All 150 of them...then I took all of my 12 different character saves and ran them through PDTWrapper for unattached instances.  That is the extent of my knowledge in "cleaning" saves.  I know there's other nonsense involving the papyrus log and Save Cleaner, but it makes no sense to me.

I built a new FNIS log through MO, as an executable, then turned the overwrite into a mod that I put at the end of my load order.  I then launched the game.  Everything loaded fine (witch craft!) except FNISSexy Move threw the error "FNIS.esp not activated".  XP32ME's MCM also says the FNIS Plugin is not active.  However all FNIS dependent animations worked fine.  Including Sexy Move.  Female NPCs have plenty of swing in their step.  All the XP23ME stuff in RaceMenu works.  HDT works.  Not a single problem.

Issue is SexyMove keeps constantly throwing errors in a popup every time I load the game and sometimes in an upper left notification that just keeps spamming "fnis sexy move stopped working clean save needed".

I tried disabling SexyMove, rebuilding FNIS, loading each game, moving around a bit and then saving it (female NPCs were walking on all fours with SM disabled which was...amusing).  I then re-enabled SM, rebuilt FNIS, reloaded and still getting the same damn error, but once again everything is working correctly.  Wth, man?

The new FNIS comes with an esp file, it is required by Fore's mods and maybe others. I have the FNIS.esp disabled as I don't have a mod that requires it but you do so you should enable it in your load order.

It is enabled.  I also tried putting a copy of it in my actual data folder so it was enabled twice.  Still same error.

You aren't running the beta MO are you?  Avoid that.

If no one helps you, try this thread:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

I use TESMM myself, so I can' really offer any help.  Sorry.

I went through that thread already.  I'm running MO 1.3.11.  Is that beta...?  If it is, how would I roll back without starting over?

I've been running 1.3.11 for a while with no issues (At least as far as MO is concerned).  

I stopped using Fore's SM.  While it's a cool mod, my impression is that it is a bit of a resource hog.  In a game running 150+ mods you need your resources.  

I'm not sure that running 2 copies of FNIS is a good thing.  Even though MO runs FNIS from a virual disk (from my layman's understanding), I'm not sure what effect having a second copy in your Skyrim directory would have, or what that would do to the data files.  It's possible that MO could view the second copy as "unmanaged mods", which are allowed to run anyway which could cause MO to get really confused.  At the very least, it's going to be messy.  My advice would be to take the time to manually clean the non-MO FNIS install and it's associated data files (uninstall it), uninstall FNIS in MO as well just to be certain, and then do a clean MO FNIS reinstall without SM.  

Once you have that done, make sure you check the right side (unless you've reconfigured) where you see the plugins, archives and data tabs (etc..) scan your plugin list and make sure the FNIS.esp and related plugin's are checked.  Sometimes when you install and check a mod in your main window (What IS that called?), the corresponding plugins don't get automatically checked and it must be done manually.

On a side note, my complements to Sebastian Herbord on Mod Organizer.  It has a bit of a learning curve but once you get it down, it's an amazing tool for Mod Management and troubleshooting.

I've been running 1.3.11 for a while with no issues (At least as far as MO is concerned).  

I stopped using Fore's SM.  While it's a cool mod, my impression is that it is a bit of a resource hog.  In a game running 150+ mods you need your resources.  

I'm not sure that running 2 copies of FNIS is a good thing.  Even though MO runs FNIS from a virual disk (from my layman's understanding), I'm not sure what effect having a second copy in your Skyrim directory would have, or what that would do to the data files.  It's possible that MO could view the second copy as "unmanaged mods", which are allowed to run anyway which could cause MO to get really confused.  At the very least, it's going to be messy.  My advice would be to take the time to manually clean the non-MO FNIS install and it's associated data files (uninstall it), uninstall FNIS in MO as well just to be certain, and then do a clean MO FNIS reinstall without SM.  

Once you have that done, make sure you check the right side (unless you've reconfigured) where you see the plugins, archives and data tabs (etc..) scan your plugin list and make sure the FNIS.esp and related plugin's are checked.  Sometimes when you install and check a mod in your main window (What IS that called?), the corresponding plugins don't get automatically checked and it must be done manually.

On a side note, my complements to Sebastian Herbord on Mod Organizer.  It has a bit of a learning curve but once you get it down, it's an amazing tool for Mod Management and troubleshooting.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I'm not using 2 copies of FNIS.  I just slapped the ESP in my data folder temporarily to see if it made a difference.  It didn't, so I removed it.

As far as a "clean" install of FNIS, I completely reinstalled a new copy when I reinstalled skyrim.  I do not have a non-MO version since reinstalling Skyrim.

I checked the Plugins list and FNIS.esp is definitely checked.

The only reason I'm using SexyMove at all is because it was listed as a requirement for a mod here on LL.  I don't remember what mod it was, though...

Good news!  I seem to have gotten it working.  I went into the information for FNIS in MO, moved the .esp up into the "optional" panel (effectively unchecking it), then loaded the game and saved it.  I then added it back in and checked it in the plugin panel and now it's suddenly working.  Crazy shit.

Archived