Help with Porting Skyrim Armors to FO4

Rdawgx

Hi guys,

So i've been trying to get some skyrim armors to convert into Fallout but I've been running into some problems:

1. I've managed to get my outfits to create in Outfit Studio and build them in Bodyslide. (not a problem)

2. However, Whenever I open them up in NIFSkope I get a warning saying that my outfit will not be 100% accurate.  This is fine and all except that 0% of my outfit is the same (there's nothing there except the CBBE body).

3. Also, when I try to set up the character model in the CK I keep getting a big red "!" instead of a NIF.  Every other NIF I use (different armors) work but the one I've made doesn't work.  

4.  Lastly, i'm not really sure how to do materials... I've done what people have said online and used material editor but I don't know how to get them to bind to the NIFs.  I don't even know if that's what is supposed to happen!

Anyways, it would be great if someone could help me out!

Sounds like you're missing a lot of steps, the most important one being exporting the Skyrim NIF to OBJ files and importing it into the FO4 Outfit Studio.

You can't use Skyrim NIFs in FO4 without completely remaking them from scratch.

There should be a tutorial on YouTube that ports an outfit from FO3 to FO4, the same should apply for Skyrim.

Ok, so my NIF no longer gets errors when I open it in NIFSkope.  I did what you said with the OBJ files and exported it as a NIF.  However, in the CK I'm still getting the big red "!" and no meshes on my outfit.  I can also load my game with the esp enabled but the parts of my body where the armor would be are invisible.

edit: I've got the mesh working sort of...  My mesh appears in game now but it doesn't move with my character.  Is that because I need to apply weights or something?  I don't know how to do that.  Also, I can't seem to figure out how to make my materials/textures match up with the outfit.

edit again: So I've got my weights working and the mesh moves with my character.  Now the only problem is figuring out how to use materials and textures together.  Every time the mesh is purple even though I have texture files and materials files in the appropriate folders.  I guess I just don't know how to link them up.

Ok so I got it all working.  I just needed to use NIFSkope to point where the materials were.  I did it by switching the BSLightingShaderProperty of each piece of armor to the appropriate material file and it worked.

Archived