Skyrim crash on startup? Can someone please help?

Hello everyone!

I have encountered a small (BIG) problem with my skyrim.

When I enter a building and save, the game loads just fine and I can leave the building without problems.

But when I try to load a save whilst the player is located outside, my game straigt up CTD's.

So, I read some posts and found the papyrus script thingy, turned it on and it gave me a shitload of text. I have no idea what all this stuff means.

Does anyone know?

Also, when I load a save whilst the player is located inside and then load the save where the player is outside, it loads just fine.

Im really confused by all of this.

I would like to hear from you guys, thanks in advance!

Greetings, a hopeless skyrim modder

Papyrus.0.log

lol that's a big ass mess. Look like the first thing I see is a DLC error. I got no idea what most of these mean, but make sure the mods you download don't require DLC you don't have, and you did double check and have all required files for other mods? 

I'd download LOOT if I where you and see if that pops up any errors for ya

This also happens to me.

When you directly load an outside save, your game tries to load too many things (because your game is probably is heavily modded) overloads and crashes.

When you load the interior save, Skyrim doesn't load that much and works fine.

After loading that save, most of the game is already loaded which makes it easier to then load the others.

I just made a save in an interior that i can safely load before loading the most recent save.

Does this also happen in a new game?

Because this could also mean that a save is bad.

lol that's a big ass mess. Look like the first thing I see is a DLC error. I got no idea what most of these mean, but make sure the mods you download don't require DLC you don't have, and you did double check and have all required files for other mods? 

I'd download LOOT if I where you and see if that pops up any errors for ya

Hello! thanks for lookling at the file.

I downloaded the unofficial patch legendary edition for skyrim and ran LOOT through my loadorder and that seemed to fix the problem

I have all the dlc and (thought I had) all the required files for the mods.

Somehow, the problem is now solved. Thanks so much for suggesting!

This also happens to me.

When you directly load an outside save, your game tries to load too many things (because your game is probably is heavily modded) overloads and crashes.

After loading that save, most of the game is already loaded which makes it easier to then load the others.

I just made a save in an interior that i can safely load before loading the most recent save.

Does this also happen in a new game?

Because this could also mean that a save is bad.

Hello!

I solved it by installing the unofficial skyrim patch legendary edition and running loot trough my loadorder. This lifted the problem

Try this!

Also, to answer your question, It also happened with a new savefile.

Let me know if it worked!

This also happens to me.

I used to need to do this. Had a naked Nord save set up in qasmoke, and forward-dated so "Continue" would always load it. Those were the days...

I'd recommend anyone do the following, even if there isn't a crashing problem yet.

1: Get NVAC (yes, it's for NV, still works for our game, goes in \Data\SKSE\Plugins)

2: If you don't want to be bothered with editing SKSE's ini to enable its memory allocation features, get SSME (goes in the root \skyrim folder, where the game executable is).

Those two should eliminate most crashes, even loading straight into outdoor cells.

3: Also get ENBoost, if you don't use an ENB preset, since it gets the game much more memory to use via process-spawning shenanigans.

If you do have an ENB preset installed, don't install ENBoost, your preset should already have the memory management patches enabled.

If you have it installed, uninstall Safety Load, since it seems to create more random crashes than it prevents. Stable uGridstoLoad also (probably) doesn't need to be installed if you use SSME or SKSE's memory allocation feature and stick to reasonable (5-9) uGridstoLoad.

Hello!

I solved it by installing the unofficial skyrim patch legendary edition and running loot trough my loadorder. This lifted the problem

Try this!

Also, to answer your question, It also happened with a new savefile.

Let me know if it worked!

This also happens to me.

I used to need to do this. Had a naked Nord save set up in qasmoke, and forward-dated so "Continue" would always load it. Those were the days...

I'd recommend anyone do the following, even if there isn't a crashing problem yet.

1: Get NVAC (yes, it's for NV, still works for our game, goes in \Data\SKSE\Plugins)

2: If you don't want to be bothered with editing SKSE's ini to enable its memory allocation features, get SSME (goes in the root \skyrim folder, where the game executable is).

Those two should eliminate most crashes, even loading straight into outdoor cells.

3: Also get ENBoost, if you don't use an ENB preset, since it gets the game much more memory to use via process-spawning shenanigans.

If you do have an ENB preset installed, don't install ENBoost, your preset should already have the memory management patches enabled.

If you have it installed, uninstall Safety Load, since it seems to create more random crashes than it prevents. Stable uGridstoLoad also (probably) doesn't need to be installed if you use SSME or SKSE's memory allocation feature and stick to reasonable (5-9) uGridstoLoad.

I'll try it.

Thanks.

Archived