Mods to compliment a slave roleplay playthrough

Hey there everyone.

I wondered whether I should ask this here or at the non-adult section, but since my question is directly related to the the Sexlab mods, I decided to throw it in here. So, here's the question: Could you help me compile some mods that would complement a slave-on-the-run type roleplaying play-through?

Here's a bit of a context: I have played Skyrim a lot. Like, absolutely silly amounts, both without and with LoversLab mods. I would say I am something of a veteran. However, with that comes a bit of a problem: I know all the exploits, all the tricks, all the ways to break the game... and thus the game kind of lost its edge difficulty-wise. However, for a while I wanted to do a proper slave-playthrough, where my character would be a runaway who would need to live by the skin of her teeth every day, having to resort to stealing, serving and possibly even whoring herself out for food and shelter, only to slowly claw herself out of poverty and stand on her own... which is hard when after only a couple of hours I am already swimming in gold and can kill dragons with ease. I believe I might not be the only one suffering from this issue, though not necessarily under the same circumstances.

So, here's what I am looking for:

-Difficulty-mods: I have played Vanilla, SkyRe and PerMa. The latter two, while do tweak the difficulty, generally make the game more balanced and varied rather than difficult. Either way, it is not hard to exploit the basic mechanics and trivialize combat even on the highest difficulties. As such I am looking for a combat mod that would make things much more dangerous, to the point where I might not even want to chance combat, or have to fight tactically instead of using some kind of cheap exploit. I freely admit that I have recently finished the Dark Souls series, so my bar for punishingly hard and visceral combat is set pretty high, but I still hope you can surprise me.

-Gold sinks: Gold tends to flow really thick in Skyrim, and I have already used some mods like Trade & Barter to balance things a little, but it's just a surface solution, treating the symptom instead of the actual problem. The belt-removals by the Master in Captured Dreams seemed to work for me for a while, but that had its own problems (mostly due to the whole "submissive" mechanic getting in the way). Is there any lore/immersion friendly gold-sink mods out there that can help with this issue?

-Character management: This would be some kind of amalgamation of the survival mods out there, though as far as I looked none of them fit my bill perfectly. I would love it if there was a mod that would have me actually take care of my character, and I mean properly take care of her needs. This one could tie into the gold sink one, by requiring proper shelter and food, treatment of diseases and other similar things, all of which could be tied to expenses to keep her budget in check.

As you might guess, I have already looked around here and the Nexus, and while there are a couple of mods out there I already tried (Frostfall, mods for needs and diseases, Trade & Barter, etc.), I am curious if you guys might know some lesser-known mods that would fit my vision of a game playing a struggling escaped slavegirl being forced by an unfair world to do whatever it takes to survive.

Thanks in advance.

Here are a few mods that I use to try and make life difficult:

Contraband - Nexus mod 75425. This makes it illegal to loot various places and also removes the ability to loot corpses.

Don't Steal My Crops - Nexus mod 28452. This makes picking farmer's crops a crime.

Immersive Loot and Cells - Nexus mod 24399. This makes items much rarer

Naked Dungeons - LL - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60016-naked-dungeons/ - this can strip your character of all their possessions on entering a variety of locations - very nasty!

No GPS in Skyrim - Nexus mod 37062. Removes GPS marker for player so making navigation a lot more difficult.

Realistic Needs & Diseases - Nexus mod 26228. Not only does your character need to eat & sleep but a lot of resources are removed from barrels, etc.

Scarcity - Nexus mod 49496. Just like the title suggests makes things more scarce.

Skyrim Scaling Stopper - Nexus mod (don't have ID). Bad guys don't level with you.

The Secret of Steel - Nexus mod 14175. Removes most of the 'fantasy' armour from levelled lists. Leaves only leather, hide, iron & steel.

Training Options - Nexus mod 56457. Can be set up so that your character needs to be actually trained to use weapons.

Weapons & Armor Attributes - Nexus mod 68849. You need to have the right skills to use armour & weapons. For example at low levels a greatsword will only have a hit factor of 2!

Whiterun Hold Forest - Nexus mod 67063. Covers most of the centre of the map with a forest. With no GPS makes travelling very difficult, no matter how much you know Skyrim!

YASH - Nexus mod 32562. A modular sort of mod which can make your character really, really weak. As an example - vanilla skyrim my low level character can punch a wolf to death, with YASH it's difficult to even kill a skeever with a sword!

I've also made my own mod to strip all corpses of weapons & armour.

If you want a really hard time try Pet Collar - once fitted your character can't wear clothes. I've a modded version which prevents the use of any vendor items (clothes, armour & weapons!).

Hope these are of some use.

Here are a few mods that I use to try and make life difficult:

Contraband - Nexus mod 75425. This makes it illegal to loot various places and also removes the ability to loot corpses.

Don't Steal My Crops - Nexus mod 28452. This makes picking farmer's crops a crime.

Immersive Loot and Cells - Nexus mod 24399. This makes items much rarer

Naked Dungeons - LL - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60016-naked-dungeons/ - this can strip your character of all their possessions on entering a variety of locations - very nasty!

No GPS in Skyrim - Nexus mod 37062. Removes GPS marker for player so making navigation a lot more difficult.

Realistic Needs & Diseases - Nexus mod 26228. Not only does your character need to eat & sleep but a lot of resources are removed from barrels, etc.

Scarcity - Nexus mod 49496. Just like the title suggests makes things more scarce.

Skyrim Scaling Stopper - Nexus mod (don't have ID). Bad guys don't level with you.

The Secret of Steel - Nexus mod 14175. Removes most of the 'fantasy' armour from levelled lists. Leaves only leather, hide, iron & steel.

Training Options - Nexus mod 56457. Can be set up so that your character needs to be actually trained to use weapons.

Weapons & Armor Attributes - Nexus mod 68849. You need to have the right skills to use armour & weapons. For example at low levels a greatsword will only have a hit factor of 2!

Whiterun Hold Forest - Nexus mod 67063. Covers most of the centre of the map with a forest. With no GPS makes travelling very difficult, no matter how much you know Skyrim!

YASH - Nexus mod 32562. A modular sort of mod which can make your character really, really weak. As an example - vanilla skyrim my low level character can punch a wolf to death, with YASH it's difficult to even kill a skeever with a sword!

I've also made my own mod to strip all corpses of weapons & armour.

If you want a really hard time try Pet Collar - once fitted your character can't wear clothes. I've a modded version which prevents the use of any vendor items (clothes, armour & weapons!).

Hope these are of some use.

Thanks, I will check out a few of those. The Secret of Steel, Contraband Training Options look really good. I already used Scarcity before, but it only delayed the gold-torrent, didn't stop it. I will see if combining these would net me the gameplay I am looking for.

On the other hand, I am still looking for a good combat revamp/overhaul mod. I was looking into Requiem, but I heard mixed opinions about that one. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, something new I found out after some digging: Apparently a really easy way to introduce gold-sinks into the game is by using the Uncapper and setting natural skill-gains to slow to a crawl very early on (or don't increase at all) and thus making all leveling dependent on trainers instead. I think that should work beautifully for me.

YASH has a combat overhaul and Weapons & Armor Attributes really scales down the effectiveness of weapons and armour that the player is not familiar with. It also stops swapping armour during combat.

Training Options also can be used to slow down skils gain - there's also Tabula Rasa (again on Nexus) which starts your character out with zero skills in everything and also slows skills gain. I didn't include that as YASH does much the same.

The good thing about training options is that individual skills can be set - perhaps good speech skills but poor weapon skills?

Hope you enjoy your playthrough!

Not sure if it's really helpful, since you consider yourself a veteran you probably already know them,  and those aren't (only) meant to make it more difficult, but especially in combination, they will. Depending on config, a LOT:

1. Slaverun Reloaded would fit into your slave playthrough, it doesn't make the game really more difficult except that you can't wear any weapons or clothes in town, will be stripped of both if you do, have to pay some gold regularly and will have lots of sex. And it has a very long and intresting story.

2. Cursed Loot. if you don't know it, well... playing with default values will make it harder than you like it, i guess :D You might want to activate sex attacks, but be aware that those might break some scenes if you're unlucky, better don't use it when questing. Not that much need for that in enslaved cities anyways.

If you're too rich, play a bit with some values like paying 5k*lvl to get free of some hardcore devices instead of 200*lvl, and increase chances to get locked in them.

3. Wear&tear will add debuffs depending on your "used" state, i'm using the one from Apropos. There is another one, but i never tried that.

4. Devious Attributes will add further debuffs, didn't use it since some time, though, and don't remember details.

5. Defeat&DA won't make your game explicit harder, but if you lose your gold&gear instead of reloading, it'll help to avoid getting rich, and they can lead to

6. SD+ might fit into the whole slavery thing.

If you're still not satisfied i.e. don't get fucked enough to have bad debuffs: Create some random rules to get raped by anyonething with

7. Scent of Sex.

8. Skooma whore adds some more debuffs, again. Might fit into that ppor slavething. If you have too much gold, that might fix it since to actually buy enough drugs to give in your addiction is imho even in lategame ridiculous expensive.

Last: I assume it also depends at least a bit on your roleplaying. Like knowing that curing your addiction and endure the debuffs from Skooma whore is still the better choice than buying drugs, but buying them anyways because your character is addicted.

You as a player know all those little dirty tricks, but for me the game becomes much more intresting if i consider that my character probably doesn't. And so she often does "stupid" things and gets into trouble. 

Not sure if it's really helpful, since you consider yourself a veteran you probably already know them,  and those aren't (only) meant to make it more difficult, but especially in combination, they will. Depending on config, a LOT:

1. Slaverun Reloaded would fit into your slave playthrough, it doesn't make the game really more difficult except that you can't wear any weapons or clothes in town, will be stripped of both if you do, have to pay some gold regularly and will have lots of sex. And it has a very long and intresting story.

2. Cursed Loot. if you don't know it, well... playing with default values will make it harder than you like it, i guess :D You might want to activate sex attacks, but be aware that those might break some scenes if you're unlucky, better don't use it when questing. Not that much need for that in enslaved cities anyways.

If you're too rich, play a bit with some values like paying 5k*lvl to get free of some hardcore devices instead of 200*lvl, and increase chances to get locked in them.

3. Wear&tear will add debuffs depending on your "used" state, i'm using the one from Apropos. There is another one, but i never tried that.

4. Devious Attributes will add further debuffs, didn't use it since some time, though, and don't remember details.

5. Defeat&DA won't make your game explicit harder, but if you lose your gold&gear instead of reloading, it'll help to avoid getting rich, and they can lead to

If you're still not satisfied i.e. don't get fucked enough to have bad debuffs: Create some random rules to get raped by anyonething with

7. Scent of Sex.

8. Skooma whore adds some more debuffs, again. Might fit into that ppor slavething. If you have too much gold, that might fix it since to actually buy enough drugs to give in your addiction is imho even in lategame ridiculous expensive.

Last: I assume it also depends at least a bit on your roleplaying. Like knowing that curing your addiction and endure the debuffs from Skooma whore is still the better choice than buying drugs, but buying them anyways because your character is addicted.

You as a player know all those little dirty tricks, but for me the game becomes much more intresting if i consider that my character probably doesn't. And so she often does "stupid" things and gets into trouble. 

Thanks for the recommendations, but I have already tried most of those and they don't really fit into my game. I don't really like random rapes and whatnot because they are immersion-breaking. Defeat (the LL mod) is okay, since there the combat rape makes sense and it has consequences, but I don't find the PC being badgered by random passers by particularly immersive or entertaining.

The ideal roleplay that I am looking to achieve would be a hard, painful but ultimately positive story where the PC has to go through a lot of hardship and overcome her situation gradually, slowly crawling out of powerlessness in the process. That kind of thing doesn't work with vanilla Skyrim, but the overly restrictive slave-mods that completely change the rules in a non-immersive manner don't do it either. That's why I am not really looking for one mod, but various small, lesser-known mods that I could jigsaw together to get as close to what I want as I possibly can.

Right now I am trying to tweak then newly released Captured Dreams and the Loansharks mod in order to have my PC in serious dept that would force her hand, and then build my playthrough around said debt. I haven't done any modding myself since Morrowind, so I am pretty rusty, but I don't seem to have much choice in the matter. Wish me luck.

7. Scent of Sex.

Thanks for the recommendations, but I have already tried most of those and they don't really fit into my game. I don't really like random rapes and whatnot because they are immersion-breaking. Defeat (the LL mod) is okay, since there the combat rape makes sense and it has consequences, but I don't find the PC being badgered by random passers by particularly immersive or entertaining.

The ideal roleplay that I am looking to achieve would be a hard, painful but ultimately positive story where the PC has to go through a lot of hardship and overcome her situation gradually, slowly crawling out of powerlessness in the process. That kind of thing doesn't work with vanilla Skyrim, but the overly restrictive slave-mods that completely change the rules in a non-immersive manner don't do it either. That's why I am not really looking for one mod, but various small, lesser-known mods that I could jigsaw together to get as close to what I want as I possibly can.

Right now I am trying to tweak then newly released Captured Dreams and the Loansharks mod in order to have my PC in serious dept that would force her hand, and then build my playthrough around said debt. I haven't done any modding myself since Morrowind, so I am pretty rusty, but I don't seem to have much choice in the matter. Wish me luck.

Well, at least Slaverun Reloaded is quite immersive imho with a quest to establish slavery in one city after another, to get fucked randomly after slavery became legal and you're enslaved and trained as a sexslave for pretty much exact this reason: serve any man who wants you. And then, the options from Cursed loot fit there pretty good, except the "pubic sex is a crime" thing. And in cursed loot pretty much everything can be disabled or reduced.

Btw, the quest to end slavery can be finished now in slaverun, so i still think it would fit into your game, and random fucks can be disabled (or set the scan to something like 2 minutes real time, should be enough for most but not all visits) if those annoy you too much. But it's up to you of course. If that's one of the mods you didn't try yet, be careful to use the new slaverun reloaded instead of only slaverun, and that it has to become worse before it gets better. And that it's really huge... to do all quests to end slavery will cost you at least something like 20+ hours, didn't finish it myself yet. 

Not all, but most punishments including sex depend on your actions/answers and can be avoided. Or provoked, of course.

But it's up to you. :)

I've tried to do something very similar.

Here are some of the things I found worked for me:

Cursed Loot: This is Ace. Having to complete dungeons before you end up tied up and helpless makes things considerably more 'interesting'. Do you really want to loot that possibly cursed chest? You will probably have to spend a little while tweaking the settings to get a config that works for you - but it's so massively customiseable that I can assure you there probably will be a setup that works for you! Don't forget you will probably have to pay the blacksmith to free you, which not only gives you a money sink - it gives you a high priority one!

Skooma Whore: The addiction will rapidly become one more problem to manage. At lower levels, it's an intersting catch 22 - Do you fight whilst in withdrawal, or do you feed the addiction? As you get more addicted, not only do the withdrawal penalties start adding up, but guards start threatening to throw you out of town, innkeepers need paying before they let you through the door - and I think there are significant barter debuffs as well. Use in combination with Cursed Loot as that introduces a method (traps & rape) through which you can get drugged, thereby forcing the addiction problems.

DA/Defeat: This means that losing a fight is no longer 're-load, try again'. You have to suck up the consquences for losing. Bandits took all your stuff? Tough. Bandits gang raped you, drugged you and sold you into slavery? Tough. Because losing is no longer game over, it also allows you to up the difficulty slider a bit to make losing more likely.

Wear And Tear: Apropos is ace, but I didn't find the wear and tear mechanism very aggressive. This is more configurable, so you can set it so that even a single rape sequence will leave you sore and bleeding. Ie: the above gang rape by bandits will fuck you up for days and going back to town covered in devious devious devices and vulnerable to attack becomes a much more risky proposition.

No crafting: This is more of an RP thing than a mod, but I found the thing that broke the difficulty curve the most was the ability to make massively enchanted post legendary equipment. So don't. Want a potion? Buy it. Want a magical item with a specific effect? Go find one. Want to sharpen that shiny new sword? Tough. Go get a better sword instead. Money? Yeah, you gonna have to quest for that - no making items and selling them any more either.

...that's the core of it.

Others that seemed quite fun:

Maria Eden: This has the best prositution implementation I found. With the above mods, the chance of your character being reduced to selling themselves in order to buy drugs / escape devious devices is non zero! Shame about the wear & tear effects...

Prison Overhaul: I struggled to get this working properly, but the concept is: The punishment for getting raped in the street because you are tied up and helpless is...getting raped by the guards you say? Oh dear. That's going to leave you Worn and with a bit more of a skooma habit... I dare say it may be possible to end up in the position where it's difficult to return to town and resupply/sleep at all...

Captured Dreams: Bonus kinky adventures. Lots of fun, but possibly best done as a seperate playthough.

Sanguines Debauchery: Again, I think this one is best as a seperate playthough. I never managed to escape the slavery before getting fed up and reloading an earlier save - which, for something that is possibly happening to you repeatedly isn't ideal. I never really managed to get any of the storylines going either.

Get Stripped!: Seems like a lot of fun, but another one I never got working. I think it was an animation problem. No reason you can't add this to the main playthough tho - it seems to work best as a 'side plot'.

More devious quests: Adds several methods for NPCs to insult your character. Worth considering for the 'fame' system, which again has the fun side effect of punishing your character for getting devious devices etc.

I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch of them as well!

Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SexLab Skooma Whore 1.0     

Private Needs- v2.11 w/o hygiene

Skooma Whore: Addicted

SexLab STDs v1.3a

Radiant Prostitution v2.11 w/o hygiene

BeeingFemale

Gold adjustment by kuertee

You Hunger by evrymetul

Deadly Diseases by PhazonBlaxor

Drink Eat Sleep Bathe by Ryan B

Realistic Gold Weight by newjoker6

These are some of the things I use to suck up gold. I usually start my games using Skyrim Unbound, and give PC nothing except the clothes on her back.

Set Radiant Prostitution very low so that waiting tables is only marginally less profitable than whoring, and because eating and drinking is a real concern, PC generally ends up doing the latter.

Set Gold adjustment to lowest settings and make only smidgen of what you usually make. Bounties are practically worthless save for the weapons and armor. Use Trade and Barter to make them unaffordable for you to buy and not worth selling. Stealing becomes almost unavoidable.

Vinis Crime Gold - More Expensive Bounty or some such other mod will make getting caught much worse.

Any way, there are some of the gold sinks I use while I try to avoid slavers and bandits and those pesky NPS who think my PC is fair game for fun and profit.

SexLab Skooma Whore 1.0     

Skooma Whore: Addicted

SexLab STDs v1.3a

BeeingFemale

Highly recommend these as well, they work nicely together to make sure that when things start going downhill they go downhill fast. STDs in particular will render your character almost useless once enough get piled on.

Archived