SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

I noticed when looking at the records in TESVEdit that each parasite has 2 versions: The one that is actually equipped and shows up on the player, and one that just shows up in the inventory. I was curious why these functionalities were separated instead of just combined on one item. Was there some mod limitation that required it to be done this way?

I noticed when looking at the records in TESVEdit that each parasite has 2 versions: The one that is actually equipped and shows up on the player, and one that just shows up in the inventory. I was curious why these functionalities were separated instead of just combined on one item. Was there some mod limitation that required it to be done this way?

That's a design from Devious Devices. That would have to be a question for them.

Parasites can be seen as organic devious devices. I am using that framework to manage locking and releasing slots, random events, .. that kind of thing.

45 minutes ago, cobra0798 said:

would you be able to add a body slot to the inventory versions of the parasites? mods that search for equipped items don't find them like they do with devious devices since they don't have body slots.

What do you mean? 

The parasites are using body slots. I modeled them after regular devices. 

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

What do you mean? 

The parasites are using body slots. I modeled them after regular devices. 

I didn't look at every parasite, but for the tentacle armor one, the rendered item has body slots but the item in the inventory does not. For some reason the mod I was using to detect worn items and show their body slots was not picking it up, and Milk Mod Economy also did not show it.

34 minutes ago, cobra0798 said:

I didn't look at every parasite, but for the tentacle armor one, the rendered item has body slots but the item in the inventory does not. For some reason the mod I was using to detect worn items and show their body slots was not picking it up, and Milk Mod Economy also did not show it.

I am looking at the default DD devices right now and none of the Inventory copies are using body slots... only the rendered copy and the script instance copy are using slots.

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am looking at the default DD devices right now and none of the Inventory copies are using body slots... only the rendered copy and the script instance copy are using slots.

Oh, my bad. I could have sworn I saw them having armor slots but apparently not. Nevermind then.

finally managed to play through this to  the currant end  of the quest line i cant wait to see what happens next with the seed stone 

1 thing though, any chance of getting some quest markers, its manageable to get through it but  i could see people getting lost quick if they fail to pay attention along the way 

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath69 said:

I just reinstalled the mod 'Sacrificial Spriggan'.

Maybe something like that would fit in parasites?

Reveal hidden contents

As you can see in the description of Sacrificial Spriggan, that mod was inspired from the Flowering Spriggan in Sanguine Debauchery.

I am planning to move that quest from SD to Parasites and I already started moving files between the two mods. 

The Spriggan hands, feet, body and mask will act as different stages of a fungal infection in Parasites.

The new version will have a different healing mechanism and will not remove anything from the player's inventory.

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

As you can see in the description of Sacrificial Spriggan, that mod was inspired from the Flowering Spriggan in Sanguine Debauchery.

I am planning to move that quest from SD to Parasites and I already started moving files between the two mods. 

The Spriggan hands, feet, body and mask will act as different stages of a fungal infection in Parasites.

The new version will have a different healing mechanism and will not remove anything from the player's inventory.

Oh, sry I did not realize that.
I'm looking forward to this!

Do you think it is possible to add a custom skin somehow?
The skin from 'The Dryad' fits perfectly!
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94439

1 minute ago, Ironeater said:

has any one tested to see if this still works with DD 5.0?

I have it downloaded but I don't want to risk breaking my current setup now that I am finally back to modding again. The last thing I need right now is messing about with mod compatibility issues :)

8 hours ago, Ironeater said:

can you give a parasite to a follower? like give a hip hugger to Lydia then pick up the potion it drops from her every coupe of days as a income source cuz it sells for like 2k a pop haha

i mean she is sworn to carry my burdens ?

I added the option to harvest parasites safely with the idea to infect NPCs and followers in particular.

I am still working on finishing the story and at the moment, I can't remember if hip huggers are safely harvestable and if they are wired internally to work with followers, but if they are, it should be simply a matter of getting infected yourself, removing it while keeping it alive and giving it to Lydia using the follower trade dialogue.

Once again I am missing my own deadline, but I am making progress! 

Here are some experiments with a multi-stage Queen of Chaurus locked armor.

The 'skin' stage will just be extra nipples with no other effect.

The 'armor' stage will act like an enchanted elven armor.

The 'full body' stage will act like an ebony armor.

The mask is separate from the armor and acts as a gag.

I am also planning extra powers to summon creatures to help you, but that will come later.

The armor pieces will be customizable with meshes from other armors if you want to. 

I have some unique armor pieces in store but they are currently in need to tweaks. I will publish them as a replacement add-on once they are tested and ready.

I still have to tweak a few things and add spells to add/remove the armor pieces (sort of link bound armor), as well as triggers to unlock them.

72850_20201230233717_1.png

72850_20201231120700_1.png

72850_20201231120709_1.png

72850_20201231120718_1.png

72850_20201231120833_1.png

72850_20201231120914_1.png

72850_20201231120923_1.png

16 minutes ago, Ironeater said:

yeah its looking good, I'm using a converted version for SE right now, don't recall where I got it. Will this be getting a same day SE release?

Probably not same day. I still rely on people to do the conversion for me since I am not using SE myself.