MO, SL and FNIS

I'm most definitely a beginner at modding, but I've been trying for the past three days to get a few mods working.  Yesterday, I heard MO was far superior to what I had been using otherwise (NMM), so I scrapped all I had done and restarted again.  Anyway, I got to the point where everything should've worked, however no animations play.  The character's will simply just stand still, moan, and make facial expressions.
I tried reloading, but that seemed to make things work.
So far, the only thing I've noticed is with the FNIS.  I don't think it's recognizing any of my mods.

Every time I run it, from MO, I get this response:

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V6.3   6/10/2016 8:56:22 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
0_master usage: 1.1 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

47 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

I noticed that no matter what mods I add, no more animations are added, and also that it says it's not ran from a Skyrim Directory?
Any ideas?  I followed the tutorial they had about three times through and nothing has changed.  
I am also using the most up to date version, and I thought I had the creature pack installed too.
Thanks
Note:  I have tried installing and reinstalling multiple times.  If I need to wipe all my characters, that's fine too, I'm just at a loss as how to fix this.
Note 2:  Not sure if this makes a difference, but I've also tried updating to the new FNIS (released today).  Still getting the same problems.

If FNIS is already being executed from MO but you still get this kind of output, you may not install your mods correctly in MO.

Get your modlist.txt and loadorder.txt from profiles folder and post here.

BTW, you should install XPMSE skeleton to fully utilize animation from this site.

I'm most definitely a beginner at modding, but I've been trying for the past three days to get a few mods working.  Yesterday, I heard MO was far superior to what I had been using otherwise (NMM), so I scrapped all I had done and restarted again.  Anyway, I got to the point where everything should've worked, however no animations play.  The character's will simply just stand still, moan, and make facial expressions.

I tried reloading, but that seemed to make things work.

So far, the only thing I've noticed is with the FNIS.  I don't think it's recognizing any of my mods.

Every time I run it, from MO, I get this response:

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V6.3   6/10/2016 8:56:22 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
0_master usage: 1.1 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

47 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

I noticed that no matter what mods I add, no more animations are added, and also that it says it's not ran from a Skyrim Directory?

Any ideas?  I followed the tutorial they had about three times through and nothing has changed.  

I am also using the most up to date version, and I thought I had the creature pack installed too.

Thanks

Note:  I have tried installing and reinstalling multiple times.  If I need to wipe all my characters, that's fine too, I'm just at a loss as how to fix this.

Note 2:  Not sure if this makes a difference, but I've also tried updating to the new FNIS (released today).  Still getting the same problems.

you are not runing FNIS from mod organizer folder you run him from Generator: D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

my fnis run from C:\Users\Usuario 1\Documents\Mod Organizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

you should not manual install him, let MO do the work click on download with manager after find the generator and run him(with mod organizer). hope this help you

you are not runing FNIS from mod organizer folder you run him from Generator: D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

my fnis run from C:\Users\Usuario 1\Documents\Mod Organizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

you should not manual install him, let MO do the work click on download with manager after find the generator and run him(with mod organizer). hope this help you

I tried to change my location to match the equivalent of yours and I'm still getting the same message, and I did install FNIS using MO.  Thanks for the reply!

If FNIS is already being executed from MO but you still get this kind of output, you may not install your mods correctly in MO.

Get your modlist.txt and loadorder.txt from profiles folder and post here.

BTW, you should install XPMSE skeleton to fully utilize animation from this site.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by getting the modlist.txt and loadorder.txt?

Would that be simply my mod lists in order?  And I'm using XP32 skeleton.  Is that similar to the XPMSE?

1. XP32 exists only for backward compatibility. It's replaced by XPMSE, which is more compatible and works with most mods, including HDT.

2. If you get that generator error message, try to open the Skyrim launcher itself, so that FNIS recognizes your installation as valid.

3. FNIS must be installed in the same directory as your installed Skyrim directory.

Instead of

D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

It should be

D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

As read by MO. Note the path. It may explain why the generator can't do its work.

1. XP32 exists only for backward compatibility. It's replaced by XPMSE, which is more compatible and works with most mods, including HDT.

2. If you get that generator error message, try to open the Skyrim launcher itself, so that FNIS recognizes your installation as valid.

3. FNIS must be installed in the same directory as your installed Skyrim directory.

Instead of

D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

It should be

D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

As read by MO. Note the path. It may explain why the generator can't do its work.

I appreciate all the help!  I really do.  

I changed my path to look exactly as you stated it should, and I'm still getting the exact same error message.  I tried to uninstall and reinstall too, but nothing happened. 

I'm thoroughly stumped now...

PS:  I did also just download the recommended skeleton and tried running skyrim also.  Neither seemed to fix the problem

Update:  I've managed to run FNIS without getting any errors, however, that was outside of MO.  I have no idea how to get that to work inside of MO.

Update 2:  I'm very tempted to just go back to NMM, because at least the animations worked then.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm having a very similar problem when installing FNIS Behavior 6.3 using Mod Organizer. Except when I run FNIS through MO, it keeps having Error (2012)m hkxcmd has stopped working. Is anyone know why this is the case?

What do you mean by "Except when i run FNIS through MO"? If you use MO, don't run FNIS outside MO, it won't work anyways if you do.

Archived