F4SE out of date?

G'Day,

Just got Fallout 4 and loving it. as usual, I came here and went there to check out different aspects of mods for the game..

I downloaded F4SE http://f4se.silverlock.org/ and it worked just fine..

While getting right into the game.. helping to save valentine, i was at the point deep into the tunnel and was on slowmo with the bullet time mod and got one punch in as i was changing cartridge and bam.. these dudes fighting me crashed the game because they know they had lost.. lol (not really but hey..lol)

Anyway, F4SE gives me this error now and i was wondering if anyone using steam gets this as well? I just want to figure out if it is a unique problem to me or not and if i should contact them or wait for a new version.

Cheers..

post-1192955-0-67119000-1468376340_thumb.jpg

Yep, surprise update from Bethesda today puts Fallout 4 at 1.6.9. The F4SE team hasn't had time to update to match because of the lack of beta before this patch. Should be updated by tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks.. Ill keep my eyes opened... I am thinking on making a complaint to Bethesda as well, because mods are supposed to help enhance and fix problems they wont... I dont think we should be penalized for enhancing their game.. they allowed the game to be modded to begin with..

You should be able to set up Steam to update between x and y time. (usually like 2 or 3 in the morning) when you aren't using the computer. Turn your computer off at night and the game won't update. Then when you are ready you can update the game or allow the game to update. :)

The update is out already for those wanting to know.. I just want to thank these guys for helping to make the game more enjoyable ... :D

You should be able to set up Steam to update between x and y time. (usually like 2 or 3 in the morning) when you aren't using the computer. Turn your computer off at night and the game won't update. Then when you are ready you can update the game or allow the game to update. :)

I stop the cloud, i dont like it that much.. as useful as it may be sometimes..

Thanks for the info..

• 1 month later...

Yeah it's been a lot longer than usual, almost 3 days now I think. But gotta remember it was the weekend so they could of been taking a break till Monday. Or they could be adding much awaited features that we've been waiting for to F4SE, so that explains why it is taking longer than usual as well.

Either way, just gotta have patience. Or you can do what some others have been doing, and getting the old 1.7.12 exe and using that instead. Make sure to backup your 1.7.15 exe first so you can revert back to it when F4SE does update. Not sure if it is okay to link it here or not, so I'll just tell you to google it. ;)

Shrugs, I just went of and played other games, mad max, dying light and a bit of doom 3 bfg, though it is kinda surprising its taking so long to update f4ske, there again it could be like spyder says they are now starting to add things to it now that all the dlc's are in which case it could take some time, though in that case you would have expected a quick and dirty update so people can play then start adding new features.

Been wondering myself why it's taking so long. Wouldn't it be interesting if Beth tried to disable F4SE with the new update?

Wait, let me take off my tin foil hat...........ah much better now...... :D  :D  :D

We all know Beth would NEVER do anything like that, right?  ;)

Guys, please excuse my sarcasm

Been wondering myself why it's taking so long. Wouldn't it be interesting if Beth tried to disable F4SE with the new update?

Wait, let me take off my tin foil hat...........ah much better now...... :D  :D  :D

Would not surprise me that is what happened though knowing bethesda it is more likely it was by accident rather than design.  Though you can never tell with them.

It has been a day and a half for me... is there anyone else that has not been able to play fallout 4 yet?

Im playing it. :P

Don't matter about the F***ing 40 mb or something update.

I just got the Fallout 1.7.12 exe and now play it just fine.

Leave it to Bethesda to require you to hack your game just to play it.

Yeah it's been a lot longer than usual, almost 3 days now I think. But gotta remember it was the weekend so they could of been taking a break till Monday. Or they could be adding much awaited features that we've been waiting for to F4SE, so that explains why it is taking longer than usual as well.

Either way, just gotta have patience. Or you can do what some others have been doing, and getting the old 1.7.12 exe and using that instead. Make sure to backup your 1.7.15 exe first so you can revert back to it when F4SE does update. Not sure if it is okay to link it here or not, so I'll just tell you to google it. ;)

That's the time i like gaming the most... LOL :P

It has been a day and a half for me... is there anyone else that has not been able to play fallout 4 yet?

Im playing it. :P

Don't matter about the F***ing 40 mb or something update.

I just got the Fallout 1.7.12 exe and now play it just fine.

Leave it to Bethesda to require you to hack your game just to play it.

I did that with Fallout NV and skyrim, though damn they take up a lot of space on your hard drive if you don't use their cloud... lol

Sorry, my gaming addiction is taking over.. withdrawal symptoms are happening, like thoughts of the game,  dreaming of the game.. shakes and pains in the knuckles from not playing it so long... lol :P

Ps, My game updates itself no matter what settings i use and without notifying me or without my permission... that's what is annoying.. that steam, can not take the time to notify me of an update and allow me to choose when to download that update... Hence it would be nice to update the game when i know i can update F4SE at the same time when it comes out... lol

Steam is a pain in da azz sometimes...

Actually i am surprised Bethesda don't just add F4SE to the scripting of their game since it is so popular...

Hence from what i see and hear, it would make modding so much easier for everyone...

Shrugs, I just went of and played other games, mad max, dying light and a bit of doom 3 bfg, though it is kinda surprising its taking so long to update f4ske, there again it could be like spyder says they are now starting to add things to it now that all the dlc's are in which case it could take some time, though in that case you would have expected a quick and dirty update so people can play then start adding new features.

I was thinking on getting mad max, the game looks a lot better than the latest movie, which kind of ruined the whole series of other movies... A try hard or should i say Die Hard ...lol attempt at trying to revive a movie in such a short period of time.. or as i like to think, somethings are best left alone, and that latest mad max movie is proof of that... (being a mad max fanatic..lol)

Doom caught my eye, though i guess pushing prices up like they did with star wars latest movie. and typical of google..lol.. well i thought i would wait... Though i can understand the DLC bit, I only just got Nuka World added to my game though I am still up north trying to finish Far Habour with the brotherhood and thinking on backstabbing them by joining the rail road later on... lol

I have to admit though, that Far habour is a bit of a let down, even though the game play is good, Beths did not make it fully compatible with its other mods like the mechanist and the building of eyebots to find resources.. and to think you could not have an eyebot as a companion when you do in fallout NV is just shocking... lol

Though this is my first game and still interested in the various endings as i hear you  can only be a member of one group.. I also hope the ending is better than Fallout NV's various endings.. Though I must admit, I could never get myself to drop da bomb on the NCR ... lol

I did that with Fallout NV and skyrim, though damn they take up a lot of space on your hard drive if you don't use their cloud... lol

all you need is the actual .exe for the game. The version that the f4Se is working with. then many times (perhaps all ) it will work. However there might be the occasional glitch. So far it don't seem to have any and the saves seem to be OK. I its just as if I was playing the older version until the team updates their scripts.

all you need is the actual .exe for the game. The version that the f4Se is working with. then many times (perhaps all ) it will work. However there might be the occasional glitch. So far it don't seem to have any and the saves seem to be OK. I its just as if I was playing the older version until the team updates their scripts.

I tend to back up manually from at least the date folder, this way any changes to mods or the game that happened to be bad, i can restore..

Though i may just make two folders now. one for backup .. and one just for the exe's

If you use verify game cache to update to new version whenever F4se is updated that's not gonna fuck with any mods is it?

Not that I know of, though i back up the data folder in case something goes wrong, like with an avatar or something else that might conflict..

If you use verify game cache to update to new version whenever F4se is updated that's not gonna fuck with any mods is it?

Not that I know of, though i back up the data folder in case something goes wrong, like with an avatar or something else that might conflict..

Yeh I derped and didn't backup my exe before reverting. WHOOPS. To be fair it doesn't really mention doing that in the instructions.

I tend to back up manually from at least the date folder, this way any changes to mods or the game that happened to be bad, i can restore..

Though i may just make two folders now. one for backup .. and one just for the exe's

One folder is all that is needed. Inside that folder would have the Data and the EXE from when you backed up.

While at it perhaps backup up the Script extenders in the same folder (along the exe) as well as any tools you use (if they change versions as well )

I just found this video that has links to a reedit post about F4SE ..
If your will to chance it... someone is offering the previous version of fallout4.exe and you can just rename the updated exe to update or something untill fF4SE is updated...

Other links are in the description of the youtube video...
I am about to work on it now... ;)

Yes that is the one I am using currently. (Reddit download)  I ran it through some antivirus malware etc but to be honest not everything can be caught. Use at your own peril. When you install it properly it works and has been working since. Steam hasn't updated... (however I placed that horrible program.. bad program... bad bad program on offline mode after starting it once with the downloaded exe. )

Keep in mind if you are using this to go to Nuka World.. the bug fix that Besthesda put out is for the train. Some experienced issues with this version of the game exe. If this is the case... well you won't be going to Nuka world. I however can with the original version and still can with this one. I don't have the bug that some experienced which caused the patch.

From now on I would suggest that you keep a copy of the exe for future use when this crap happens so you don't have to download some random exe or wait until the F4SE team get the patch out.

Yes that is the one I am using currently. (Reddit download)  I ran it through some antivirus malware etc but to be honest not everything can be caught. Use at your own peril. When you install it properly it works and has been working since. Steam hasn't updated... (however I placed that horrible program.. bad program... bad bad program on offline mode after starting it once with the downloaded exe. )

Keep in mind if you are using this to go to Nuka World.. the bug fix that Besthesda put out is for the train. Some experienced issues with this version of the game exe. If this is the case... well you won't be going to Nuka world. I however can with the original version and still can with this one. I don't have the bug that some experienced which caused the patch.

From now on I would suggest that you keep a copy of the exe for future use when this crap happens so you don't have to download some random exe or wait until the F4SE team get the patch out.

Well I just finished backing up the whole fallout folder. on the same drive.. and will keep that in mind for other versions and updates for when they come out, though it is a shame i did not have the exe backed up this time around..

Does staying in offline mode actually stop steam from updating games as well?

BTW, i have not implemented the 1.7.12 exe just yet, from what you are saying, im becoming a bit skeptical about it now...

Well so far I have been using the downloaded one... I haven't had to go back and fix it.  I have been playing for the past few days and haven't had any problems.

the issues with the download is basically the same issue with all downloads from mod sites and such. You have to be careful and scan everything. I have ran a scan on my system (complete) and nothing is showing. No activation outside of what is expected through my firewall etc.

Archived