'Silky' Body Mods v2.4 [Final Version] [Texture Improved][Mai small fix]

kayakff

Okay. Thanks for the information. I guess one does apply skin color and texture in Blender as well.

I agree that skin is a particularly difficult thing to do well.

I've only seen one or two high res skin textures in the time I've been interested in the modding community.

Yes, there must be some expert in this field, before that we can only use the 1024 texture.

it is also possible that we simply expand the texture, I tried but it does not look fine.

From experience, increasing texture from 1024x1024 to 2048 have some inconvenient.

First depending of the texture software you'll use, it can decrease the quality by increasing the size (I'm almost sure Photoshop do it perfectly but I don't have it) so you'll not have gain to do it except with pro software but a real 2048 is better.

Second, the game don't allow 2048x2048 size, if you do, the model will have infinite loading.

But it allow 2048x1024.

A 1024 resolution can stay good on a high poly model anyway, doing higher res is a bonus.

You made a lot of great improvement, thank you for sharing your hard work with us, you deserve a golden cookie ;)

From experience, increasing texture from 1024x1024 to 2048 have some inconvenient.

First depending of the texture software you'll use, it can decrease the quality by increasing the size (I'm almost sure Photoshop do it perfectly but I don't have it) so you'll not have gain to do it except with pro software but a real 2048 is better.

Second, the game don't allow 2048x2048 size, if you do, the model will have infinite loading.

But it allow 2048x1024.

A 1024 resolution can stay good on a high poly model anyway, doing higher res is a bonus.

You made a lot of great improvement, thank you for sharing your hard work with us, you deserve a golden cookie ;)

oh, that's why I cannot get the game run...

Even if we expend it to 2048x1024, we have to replace the UV1 map, that is also a big deal, but the iprovement is not too much. I do it with photoshop, but it does not look smooth at all.. it must be repaint, otherwise it is just some 2x2 pixels.

Thanks! glad you like it. after I finish them all, I've been playing happily for some time ;)

Yes unfortunately textures have limit size or imagine what we could do with 4K..!

At least the original body textures isn't bad at all, maybe you can found some higher res from XPS models but I'm afraid it will be 2048x2048 and possible different UV Map.

So the chocie is your but I think it don't worth the time to edit and replace textures / UV, I see that as a bonus only.

I though Photoshop can increase the size without losing quality then I'm wrong but I'm almost sure there are a software that do it good I was searching for that in past already and I saw one who can make perfect resize but can't remember the name, I just remember it's not a free software.

I may be wrong here as I don't work with blender but looking at the body textures for this mod and comparing them to Harry Palmer and Holden McClure's mods, it looks as your model, kayakff, doesn't have separate nipples. The color is painted right on the skin texture instead of on a separate square like the others have done.

That means that there is no "shape" to the aurolas. There's no shading to enhance them.

Was this done to avoid the UV map problems encountered on other mods?

Yes unfortunately textures have limit size or imagine what we could do with 4K..!

At least the original body textures isn't bad at all, maybe you can found some higher res from XPS models but I'm afraid it will be 2048x2048 and possible different UV Map.

So the chocie is your but I think it don't worth the time to edit and replace textures / UV, I see that as a bonus only.

I though Photoshop can increase the size without losing quality then I'm wrong but I'm almost sure there are a software that do it good I was searching for that in past already and I saw one who can make perfect resize but can't remember the name, I just remember it's not a free software.

Yes, everyone can see that there is a need in better texture, but it is just a too big job.

photoshop will sure do some 'gaussian' or 'fit' I don't know, but the information contained in resolution cannot be higher than the original, that's how the universe works...... :s

anyway most important works are done.  :D

I may be wrong here as I don't work with blender but looking at the body textures for this mod and comparing them to Harry Palmer and Holden McClure's mods, it looks as your model, kayakff, doesn't have separate nipples. The color is painted right on the skin texture instead of on a separate square like the others have done.

That means that there is no "shape" to the aurolas. There's no shading to enhance them.

Was this done to avoid the UV map problems encountered on other mods?

the UV is not the main problem, the main problem is that if they are there, it will look very funny when I apply a full-body sub-division.

I also tried to keep it there by seperate them from the body. but when I apply subdivition, the inner shape also look funny. even I keep the shape, it is very hard to weld it back to the body again. so that I did not keep it any more.

Okay, I understand.

I checked Momiji.

See capture.

Neck problem's still present.

Don't know how to deal with that without using Blender, which I don't know how to use.

Oh yes you are right. now I know that there is a difference of body. I have to go and repair it. 

Okay, I understand.

I checked Momiji.

See capture.

Neck problem's still present.

Don't know how to deal with that without using Blender, which I don't know how to use.

when I really look into it, I found that this is an official problem in all DLCs of momiji. I will correct it ‘soon’ (I hope)

Now it is corrected. It is all because of my love for momiji. I will not do such thing again  ;)

Just downloaded the Nice high heels mods but is it possible to make the feet a little but higher? For some meshes like Nyo and Christie?

Sorry just seen this one.

In fact I would prefer it goes 0.5cm lower. It is really hard to balance 'beautiful' and 'realistic', because of the poor modeling around feet..... 

Awesome mods thanks for you work????

Thank you! When I finish, I realize that it is quite a unique mod..

Archived