Daedric lord Bryon

A few months ago a friend of mine said to me that we were going to the Texas renn fair. I didnt argue but i didnt want to go there and not fit in. Turns out after 3 weeks work and compleeting my armor I still didnt fit in, I stood out. So much in fact i couldnt go 5 ft without being stopped to get my pic taken with people.

This is version 1 of my armor and version 2 will be much more impressive. For now I thought id show you what I ended up with in a short amount of time.

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

I only have a few other pics from that day but they were just me with random women that wanted pics with a Daedric lord. There were a few people shouting Dovakin as I walked by though.

And It was made using pepakura.

Please tell me you went around saying "I SMELL WEAKNESS" and "NO ONE ESCAPES".

Damnit I would pay money to see two dozen people in suits like that crash a Ren Fair. Daedric Invasion Day. Have all the guys in traditional armor mock-fight the demonic invaders. Seriously.

First questing it started as paper, got lined with plastic instead of the standard fiberglassing. Some bondo and some foam for some areas.

Second bit, no i didnt go around speaking in Daedric maners. However as I was walking around if I saw a kid walking with their parents and the kid hid behind them (instead of pointing and going wow) i would walk past growling looking at them. I figured if they are already spooked I may as well keep up that image. Its like replacing Alduin deep powerfull voice with say....Richard Simmons ( that old exercise guy) voice, It needs to fit.

That being said if anyone knows an app, or a voice changer (real time) that is customizable please let me know. I really want a deep god like voice for version 2. Im actually looking for a sound something like this. DOTA world destroyer voice

I also plan on putting the lighting in this thing to.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has been a few weeks of work since i posted pics of how version 1 ended up, well here is an example of how V2 (only about 1/2 way complete) stands against V1. And to answer your next question, yes I plan on doing this level of detail to the rest of the armor. and as for the god like voice, well that is coming along rather well to.

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

and yes every one of the holes in the V2 helm will have buttons (make shift rivet looking bumps)in every spot like the 1 that I have sitting in there for the pic.

Archived