How do i 4k Screenshots?

Cammy

So i watched a video and flew through some forums looking up how to do it but i can't seem to get it to work.

I've changed me Enblocal, Skyrimprefs, and Skyrim.ini. but whenever i take a screenshot in game (using prntscrn) i just get the normal 1920x1080 screenshot in my data. In the video i watched and followed it showed he got both a default res and a 4k res screenshot. Am i doing something wrong here? 

This is the video i watched

Any help is appreciated and thanks.

set your DSR to 4.0 in the nvidia control panel in addition to changing the res in Skyrim and ENB.

interested in seeing more responses to this. My card is more than capable. My monitor is ass though. 

Playing 4K skyrim without an enb is certainly doable by a Titan black or 295/390, playing Skyrim with an ENB quite less so if you expect HDT to work (aka 60 frame minimum)

Use SRWE from nexus. It allows you to rescale the oversized resolution game window to your native monitor resolution (Imagine 8000x4500 on 1920x1080). Use your ENB assigned key instead of Steam/fraps etc.

This one was shot as 1920W x 2780H on my 1920x1080 monitor.

22274826341_26731e31b9_o.jpg

Going larger (4K) is not a problem as long as you don't mind the FPS hit.

SRWE guide and link: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/articles/49/?

Use SRWE from nexus. It allows you to rescale the oversized resolution game window to your native monitor resolution (Imagine 8000x4500 on 1920x1080). Use your ENB assigned key instead of Steam/fraps etc.

Thank you! With SRWE and this guide i got it to work thanks!

Yay!!. Glad my poorly written guide works as well. Keep me up to date with your shots if you don't mind.

-snip-

Yay!!. Glad my poorly written guide works as well. Keep me up to date with your shots if you don't mind.

If someone is interested...I would really like to see a comparison of multiple resolutions  :D

I quickly used Mad Max (2014) to show the differences because of its' awesome hotsampling (changing res. on the go).

Attached is a zipped folder containing the same scene taken in 2:1 ratio with 1K (1024*512), 2K, 3K (fucked up the framing slightly here, sorry), 4K and 8K.

Also a comparison of everything downscaled to 1K to show that some of the details from the larger res are still somewhat retained on when downscaled compared to the original 1K. It's all about the pixel count, more pixels equal more anti aliasing (less jagged edges) and more details.... but more resource hungry as well obviously.

Note that the mesh shape is still the same on any scale (quite low poly in this game... and skyrim TBH). My advice is do not go for the (Highest)K for the sake of it. Be sensible because the larger you go, the more obvious the ugly-ass low poly mesh is. Something is just not worth the FPS hit.

All Screens.zip

• 2 years later...

I have a GTX 970 from NVIDIA with 2x DSR and a 1920x1080 monitor. And I use the Snapdragon Prime ENB. Do you guys think my PC will explode if I take screenshots bigger than 3840x2160? That res already hit my fps pretty hard without DSR and I don't want to send my graphics card into oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I didn't realize people were having such difficulty in producing 4k screenshots I do them all the time here are the steps that I do...

#1.  GO in game with 1920X1080 and set up my scene/character  "save"

#2.  Exit game go into the steam launcher and change the resolution to a 4k resolution.

#3.  Set my PC resolution to a 4k resolution.

Use a ENB loader and switch to Snapdragon enb.

Go in game "load"  

game should now be in 4k  take screenshots.

Reverse actions to have game playable again I use Rudy enb for gameplay and Snapdragon for screenshots.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:24 PM, tejano2828 said:

Hmm I didn't realize people were having such difficulty in producing 4k screenshots I do them all the time here are the steps that I do...

#1.  GO in game with 1920X1080 and set up my scene/character  "save"

#2.  Exit game go into the steam launcher and change the resolution to a 4k resolution.

#3.  Set my PC resolution to a 4k resolution.

Use a ENB loader and switch to Snapdragon enb.

Go in game "load"  

game should now be in 4k  take screenshots.

Reverse actions to have game playable again I use Rudy enb for gameplay and Snapdragon for screenshots.

Are my specs good enough for 4k screenshots? GTX 970 from NVIDIA

17 hours ago, ARC117 said:

Are my specs good enough for 4k screenshots? GTX 970 from NVIDIA

It's good enough if that's "all" your doing.  In other words setup your screenshot in 1920X1080....=save

Load up your scene in 4k...you won't be anywhere near 60fps but if your just taking screenshots your fine.  Can't play like that tho, and your graphic cards will be fine it has failsafes.  Get MSI afterburner and crank up those fans to 100% at high temps and that will help.  I wouldn't try to run 4k on your graphic card without manipulating the fan speed.  It also depends on how many graphical mods you have installed hence the more memory you will be using.  Try it is all I can say see if it works.  BTW how you want to run 4k if your monitor is 1920X1080?  

Archived