SexoutNG fomod ready to fomod

Found it. The fix is to delete the backup load order file (installinfo.xml) that FOMM creates, because NMM edits this file for some idiot reason. Probably just laziness on the part of the developers, since the NMM developers are the same people that created FOMM -- which is why FOMM is no longer updated.

On the up side, FOMM is open source, so anyone else can step in and take over if they want. It's all C# which isn't really my strong suit, and the code is somewhat of a mess as well, or else I'd be just fixing it rather than writing my own from scratch.

Found a little time to work on this again today. Doesn't really "do" anything yet, but the conversation here got me fired up to make some progress.

Game defs are INI driven, so support for new/other games is just a new INI file away, more or less.

Seeing all the oblivion sex mods in your list makes me want to re-install it lmao.

Hah.. :) It's a good testbed for that app, as much as FONV is. I have FO3 installed as well, no mods. The Skyrim CK is installed, but not the game. One of the features this MM is going to have is the ability to tell you if a particular file is vanilla or not, and if a vanilla file has been modified by some other program (or manually).

It won't be able to tell you what did the modification, nor will it be able to correct it, but at least you'll know. The first step to getting that done is using vanilla installs to generate a list of vanilla files and their signatures, so I need vanilla installs.

So I'm using three of the games right now..

FO3 / Skyrim : Testing vanilla file modification/removal with frequent steam cache repairs. I don't play either of these so I can trash them all I like.

Oblivion : Install/uninstall testing, file management. Basically the sandbox for the app.

FONV: 2nd stage testing after it passes in the oblivion dir. I can't "afford" to screw FONV up too much or it delays me working on sexout.

Stupid question but FOMM is just a game specific version of Nexus Mod Manager, right? I've been using NMM as I have more than one game and it doesn't seem to be making any problems thus far. That said, I haven't used many FOMOD files on it.

FOMM is far more than just game-specific NMM. First of all, FOMM came first. Second, FOMM has options that are really useful for modders. Utilities for checking for conflicts, BOSS integration, an FNVEdit link so you can launch it from FOMM, and a whole lot more.

Basically if you make mods you should use FOMM. If you just use mods and play the game, NMM works fine. And if you do both and/or play anything other than Fallout 3/New Vegas (the FO in FOMM stands for Fallout) you can always install both and just be sure to set NMM to ignore your Fallout games when you first install it.

• 2 months later...

Old as hell reply but I'd just like to say that coming first doesn't mean it's more than a game-specific NMM, it just means you've grown to like it more :P . FOMM seems to have bugger all support now whereas NMM is still receiving updates. I can see why modders need FOMM so they have the tools they use but I don't get the stigma attached to NMM.

Old as hell reply but I'd just like to say that coming first doesn't mean it's more than a game-specific NMM' date=' it just means you've grown to like it more :P . FOMM seems to have bugger all support now whereas NMM is still receiving updates. I can see why modders need FOMM so they have the tools they use but I don't get the stigma attached to NMM.

[/quote']

FOMM has "bugger all support" now because the same guys who wrote it also wrote NMM; NMM is the "new version" of FOMM. The support for NMM is just as non-existent, though it is receiving updates, which NMM isn't since they would probably rather have you switch.

The stigma comes from a few places for me. Mostly it's due to the "new" attitude of the developers, and the fact that it's linked in any way to Nexus.