You Don't Look Like an Assassin

View File

So there I was, talking to Arentino Aventus as a level one orphan who had just aged out of the Riften orphanage. "Kill Grelod!" he said. And I agreed because, as with anyone who has had to suffer under her "kind" care, I had always wanted to do just that.
So I did. And soon after, I was abducted by a lady from the Dark Brotherhood who invited me to join their little family of assassins. As I talked to the other members and was given some assignments, I realized that something just...wasn't...right. It didn't take long to figure out what that thing was.

I'm an orphan, barely an adult, who has killed exactly one person. I can't sneak worth a damn. I've never faced real combat. There is no way an organization like this would hire someone like me to do this kind of work.

Mod Description
This mod seeks to make sure the player can actually do assassin-like things before being sent on assassin jobs. For now, that means that Nazir won't give you any assignments until your sneak has reached 35 (which seems too high, now that I type it. Might change that.)

Soon there will be kill requirements and...I don't know, whatever else we can think of that would be fitting for the context. Let me know your ideas!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/15/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Fuz Ro D-oh http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884/?
  • Special Edition Compatible

College Days: Winterhold

You Don't Look Like an Assassin

Where's "Become a bard?"  :P

started on it, but it's already been done by other people. although i've been told that i should do something with it anyway. maybe once I've finished the non-db story EtC and Sleep for Credit, which I just remembered I'm supposed to be working on.

I love the College Days, thank you so much for that!

I think this one is a great idea too.

However, my current character, it is actually part of her story, that she can't sneak or do anything assassin worthy.  She is actually just working for the Brotherhood in an effort to come up with her tuition fees for Jordan.   :)    Only reason they are letting her is because of her lack of morals and willingness to kill, (however she can figure it out), and their shorthandedness.

I love the College Days, thank you so much for that!

I think this one is a great idea too.

However, my current character, it is actually part of her story, that she can't sneak or do anything assassin worthy.  She is actually just working for the Brotherhood in an effort to come up with her tuition fees for Jordan.   :)    Only reason they are letting her is because of her lack of morals and willingness to kill, (however she can figure it out), and their shorthandedness.

The shorthandedness is a viable reason. I figure the trip from the abandoned cabin to the Sanctuary was another test - if the player can make it that far alive, there must be something about them worthy of giving them a shot.

maybe to bypass the sneak requirement you could have nazeem send the charcter on a kill/fetch quest to prove they are DB material

Nazeem and Nazir do have similar names, don't they?

I think it's a conspiracy. They're actually the same person. Just like Superman puts on glasses to become Clark Kent, Nazir takes off his hood and cape to become Nazeem.  :D

So mage which crafted own daedric gear in atronach forge, melting things around with mind if not bored, and watching immortal army piercing those otherwise... can be unworthy of killing nomads. :cool: .

ha! Well, clearly, this mod is geared toward relatively low leveled characters. If you're far enough along that you can do all THAT then you'll likely breeze past the requirement checks of this mod and it'll be as if you don't have it installed.

I would think you could use the sneak tree sort of like you did with the CoW. Maybe you have to have the backstab perk before Nazim will give you work. Or something to that effect.

another good idea, thanks. The direction this is taking is sort of an "assassin training" thing. It's going to be the bastard child of CDW and Thieves Guild Requirements.

I would think you could use the sneak tree sort of like you did with the CoW.  Maybe you have to have the backstab perk before Nazim will give you work.  Or something to that effect.

Using perks would work, though anybody using perkma, skyre or anything like that re-names perks would now find it un-useable, unless there are patches made, which means more work for whoever does those patches.

I would think you could use the sneak tree sort of like you did with the CoW. Maybe you have to have the backstab perk before Nazim will give you work. Or something to that effect.

Using perks would work, though anybody using perkma, skyre or anything like that re-names perks would now find it un-useable, unless there are patches made, which means more work for whoever does those patches.

very very good point. Not touching perks.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...