How stable is your F:NV ?

Reepa7

Hey guys, I've been wanting to start up another game of New Vegas for a while now. Been putting it off since every time I play it'll freeze within 10-40 mins of roaming the wasteland. I've had about 50 mods once with constant crashes, then went down to 5 mods...still a crash fest. I've used NVSR,FNV4gb,  and unofficial patches. I heard that taking off bloom effect and HDR will help a lot? 99% of the crashes happened in the Mojave. DLC areas/Dungeons are fine.

So my real question is how many mods do you have running? and how often does your game crash, if it does at all. Any tips for a more stable game would help. I know that it is an old game with many bugs and crashes are bound to happen, even on vanilla.

Thanks!

Guest endgameaddiction

Never had a problem with bloom and ENB on FNV. Normally the game is very stable. Only mod that really gave me problems was MoMod creatures that would cause CTD. Happens with dogtown's SkyMoMod for me too.

Load order would be helpful.

Never had a problem with bloom and ENB on FNV. Normally the game is very stable. Only mod that really gave me problems was MoMod creatures that would cause CTD. Happens with dogtown's SkyMoMod for me too.

Load order would be helpful.

When I had few mods it was just

daughter of ares

type body for Ares

MCM

EVE

NVSR

FNV4gb

NVSE

actually really two mods, but can't remember the load order. I used loot though  :-/

Guest endgameaddiction

That's a really tiny load order. Since you have a really really small load order. how about disabling mods and keeping just NVSE and NVSR, and the unofficial patches enabled and try playing the game just like that and see if it becomes stable or remains unstable. If it maintains stable, try enabling MCM first and starting the game then DOA and so forth.

I can't pinpoint what it might be since your load order is very small.

That's a really tiny load order. Since you have a really really small load order. how about disabling mods and keeping just NVSE and NVSR, and the unofficial patches enabled and try playing the game just like that and see if it becomes stable or remains unstable. If it maintains stable, try enabling MCM first and starting the game then DOA and so forth.

I can't pinpoint what it might be since your load order is very small.

I tried just NVSE,NVSR and FNV4gb...still crashed after about an hour. Starting to believe it was NVSE but a friend told me their vanilla keeps crashing.

Maybe this is obvious, but... did you tweak your ini files, changing the number of threads? I'd say it's probably the main source of instability on new computers/OSs

I've never heard of this before  O.o 

I have 62 mods installed, and the game is pretty stable.  

I've tweaked the INI's just a little, Keep the Save files and Screen shots to a bare minimum, stuff like that.

Will do. I never keep more than 3 saves at a time. Thanks 

Will do. I never keep more than 3 saves at a time. Thanks 

The best would be always save on a new slot and then make periodical cleaning of the old saves - this is what I do usually. I do remember there's an issue in gamebryo which could lead to downsides because of overwriting existing saves.

Guest endgameaddiction

Eventually causing corrupt saves when it tries to autosave the game will CTD. It used to happen to me a lot on FO3. I always reverted back to the previous save before it got corrupted and proceeded from there. The solution was to commit suicide and it would fix this issue. Well, temporarily. You can always try and clean your saves by a utility Odessa has created and uploaded here in the FNV downloads. Never tried it.

I also recommend using CASM or any autosave mod. I read a long time ago there was one that was more stable than CASM, but been too long to remember. I always just stuck with CASM.

Eventually causing corrupt saves when it tries to autosave the game will CTD. It used to happen to me a lot on FO3. I always reverted back to the previous save before it got corrupted and proceeded from there. The solution was to commit suicide and it would fix this issue. Well, temporarily. You can always try and clean your saves by a utility Odessa has created and uploaded here in the FNV downloads. Never tried it.

I also recommend using CASM or any autosave mod. I read a long time ago there was one that was more stable than CASM, but been too long to remember. I always just stuck with CASM.

Yeah, I might disable autosaves entirely and go back to the morrowind days. I'm used to hitting F5 constantly. I have a lot more mods currently and am testing them out. Got the ini's checked and things seem more stable  :shy: 

If Fallout 4 did anything for me... it was to appreciate New Vegas more. Gonna get as much as I can get done in this play through :D   

Archived