Sims 3 without Origin or Launcher

First off, I have a legitimate copy of Sims 3.  I'm not asking for a torrent or anything of the kind, please don't misunderstand.

My question is, is there a way to open Sims 3 without having to use Origin or even the launcher for the game?  I have lousy internet and if Origin is updating, I can't play Sims 3 at -all- which annoys me to no end.   

First off, I have a legitimate copy of Sims 3.  I'm not asking for a torrent or anything of the kind, please don't misunderstand.

My question is, is there a way to open Sims 3 without having to use Origin or even the launcher for the game?  I have lousy internet and if Origin is updating, I can't play Sims 3 at -all- which annoys me to no end.   

It depends on what game version you're running. If you have 1.69 and no disc copy -- the answer is no. If you have a disc copy and version 1.69 then you'll have to essentially downgrade back to 1.67 and then you can run it from the .exe.

Digital copies are forced to upgrade to 1.69 -- you can't get around it and I haven't read anywhere that you can stop the update on digital copies. Origin essentially holds your content hostage until you do, that is if you have say... the basegame + E/SPs then you'll be unable to install the E/SPs until you update the game to 1.69.

Hope this helps ~ Happy Simming.

post-1200622-0-07940900-1468208985_thumb.gif

It helps, it also makes me hate EA just a little more then I already did.  I have the latest version and of course it's digital.  Ugh.  Oh well, thank you for answering.

You did notice the option saying "go offline" in the first dropdown menu on the origin launcher did you?

And to my knowledge every software firewall in existence has the option to prevent an application to go online which more or less lets origin think there is no internet available.

If origin gets to know there is an update for a game or the launcher it forces you to apply it before the game is launchable. But if origin is not allowed to go online origin does not get to know if there is an update.

You did notice the option saying "go offline" in the first dropdown menu on the origin launcher did you?

And to my knowledge every software firewall in existence has the option to prevent an application to go online which more or less lets origin think there is no internet available.

If origin gets to know there is an update for a game or the launcher it forces you to apply it before the game is launchable. But if origin is not allowed to go online origin does not get to know if there is an update.

If you sign in and go "offline" and try to run TS3, it will say "we are unable to start application, please log in." I was able to do that when I bitched at Origin months ago for makring such a stupid update.

No, this doesn't work.  You need to go online for Origin/Sims 3.

Ahhh.

So only for the singleplayer game Sims 3 EA returned to their old days of "Always Online DRM" huh?

Never expected EA to be THAT dumb after they lost the title of Worst Publisher from a Gamers Perspective to Ubisoft.

To clarify other singleplayer games like Sims 4, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age Inquisition or mothertrucking Plants vs. Zombies work perfectly in Offline Mode. The online features bug you about getting online in Origin but the games start and are fully functional.

Also I just wanna say, I'm not a fan of EA.  I won't bother buying any of their other titles except for Sims and Sims 4 is so slow to put out anything that it feels less and less fun as time goes on.  I like it better than 3 for a bunch of reasons, but the game is handled so bat shit stupid that I find myself playing it far less than 3.  I like 3 for other reasons, not for the ones most people like it for though.  I hate that it has completely open neighborhoods.  It's pretty useless to me and eats up a bunch of performance and I don't spend that much time just watching the neighborhood.  I really hate the colorwheel thing and I wish you could completely remove it from the game.  I don't need thousands of options for each and every piece of customizable item including clothing.  I love the devs for their time and attention to these games since Sims 2, I never played the original and am not really interested in it anyways.  But Sims 2 & 3 have always had a special place in my funky little heart and watching them 'live out' their failed daily 'lives' is actually incredibly entertaining to me.  In Sims 2 I actually had a blast decorating the neighborhoods, it become a hobby of mine.  I continue to play Sims 3 because there is a lot of little things I absolutely adore about this game.  I would play Sims 4 even more but there just isn't as much to do and it feels dead to me without seasons, pets and more generational stuff.  

I'd like to completely drop Origin all together if it was possible, is the reason I was asking about Sims 3 in this post.  I just really hate EA.

For me, Sims 3 works if I tell Origin to be in offline mode.

I don't know if it's possible to *start* Origin in offline mode, and if Sims 3 would work if that's the case.

I just experienced that when my internet connection acts up (high latency or lots of lost packages), some or all EPs are suddenly unavailable without any warning whatsoever (except the "you used other EPs last time you played" from the launcher). Setting Origin to offline mode actually helps in this case, then all EPs are available again.

For me, Sims 3 works if I tell Origin to be in offline mode.

I don't know if it's possible to *start* Origin in offline mode, and if Sims 3 would work if that's the case.

I just experienced that when my internet connection acts up (high latency or lots of lost packages), some or all EPs are suddenly unavailable without any warning whatsoever (except the "you used other EPs last time you played" from the launcher). Setting Origin to offline mode actually helps in this case, then all EPs are available again.

This was the biggest issue with me.  If I kept Origin & Sims 3 offline, eventually I would have to restart the game and when I do apparently I have no DLCs whatsoever.  All Stuff & Expansion packs are unticked almost every single time.  I cannot start Origin in offline mode, it doesn't allow it.  It tells me that origin is offline and cannot start, so I don't know why there's that option really to begin with.  It literally forces me to go online if I take it offline.  I've never liked Sims 3 online.  I want to play Sims 3, not a Facebook game lol I just mod in all the port stuff you're supposed to get from bouncing around in other people's games although it might be fun for some who use Kinky World if that were possible.  I just want to keep my game offline and ditch Origin all together.  It's kind of funny in a way, because I have a legit copy of it I cannot find a way to do this but when I Google about it I see multiple ways to do this with a torrented copy.   :lol:  :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

That's strange I have patch 1.69 all downloads. I can sign into Origin without it being connected to the internet all I do is put in my login ID and Password. And I can start and play the Sims 3 if any EP's or SP's are unticked I just retick them and hit Play on the Launcher it helps that after you login to use the Desktop shortcut to start the Sims 3 Launcher.
You don't need to be connected to the internet to login to Origin just put in your login ID and password.

• 1 year later...

Archived