Quoting function on forum

Tefajo

Mr / Mrs Administrator/s

Is there any chance you could change the way "Quoting" works? The way it works right now  is that every time you quote someone you drag the post you actually want to quote and all other quotes containted on it, so everybody gets "quoted". This brings the following nuisances

- When you are browsing the topic you get to see longer and longer post containing all the draged answers. For example:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35269-beeingfemale/?p=1553601

(and i know i have seen longer, i just was too lazy to look for them)

- For the reader sometimes it gets difficult to notice who or what is someone replying to

- You get quoted (notified) in post that actually have absolutely nothing to do with your statement / original post. 

Now, it has been a veeeery long time since i administrated a forum, but i think i recall that in Vbulletin forums you could configure the quoting function to work with spoiler tags for all previous quotes except the last one. May be there is something similar in this plataform? For example, the very same link provided, would be like this:

Greetings  :)

Hello milzschnitte,

I have read about your new job and that you are busy (wich is great !) and that you probably wont have the time to make updates or fixes,... but, just in case a miracle happens, i'd like to point out a couple of suggestions / things:

- I play a male character with the honorable quest of repopulating Skyrim in order to repair the considerable losses that the civil war is causing  :D
The thing is that, after a couple of days, some npc dissapear from the "information" tab so i lose track of some pregnant ladies.
Would it be possible to make it so effective pregnancies (by you) wont dissapear from the tab until the baby is born? Or even better, lets you decide wich ones you want to clean (i wouldnt mind losing track of the innkeeper who has 1,788888% chance of getting pregnant for example)
- Also, when a NPC breaks water the elapsed time till the baby is born seems to last for ever (i got some that went in to labour work for a whole day). Could it be possible to reduce it? Now, may be this could be caused by me being too anxious and using "wait" feature instead of standing still wait for nature to take it's course.

By the way, the mod and MC worked fine for me since the first moment i installed it , not sure what dll i am using but if you need any information i would be glad to provide.
Great mod, and thank you very much for taking the time to make it !

Nice ideas. But I don't think an update will be released soon. I'm sometimes working on the Fallout 4 version of BeeingFemale and I don't have a lot of time.
The main problem to develop your ideas is the performance. I have to calculate the female stats of all womans you had sex with ann all woman you've impregnated... the calculation thing takes a lot of performance and takes around 2 - 8 seconds per NPC (depending on how long the NPC wasn't updated)

Hello again,

I have BF running well....I think? I see everything my widgets are working, well, at least the Current phase, Pregnancy chance and bloody panty when I need to change it during Menstruation period.

I just went through my first set of states since installing and now I'm halfway into the Follicular phase again I think.

My issue is two-fold:

In the MCM menu under the Information tab it states the following:

Current State: Luteal Phase
Chance to become pregnant: 1%
Time remaining: -3D 22H 54m & climbing (NOTICE NEGATIVE NUMBER HERE)

Now my Widget says: Current state Follicular Phase 1D 22H 22M & climbing as well. (POSITIVE NUMBER HERE)

So am I in the Luteal phase or Follicular Phase? If I look at MCM I'm in Luteal, and if I look at Widget I'm in Follicular

My 2nd question/issue: Is the MCM menu under information & Widget for Current state (Bottom left of screen)supposed to show me when I am in the Ovulation stage which it did not do this first time around? It went from Follicular Phase straight to the Luteal phase apparently skipping the Ovulation stagewhile staying in between 0 & 5% chance to get pregnant the whole time. Or am I just supposed to know that the Ovulation phase is the final 2 days of the Follicular phase and the 1st 2 days of the Luteal phase?

Or does this signal that I must reset my character and try it all again?

Edit: Update: Playing since I posted this, my Widget is telling me that I am in Menstruation Phase yet I am at 86% chance to become pregnant. Meantime my MCM / Beeing Female / Information is still showing Luteal Phase -13D 20H 54M, (hasn't changed since entering Luteal Phase the first go around), yet it is also showing an 86% chance to become pregnant.

I'll keep playing along until I see someone has answered this. Maybe it's just reading the wrong Phase in either MCM or Widget?

Sorry that you had problems. This problem is realy realy old and exists since the Beta Version... I thought I've fixed it with some work arounds.
The easiest solution to fix it is Go into the MCM Menu and Reset the Player Stats. But It seems you've already done it  :)

Her is what finally worked for me;

I have 86 mods loaded and 79 of those are running. When I added this mod I couldn't get the MCM menu to work unless I started a new game. I was planning to do that after I got this setup running well so I left this mod running and moved on to the next set of installs. I'm not using the Patch mod BTW. It didn't work for me. After adding 5 different Hair with Physics mods my setup got really unstable and trying to go back wasn't working. I've had so much trouble with hair in the past that I made a full copy of my Skyrim folder before attempting to add physics hair. I deleted the Skyrim folder in the Steam directory and replaced it with the copy I had made. When it finished moving over I opened MO and ran NFIS. When I started Skyrim and loaded my last save it went through all the MCM installs and add-ons. Everything is running smooth and I have found no conflicts. The BeeingFemale MCM menu is working fine now. My wife Vilja has a 2% chance of getting pregnant ATM.
Thanks, this is going to be fun.

Ok I think the best solution for the Blank MCM is to make SkiUI refresh the Mod Configuration Menus by installing or uninstalling a mod that has a MCM.

Most Feedback was "I've installed THIS mod, THIS Mod fixed the MCM Menu" everyone download THIS Mod ..... but I think it wasn't the Mod itself, it was more the MCM Menu the mod had. The menu of this mod forces SkiUI to refresh the menu list.
So install a mod that has a MCM and hope it will work, to fix the blank MCM
I have 1 more question if you'd be so kind.....Can I keep Beeing Female in cheat mode and will the states/phases and everything else function in their normal cycles if I keep it in cheat mode or is it when in cheat mode you have to change phases manually? Why I ask is I'm not sure if after changing something in cheat mode if I go back out of Debugging and back to Low will my changes I made in the cheat still be in effect?
Hello Milzschnitte,

I'm assuming that Beeing Female shouldn't really care if I remove a CHS body Physics mod i installed a long time ago over CBBE (which I now know is incompatible with HDT), and just go about updating to the latest version of CBBE w/Bodyslide 2?

Would Beeing Female even be affected at all as I am in the middle of my pregnancy? I would think that I should be able to completely uninstall and reinstall a body mod anytime if I chose to, without affecting another mod such as Beeing Female. Is this thinking correct?  :)
if it haves belly weight and no hdt it will work like in old days
Right now I don't have a pregnancy scaling body, I just thought that if I uninstalled CHS, because it overwrote my old CBBE version 3.2 and installed the new CBBE HDT body with Bodyslide 2 overwriting my older CBBE 3.2 version that doesn't support belly node scaling that Beeing Female wouldn't care either way and would give me my nude belly scaling body, I'm hoping anyway. Would that work? Thanks  :)

If the female mesh body 1 and 0 that overwrites everything haves belly support u will be fine, u should try Mod Organizer, makes all the experimentation easy XD

Yep, done a lot of reading and MO seems to be the way to go.  But, since I am almost 2000 hours into this game with 243 active mods already I will have to wait on MO until I decide to revert back to Vanilla Skyrim and start over, so yes MO is definitely in my future.  Thanks for your help   :)

Or, if you want to keep it even more simple, you could configure it so it only brings the post you actually quoted, like this:

If the female mesh body 1 and 0 that overwrites everything haves belly support u will be fine, u should try Mod Organizer, makes all the experimentation easy XD

Yep, done a lot of reading and MO seems to be the way to go.  But, since I am almost 2000 hours into this game with 243 active mods already I will have to wait on MO until I decide to revert back to Vanilla Skyrim and start over, so yes MO is definitely in my future.  Thanks for your help   :)

Just in case: By all means this is a suggestion and by no concept or intent a complaint. Of course i already do appretiate the hard work you invest in keeping the forum running as it is right now

(there will always be someone saying "Hey jerk! admins have real life, if you do not like it you are free to leave!" or things like that)

For example, the very same link provided, would be like this:

While Ashal will no doubt take a peek, you do realize that it takes all of a couple of seconds to remove all the "extra" stuff and just leave what is pertinent to be quoted (see above).  

a couple of seconds? :P

I have quoted post with 6 or 7 quotes inside and sometimes you end up deleting more than what you want and have to undo (well, at least me that i am a bit clumsy :P )

But yes, that is usually what i do .....tho not everybody does it and IMHO sometimes it gets messy

(example http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48839-funnybizness-animations-and-forerunner414s-funnybiz-slal-pack-21616/page-103?do=findComment&comment=1499021 )

Anyway, IF the function option exists on the forum plataform settings then it shouldn't be too hard to change

Though I agree embedded quotes are annoying, disabling them removes the option to embed quotes entirely for the people who DO prefer or have a use for it. Leaving it as it is only a mild inconvenience for the people who don't want it but leaves the option open for the other people. I tried disabling quote embeds previously, people complained. Meanwhile this is the first complaint about them being enabled.

Don't try and remove extra quotes from the WYSIWYG editor, it makes mistakes when trying to figure out what you want to delete from quotes. Click over to code view and just delete everything from the 2nd [ quote ] tag to the 2nd to last [ /quote ] tag so it only leaves the content from the last reply. Quick and easy.

Don't try and remove extra quotes from the WYSIWYG editor, it makes mistakes when trying to figure out what you want to delete from quotes. Click over to code view and just delete everything from the 2nd [ quote ] tag to the 2nd to last [ /quote ] tag so it only leaves the content from the last reply. Quick and easy.

Ok!

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway

Will try editing taking your tip in mind next time!

Im one of those who prefer the way they work now. When beta testing something lots of people have random issues and having the ability to see big convo helps to remember who had what issue with the mod. And its always easy to delete extra stuff or put it in spoiler.

Archived