Rubber Nuns & Nurses, Shiny 'Vanilla' Clothes

View File

The Duder's

Rubber Nuns, Rubber Nurses

and other Shiny Vanilla Clothing Retextures

This is a pretty simple pack of various vanilla Skyrim clothing, retextured with custom textures (and some game-default ones) to achieve a glossy, well-oiled, rubbery look.

This does not edit or overwrite any vanilla Skyrim components. It does not touch any cells, NPCs, whatever. It just adds a bunch of new items for you to play with. Uses performance-friendly small textures.

The following items are included, each in four colors (white, black, pink, red):

Small and Large Cowls, each in a version for the hair slot and the circlet slot (so you can wear it either as headgear or on top of other headgear like a gasmask from certain other mods).

Overlays textures for Scrivener's Helmet Overlays mod are included.

Gloves with longer and shorter shafts.

Rubber Robes.

Rubber Dresses.

A Rubber Nurse Uniform.

Rubber Nun Robes for all Nine Divines.

All items have rubbery ground models for when you drop them from your inventory.
Crafting Recipes for all items are included too. Ebonite Solution from Devious Devices is required to craft.

Install the update from October 14 to get a spawnable chest with all the rubber gear inside. Just drop the new .esp into your load order, overwriting the one from the main download of version 001. Type "help nuns 4" into the console to get the ID of the container and then spawn it by entering "player.placeatme [iD]".

Alternatively, you can use the console or the AddItemMenu mod to get the stuff from this mod into your character's inventory or craft them if you have the required stuff.

Bodyslide Sliders for UUNP are available in a seperate download. This slider set has been kindly provided by Arthacs -- thank you very much!

An optional .esp file without Crafting Recipes and without dependency to Devious Devices is also available. The main download must be installed if you want to use this .esp. Use only one of the two .esp's, the "_no-DD" one or the main one.

(The catsuit, gasmask, and the high heeled boots from the screenshots are NOT part of this mod! Only used to illustrate how the look together with the retextures from this mod.)

Please feel free to include the items in your own mods. Please don't repost on other sites!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/24/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    base game only / optional version with Devious Devices dependency
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like the clothes.

Are there any requirements for this mod? The texture models for these clothing items are pixilated and scrambled. And if I try to equipt anything my game just closes.

The mod requires Devious Devices and prerequisites, though that is only for the crafting recipes.

The clothing on its own should work in vanilla Skyrim (if you were to port it into another .esp, for instance.), all the textures are either included in the mod or of vanilla Skyrim origin. At least that's how I think I set it all up... is anybody else getting a bugged display of the clothes in their Skyrim installation?

Are there any requirements for this mod? The texture models for these clothing items are pixilated and scrambled. And if I try to equipt anything my game just closes.

The mod requires Devious Devices and prerequisites, though that is only for the crafting recipes.

The clothing on its own should work in vanilla Skyrim (if you were to port it into another .esp, for instance.), all the textures are either included in the mod or of vanilla Skyrim origin. At least that's how I think I set it all up... is anybody else getting a bugged display of the clothes in their Skyrim installation?

I uninstalled all mods and tried to go with just this one and it completely crashes my game. I can't even get to the start menu.

I uninstalled everything again and went with just the devious assests, integration, and expansion and this mod and am finally able to wear the items but the textures are not right. I have a screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/mQFNp75.jpg

I uninstalled all mods and tried to go with just this one and it completely crashes my game. I can't even get to the start menu.

I uninstalled everything again and went with just the devious assests, integration, and expansion and this mod and am finally able to wear the items but the textures are not right. I have a screenshot.

The first crash is logical, Skyrim won't load if any mod's dependencies aren't loaded as well (Devious Devices, in this case).

The issue shown in your screenshot though -- I'm sorry to say, but I absolutely cannot explain what's going on there. Looks like the textures or their rendering is all broken. But why? I have no idea. I suppose all other rubber/shiny gear (DCL catsuits etc.) looks like it's supposed to in your game?

Can you check that all files are present in their correct locations? You should have:

37 meshes (*.nif) in Skyrim\Data\meshes\duderino_LL\default-retexes\

and 15 textures (*.dds) in Skyrim\Data\textures\duderino_LL\default-retex\

The first crash is logical, Skyrim won't load if any mod's dependencies aren't loaded as well (Devious Devices, in this case).

The issue shown in your screenshot though -- I'm sorry to say, but I absolutely cannot explain what's going on there. Looks like the textures or their rendering is all broken. But why? I have no idea. I suppose all other rubber/shiny gear (DCL catsuits etc.) looks like it's supposed to in your game?

Can you check that all files are present in their correct locations? You should have:

37 meshes (*.nif) in Skyrim\Data\meshes\duderino_LL\default-retexes\

and 15 textures (*.dds) in Skyrim\Data\textures\duderino_LL\default-retex\

I have 37 meshes (.nif) files in that folder location and 15 textures (.dds) in that other file location.

In Deviously Cursed Loot none of the other latex gear is the correct color, it is all this shiny colorless grey color but not pixilated and broken like the gear is here.

I had hoped that uninstalling all of my mods, deleting skyrim, reinstalling skyrim, and then putting just a few mods back in would help but so far it isn't. I still haven't loaded all the mods I had previously, I'd really like to get this one figured out before I keep going.

I have 37 meshes (.nif) files in that folder location and 15 textures (.dds) in that other file location.

In Deviously Cursed Loot none of the other latex gear is the correct color, it is all this shiny colorless grey color but not pixilated and broken like the gear is here.

I had hoped that uninstalling all of my mods, deleting skyrim, reinstalling skyrim, and then putting just a few mods back in would help but so far it isn't. I still haven't loaded all the mods I had previously, I'd really like to get this one figured out before I keep going.

Hm. So all files are there and Cursed Loot's gear is shiny, but not colored? That's an odd one. At this point I would hazard a guess that it's nothing wrong in the mods themselves (Cursed Loot, this mod) that's causing this. As far as I know, we're doing nothing out of the ordinary with the Skyrim graphics, just adjusting some of the material values to make things shiny. In a way the same as you can turn dull metal into reflective, polished metal.

These are wild guesses, basically I have no idea what's going on, but are you using an ENB? Do you have a custom setup for Skyrim.exe in your graphics card 3D settings? Or maybe made any changes to Skyrim's two .ini files lately?

In case you're looking for more input, I recommend this:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings

and, if you want to dig deeper (which usually shouldn't be necessary)

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI

Hm. So all files are there and Cursed Loot's gear is shiny, but not colored? That's an odd one. At this point I would hazard a guess that it's nothing wrong in the mods themselves (Cursed Loot, this mod) that's causing this. As far as I know, we're doing nothing out of the ordinary with the Skyrim graphics, just adjusting some of the material values to make things shiny. In a way the same as you can turn dull metal into reflective, polished metal.

These are wild guesses, basically I have no idea what's going on, but are you using an ENB? Do you have a custom setup for Skyrim.exe in your graphics card 3D settings? Or maybe made any changes to Skyrim's two .ini files lately?

In case you're looking for more input, I recommend this:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings

and, if you want to dig deeper (which usually shouldn't be necessary)

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:SkyrimPrefs_INI

I don't know what an ENB is so I'm going to have to hazard a guess that I am not using any. Google results come up with just visual enhancements.

I do have a lot of visual settings (in game) turned way down to help it run better.

And I have not gone out of my way to mess with skyrim settings through the graphics card menue nor have I mess with the two ini files.

I don't know what an ENB is so I'm going to have to hazard a guess that I am not using any. Google results come up with just visual enhancements.

I do have a lot of visual settings (in game) turned way down to help it run better.

And I have not gone out of my way to mess with skyrim settings through the graphics card menue nor have I mess with the two ini files.

I'm very sorry, but I'm now also out of ideas. I don't know where else to look or what to do next to try and get this to work. :unsure: Maybe somebody else can help?

I'm very sorry, but I'm now also out of ideas. I don't know where else to look or what to do next to try and get this to work. :unsure: Maybe somebody else can help?

I love the rubber mods and I'm very happy you made one. I hope in the future I can revisit this mod and try to get it working again. Thanks for all the help. Though the course of trying to fix yours the rubber textures from trapped in rubber and deviously cursed loot are back though.

• 1 month later...

Nice reminds me of the battle nuns from Brutal legend
I especially like the second last screenshot...kinda a rubber suit with gas mask.
from the moment i saw it i was thinking rubber demon again because of brutal legend....even though they wore leather.

Hello all,

I have uploaded a couple of new files: first, there is now a set of Bodyslide sliders that Arthacs has kindly created for this mod -- many thanks for this! :cool: :)

The other new file is a second version of this mod's .esp with any Devious Devices dependency removed for those who want to play the game without DD. Use this .esp instead of the one from the main download.

Wow, are these the ones GreySpammer added to his mod?

Looks amazing!

When wearing the gas mask and hood which overlay takes precedence? And it seems you can see some skin on the neck when wearing the gasmask.

EDIT1:  Oh, and maybe you could implement your mod requirements as soft dependencies, GreySpammer mentioned he added soft dependencies to his mod.

EDIT2: Is there a way to make rubber transparent? Would be neat if the outfit without the top covering the skin would actually be made of transparent rubber.

Thanks for the nice words!

Wow, are these the ones GreySpammer added to his mod?

Uhm, yes and no. :angel: While I did the mesh and texture edits myself, the whole idea was entirely stolen from what I saw in greyspammer's thread. I just couldn't resist, and also didn't want to wait for the next TiR release to have these in my game. ^_^

Looks amazing!

When wearing the gas mask and hood which overlay takes precedence? And it seems you can see some skin on the neck when wearing the gasmask.

Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe the one that got equipped last? I don't have any gasmasks installed atm, so I can't try it. But I doubt anything can break in the overlays mod by equipping two items with an overlay.

EDIT1:  Oh, and maybe you could implement your mod requirements as soft dependencies, GreySpammer mentioned he added soft dependencies to his mod.

I can't do that, sorry. My mod making skills are still much too limited and I'm picking up new things very slowly. As a matter of fact, all my uploads were created solely in Tes5Edit, haven't even used the CK once for them. :blush:

EDIT2: Is there a way to make rubber transparent? Would be neat if the outfit without the top covering the skin would actually be made of transparent rubber.

Great idea! It's been done before (Bob's Boots or the Exhibitionist Suit come to mind), so hopefully it'll be just a matter of finding the right material settings and colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are some cool clothes. Haven't seen the nurse outfit yet, but I only searched for "rubber".

Do you know if there are any opera-gloves in the game that you could rubberize? The long gloves aren't bad, but a bit bulky for some occasions.

Also, what do you think about bundling all that stuff up in a chest like Nothing Doing does with his masks, so you just have to spawn one item in the console and not half a dozen or more?

Thank you very much for this cool idea! I have just added it to my two mods -- that spawnable chest is very helpful indeed. :cool:

So:

New Version Available!

Version 001b includes the spawnable chest for both the basegame-only and the Devious-Crafting versions of the mod. You must have version 001 installed for the meshes and textures, 001b includes only the two new .esp's (use only one in your load order!)

• 1 month later...

yea, i have all of the DD and requirements and the textures are still bugged.

Oh no, this bug? I have checked and compared the models to stuff from other mods but couldn't find any critical differences/issues. That doesn't mean there absolutely aren't any, with so many flags and settings in the .nif files it's likely I may have overlooked something. The thing is though, the stuff works okay here in my game and unless somebody points me to a possible error source, I have absolutely no idea how to troubleshoot this bug. Sorry, but I'm really out of ideas.

BTW, whether DD is present or not shouldn't make a difference to how the stuff from this mod is displayed. I'm only using DD for the crafting recipes, nothing links the nif files to DD.

Oh no, this bug? I have checked and compared the models to stuff from other mods but couldn't find any critical differences/issues. That doesn't mean there absolutely aren't any, with so many flags and settings in the .nif files it's likely I may have overlooked something. The thing is though, the stuff works okay here in my game and unless somebody points me to a possible error source, I have absolutely no idea how to troubleshoot this bug. Sorry, but I'm really out of ideas.

BTW, whether DD is present or not shouldn't make a difference to how the stuff from this mod is displayed. I'm only using DD for the crafting recipes, nothing links the nif files to DD.

SO are you meant to craft it or can you get it from AddItemMenu2(mod name)?

SO are you meant to craft it or can you get it from AddItemMenu2(mod name)?

You can do both. The crafting is a bit complex and needs rare resources (Ebonite is a rare thing in Tamriel, and its recipe well guarded by the few who own it like the College of Winterhold).