Fiddling with Papyrus in FO4[Is it good or not so good?]

Fiddling with inis' is both easy and risky. I've been editing my inis' since I started playing Skyrim on a Low-end PC, I've made tweaks that both improved the performance of the overall game and jeopardize my Low-end Rig and eventually killing it.

After a couple of months and some hard-work, I've earned myself a Mid-range PC that enables me to play TESV, FONV & FO4 @ 60FPS on Very High or sometimes Ultra settings. This though is achieved with some ini tweaking specially with the Papyrus.

Back on TESV, some people pointed out that editing the Papyrus section of your Skyrim / FalloutNV.ini file with no knowledge about the setting at all may cause your game to perform better but ruined it on the long run specially stating the fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS & iMaxAllocatedBytes

This is how my Fallout4's Papyrus section look like with no tweaking whatsoever.

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

this is my Papyrus tweak for Skyrim(Heavily Modded).
[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=2.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=0

Here's a Lengthy explaination on how Papyrus handle games like TESV & Fallout in terms of handling maxallocated memory

The tweaks I made for TESV is to remove that annoying Script lag whenever you have a bunch or mods that generates script, Papyrus can't handle it due to low resources such as weak or low hardware resulting in game breaking delays in mod functionality. I tweaked FONV to have that way since I installed script heavy mods. TBH, the results may differ in every Rig and specs so it's up to you.

So my question is if this tweak in TESV worked out for me. Do I have to Implement it in Fallout4 ?

Since After GECK release for Fallout 4, I bet most mods are in heavy scriptings that will affect the game's load time of scripts and papyrus handling. This will result in mods that requires scripts to function slowly and result in some game breaking scenarios.

If you try to have the max power also with tons on heavy scripted mods then

WHY?

You enable tracing and logging?

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

WHY?

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2016 at 10:22 AM, CPU said:

If you try to have the max power also with tons on heavy scripted mods then

WHY?

You enable tracing and logging?

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

WHY?

There's a big fat guide for new players updated October 2017 here that says it is recommended to have them all on. Yes, I know this post is old, but apparently it's still a relevant issue.

Archived