Next up, Craftable/Playable Synth Production Machine!

Trykz

Because it's cool as f*ck!  :P

See for yourself!

20160419164900_1_by_trykz-d9zmj7n.jpg

20160419165111_1_by_trykz-d9zmjck.jpg

20160419165119_1_by_trykz-d9zmjfu.jpg

20160419165139_1_by_trykz-d9zmji0.jpg

Because who doesn't wanna build their very own, private Synth army?  ;)

Just gotta figure out how to connect it to a craftable terminal so it doesn't just keep running non-stop LOL

I also want to see if I can make it actually output synths on demand. Perhaps even randomly/terminal configured npcs  :D

Trykz

What would be cool is when people get around to making those death alternative mods, having one of this at your settlement would let you print a copy of your then dead player character and keep going but with all your stuff on your dead body where you died so you'd have to go back and get it.

What would be cool is when people get around to making those death alternative mods, having one of this at your settlement would let you print a copy of your then dead player character and keep going but with all your stuff on your dead body where you died so you'd have to go back and get it.

Fantastic idea. Perhaps only accessible after a short quest where you discover that you were always a Synth. A copy made from DNA Kellog extracted before killing you.  ;)

Fantastic idea. Perhaps only accessible after a short quest where you discover that you were always a Synth. A copy made from DNA Kellog extracted before killing you.   ;)

Love this idea. Hmm..... let's see here  ;)

Trykz

i have an idea. create a terminal that will cause it to either create a male or female blank (feature neutral bald base body) then script it to use the reclamation chair (package together) as a sort of gene manipulation device since there is a console command to modify the appearance of npcs on a singular basis, scripting it to do so shouldn't be hard. and on that chair allow the player to mold them as if clay there. just a thought.

I always wanted a mod that would let me create my own custom synth harem. You get this working I may even load the game back up :)

Custom faces is going to be interesting. The big problem in Skyrim was the Grey Face bug; you could tinker with NPC faces, but the custom geometry and textures wouldn't exist. I dunno if FO4 shares those limitations or not.

It could be worth having a number of presets, and maybe the option to clone existing NPCs. You could replace Marcy Long with a clone that looked just like her but had a pleasant personality...

A holo-preview feature might be doable as well. Spawn an instance of the actor with clipping and AI disabled, and with some alpha so you could see through them. Probably need to remove them and respawn if the player changed the face settings.

Just some ideas, anyway.

I always wanted a mod that would let me create my own custom synth harem. You get this working I may even load the game back up :)

Custom faces is going to be interesting. The big problem in Skyrim was the Grey Face bug; you could tinker with NPC faces, but the custom geometry and textures wouldn't exist. I dunno if FO4 shares those limitations or not.

It could be worth having a number of presets, and maybe the option to clone existing NPCs. You could replace Marcy Long with a clone that looked just like her but had a pleasant personality...

A holo-preview feature might be doable as well. Spawn an instance of the actor with clipping and AI disabled, and with some alpha so you could see through them. Probably need to remove them and respawn if the player changed the face settings.

Just some ideas, anyway.

Looking over how the quest line utilizes this thing, it seems the script simply loops to spawn the exact same synth over and over. Which is why you never see more than one in the room. One gets created, then leaves the room through the "processing" portal, and then another is spawned once the previous is removed from the game.

I messed with this thing just as a goof to have a cool looking piece of hi-tech just running in a settlement with no real purpose. I don't think I want to take it any further than that, given my very limited papyrus capability. But I welcome anyone who'd like to take it and make it more "interactive"  ;)

Trykz

Looking over how the quest line utilizes this thing, it seems the script simply loops to spawn the exact same synth over and over. Which is why you never see more than one in the room. One gets created, then leaves the room through the "processing" portal, and then another is spawned once the previous is removed from the game.

Hmm... you could generate a more or less formless shape and shunt it into a sealed room for "post-processing" I suppose. Although I'd guess there's an alias or property controlling which actor gets created. If we can stop the machine, we might be able to change that. Although I suppose we'll need a model that can be built up in layers. Hmm...

I messed with this thing just as a goof to have a cool looking piece of hi-tech just running in a settlement with no real purpose. I don't think I want to take it any further than that, given my very limited papyrus capability. But I welcome anyone who'd like to take it and make it more "interactive"  ;)

It's a fun idea, but I'm not planning on joining this particular party any time soon. I think I'll sit back and wait until the dust settles around all the season-pass/EULA/updates-breaking-the-CK/modding-on-consoles issues.

It's a fun idea, but I'm not planning on joining this particular party any time soon. I think I'll sit back and wait until the dust settles around all the season-pass/EULA/updates-breaking-the-CK/modding-on-consoles issues.

My sentiments exactly. Things are just too rocky at this time to take modding anything big or complicated have any sort of appeal. Anything big should be held back for a while, imho. At least until the spectre of risk can be substantially reduced.

I'm a race modder primarily. And even there I'm employing great restraint. I don't have anything even conceptualized given the whole character creation process, and the shared skeleton/gender swap issues. No point in it until after some of the impending hurdles are overcome. Otherwise an alternate race would just be a console chopped and inserted thing that I want no part of.

Trykz

I'm interested in seeing what this turns into. (Perhaps being a synth would explain as to why your player character never died by suffocation in the cryogenic chamber.)

For now it essentially does nothing but animate. All I did was make it craftable in the workshop.....

I have a few other projects in the works. But once they're finished I may revisit this thing and see what I can make it do. I'd really like to see it create other things besides gen 3 synths. And I can't really see any reason why it shouldn't be capable of creating most any "living" thing in the gameworld. The vanilla original has one purpose:

visual effect.....

in the Institute lab, it basically creates the exact same g3 synth over and over and over. If I can figure out how to make it "print out" randomly generated versions of a particular race, it could feasibly fill out a sizable settlement in a matter of minutes  ;)

But for now, it's basically a huge piece of animated furniture LOL

Trykz

Out of curiosity, are the consoles around the machine part of the model, or did you add those in to make it look better? The curvature looks about right for the chamber in the Institute, whcih makes me wornder if the consoles come withe the animated synth printer

Out of curiosity, are the consoles around the machine part of the model, or did you add those in to make it look better? The curvature looks about right for the chamber in the Institute, whcih makes me wornder if the consoles come withe the animated synth printer

Yes, they do. But they have no activator function.

So I'd assume that for it to serve any actual purpose, it would first need an activator set up. A custom console that can call from a variety of scripts to change what it outputs would likely be ideal. There are 2(?) markers that accompany it..... the starting marker where the output lies until activated, and a "step up" marker. There may be more, but I haven't researched beyond that much yet.

Trykz

Yes, they do. But they have no activator function.

So I'd assume that for it to serve any actual purpose, it would first need an activator set up. A custom console that can call from a variety of scripts to change what it outputs would likely be ideal.

If nothing else, it would be easy enough to set up an invisible trigger volume as an activator and position it over the control you want to make work. You'd get no animation from the buttons, but that's a minor thing.

What would be cool would be to bolt on the animation for connecting the Pip Boy used for opening vault doors, and then have a custom pip-boy tab to control the options. But knowing how much fuss it was to make custom interfaces in Skyrim, that might be more bother than it's worth.

Part of me wants to D/L the CK just to see what I can do with it. I'm just a bit put off by the EULA and launcher-to-install-a-launcher-to-install-a-launcher nonsense.

Part of me wants to D/L the CK just to see what I can do with it. I'm just a bit put off by the EULA and launcher-to-install-a-launcher-to-install-a-launcher nonsense.

I was too at first. I didn't really care for the whole "connected" to Bethesda.net to use bit at all. Until I figured out that it wasn't necessary. I just run it directly from the FO4 folder. I connect it to Bethesda.net just to keep it updated.

Trykz

• 3 weeks later...

Archived