Combining Meshes in Nifscope, not all pieces appear in-game

Nephenee13

Ok so I'm taking a mod that is standalone and has various outfit pieces (top, skirt, panties, arms etc) and I want to combine them together to use as a replacer for a vanilla outfit.

If this was Oblivion I'd do it the correct way, in Blender and with a fresh export. But since this is Skyrim, I'm doing it the hacky way.

So I take the NIF file that has the body mesh (the bra). I then open up the NIF with the panties, Copy Branch and then Paste the branch into the NIF with the body. Shows up Fine. I change the name to be what it was in the original NIF file.

I do the same for some arm and skirt pieces.

Save, load it up in game. The bra and panties show up fine, the arm and skirt pieces do not. As far as I can tell all the settings are the same between the original NIF files and in the one I copied to. And the individual pieces show up just fine in game.

Am I missing something obvious? I can provide images later today if necessary.

You can edit/add/remove partitions and assign them different slots in Outfit Studio now as well.

Might be easier in some cases. Of course in some cases you might also have to edit the plugin of the mod.

Trying to replace the vanilla Dwarven armor, but I can handle that easily enough once I narrow down the problems

Ok so I remade it and in outfit studio I set everything to use the body partition except for the leg armor, which I marked as the Calf partition.

This is what I have in Outfit Studio/Nifskope:

LpqKAPvm.png

And here's what I get in game:

4R4t94Qm.jpg

I don't understand why the harness, shoulder and skirt armor disappears.

Edit: Ok nevermind, I figured it out. Some of the partitiion changes in Outfit Studio didn't take, and once I finally figured out where in NifScope they were hidden I fixed it.

But thanks for the help guys!

Archived