Not sure when this bug started.

D_ManXX2

But my pipboy gloves disspeared and pip boy is invsible when i try to look into it. i have tried googling a fix for this bug but so far have been unsuccfull to fix it what i would like to know is how this bug is even possible and how to prvent it from happening. Right now the only to fix it is use console command like player.inv and then use player.equipitem and the id for the pipboy. but even with this my pip gloves is not there i can still use the pipboy but this so annoying.

Right now i am trying all sort of measure like disabling all mods but once this bug occured there is no way to fix it the right way pipboy gloves are gone forever.

The wiki says it is caused by power armor yes right, this happens to me even after first leaving the vault 111 witch means i have not even gotten to the part where i tried wearing the power armor in the first place.

Are you adding and equipping the right item? IIRC there are two copies of the pipboy, one of them is playable and the other is somehow broken. I've had the pipboy (and glove) be just fine, save the game and exit, and when I go back in it has disappeared from my inventory, trying to re-add it does the same thing again. Turns out I was adding the wrong item.

If you've got a copy in your inventory that keeps unequipping itself, that'd be my guess - the wrong one got added somehow.

Are you adding and equipping the right item? IIRC there are two copies of the pipboy, one of them is playable and the other is somehow broken. I've had the pipboy (and glove) be just fine, save the game and exit, and when I go back in it has disappeared from my inventory, trying to re-add it does the same thing again. Turns out I was adding the wrong item.

If you've got a copy in your inventory that keeps unequipping itself, that'd be my guess - the wrong one got added somehow.

I will see if that is the case but happens right after leaving vault 111 when in the vault it is still showing and working properly. Right now i am trying to determine if not some mod is causing this bug because it does not happen when all mods are deactivated.

Are you adding and equipping the right item? 

I would certainly hope so if you use player.inv i can still see pipboy and it's base id so it is there it is just not visible. Allot of people seem to be having this problem but some of them are not even using mods when this occurs it is also on Xbox one ps4 etc.. So it could be bigger bug then just for pc alone.

I think i just had to kill all mods for now looks like it is only vanilla game for me till geck comes out i won't trust any more mods till then.

I've been considering doing the same thing. I just tried starting up today after a week or so, only to find out that it updated in the meantime and I didn't notice. Wouldn't be a problem, but the current version of f4se is outdated and won't run.

I *think* I can run it without f4se and all that will happen is the Looksmenu mod will throw an error though... that's the only mod I've got, or actually the only one that exists, that uses f4se I believe.

Archived