The Sims 4-Backyard Stuff Pack (July 19th)

Seems like we got ANOTHER stuff pack coming soon (even though we had one just a couple of weeks ago) that appears to feature new outdoor content for yards.....again......honestly this pile of shite is getting ridiculous. There's already 7 stuff packs since its release not even two years ago, three game packs, and only two half baked expansion packs that are between stuff and game packs in content/features for $40 a piece. They're really milking this dying animal and not putting any effort into it. They know its a failure for sure when they can't do anything. Especially just make junk clutter DLC to scam you out of a measly $10.

What do you mean it's "getting ridiculous".

That's how this series has worked for a while, now.

Pretty much, yeah.

The only difference between Sims 4 stuff packs and the Sims 3 Store is that if you want to buy a stuff pack, you don't have to lock some of your cash away in Simpoints that are only redeemable in their store. Other than that, they're maintaining exactly the same "churn-out-stuff-to-buy" schedule they've always done.

But hey, people are entitled to pick the hill they want to die on, I guess; if it's genuinely more intolerable to someone now because this time all of the products have "The Sims 4" on them instead of "The Sims 3," um, okay, go for it. It's a weird place to draw the line, but feel free?

What do you mean it's "getting ridiculous".

That's how this series has worked for a while, now.

Pretty much, yeah.

The only difference between Sims 4 stuff packs and the Sims 3 Store is that if you want to buy a stuff pack, you don't have to lock some of your cash away in Simpoints that are only redeemable in their store. Other than that, they're maintaining exactly the same "churn-out-stuff-to-buy" schedule they've always done.

But hey, people are entitled to pick the hill they want to die on, I guess; if it's genuinely more intolerable to someone now because this time all of the products have "The Sims 4" on them instead of "The Sims 3," um, okay, go for it. It's a weird place to draw the line, but feel free?

For me, it's more like they're maintaining the same "churn-out-stuff-to-download" schedule. Nothing in Sims 4 has been worth buying so far. Screw the stuff packs and get to work. Get together is ok, but the base game still sucks and isn't worth buying so by proxy, get together isn't worth buying either. I've had the game and all the content but a few of the newer stuff packs for months, got it for free but still haven't touched the game in almost as long as I've had it. It's a damn shame when free shit isn't even worth playing.

I don't think it's fair to compare the distribution model of Sims 3 to Sims 4 either because, sure, while Sims 3 has a lot of stuff packs it also had a lot of expansions. Sims 4 by comparison is thoroughly lacking in the expansions department. Even by this time in the game's life cycle, Sims 3 had more content available. Worthwhile content at that. Sims 4, meanwhile, has stuff packs. Stuff packs you may or may not want, that fill your game with shit that doesn't change anything and could've been downloaded from community content for free.

What's sad is people are defending Maxis for this 'change'. The lower price (and less content) for a stuff pack have many happy for some reason. They still do have a store; Origin. Honestly if clutter DLC is all they can do for Sims 4 it showcases the vast limitations of the engine as there have been nothing to prove Maxis' claim of it being 'the best'. They had Sims Online 2.0 in development, SimCity 2013 disaster happened, they scrapped Online 2.0, under a year they used all assets to craft a singleplayer game on a limited engine. Ta da! Sims 4 was born.

I like Sims 4 way better than Sims 3.  It looks & runs tons better.  I'm bored with it because they keep just putting out little pack things like this but that's what happens when the fan base is basically all pre-teenage girls.  (Face it, Sims 3 fan base exploded in zits)  They got hooked on that game and haven't moved at all, so we aren't likely to see real progress with this one for some time.  If ever, sadly.  I don't mind stuff packs, I think they are fun and cute personally.  I just wish there was word on a real expansion coming.  Anything for Seasons or Pets for my personal example.  

I still find it odd that this game has yet to introduce toddlers.  I dunno what the holdup is what that at all.  I get that they put out pools and some other stuff later on, a lot of it free of charge actually.  But I dunno why the base game didn't release toddlers.  I personally like having a little family.  That's prolly cause I really, really *really* love playing Sims games.  I think Sims 3 was the pinnacle of ridiculous amounts of greed and stupidity, and always will be.

What's sad is people are defending Maxis for this 'change'.

What, in this thread? If "This is the same money-grubbing bullshit we dealt with in the Sims 3" counts as a defense of Maxis or EA, then yeah, something's certainly sad about that. :P

I still find it odd that this game has yet to introduce toddlers.  I dunno what the holdup is what that at all. 

The holdup is almost certainly that it requires making a lot of toddler-specific clothing, hairstyles, animations, and interactions. I mean, the reason why teens in the Sims 4 are exactly the same height as adults unlike the shorter ones in the Sims 3 is entirely to reduce the workload involved in all of that, so...yeah. Adding two or three supernatural types is probably less work than adding toddlers in the long run.

I'm sure they will eventually add them either in an expansion or just for free, although honestly, if the "where are the toddlers?" crowd wasn't constantly shrieking at them, I don't know if they'd even bother with it. I get the impression that they're even more surprised than I am that anyone wants it, considering how incredibly dull toddlers were in S3. The Sims has a weird fanbase, that's for sure.

I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3 for certain reasons. Sure, open world was cool and all but it also brought many limitations to the table.

The only thing I don't like about this iteration is the fact that it seems they have problems with EPs since we'll only get one this year. This sucks.

I prefer Sims 4 over Sims 3 for certain reasons. Sure, open world was cool and all but it also brought many limitations to the table.

The only thing I don't like about this iteration is the fact that it seems they have problems with EPs since we'll only get one this year. This sucks.

Till then enjoy Elder Stuff Pack, Teen Stuff Pack, Young Adult Stuff Pack, Adult Stuff Pack, Bathroom Stuff Pack, Bedroom Stuff Pack, Dinning Room Stuff Pack and Front Yard Stuff Pack. :blush:

Till then enjoy Elder Stuff Pack, Teen Stuff Pack, Young Adult Stuff Pack, Adult Stuff Pack, Bathroom Stuff Pack, Bedroom Stuff Pack, Dinning Room Stuff Pack and Front Yard Stuff Pack. :blush:

I feel the same as Eksclusiv, honestly.  Having Stuff Packs to mess around with and decorate with is fun and all, but I'd really like to at least hear about an EP, or Expansion Pack.

• 2 years later...

Archived