Animations not working correctly

I have reviewed the pinned Troubleshooting page and followed the instructions down to the point where the advice is to manually remove the FNIS_SexLab[Creature]_Behaviors_hkx file(s). As this issue involves animations not working correctly I thought I might post a request for help at this stage. I include the standard Papyrus.0.log file and another called plugin_list.txt - this contains the full plugin list as sorted by LOOT in Mod Organiser. The versions of the various software being used are also in this file.

During the animation the actors freeze with legs and arms apart (not the classic T shape as the arms still point downward) and both actors end up occupying the same point in space. The sound continues as normal and the actors free up at the end. It seems that issues like this are fairly common albeit caused by a large number of reasons. I would be grateful for any assistance as I've been unable to get Amorous Adventures running properly despite two weeks of effort, many thanks.

Papyrus.0.log

mod_version_list.txt

FNIS_output_v4.txt

plugin_list_v4.txt

post-1125323-0-53767200-1458508802_thumb.png

Use SexLab Matchmaker - a little mod for testing if your setup is working.

Follow the SexLab Install directions carefully.

You need a Body.  Either UNP or CBBE.

You need a skeleton

You need them in the right load order: Body before Skeleton.

You need FNIS

You need to run the FNIS tool to generate the animations.

Your Skeleton Version must be compatible with the FNIS version.  A mis-match means it will not work.

I bolded that because it kind of sounds like you have a body / skeleton issue.

You might try looking at the All in one set-up Mod which will make the correct bodies for you.  It also has links to resources like the correct Skeleton needed.

When SexLab comes up, you need to get into it's MCM and tell it to Install.  You have to actually turn it on.

If you are having trouble with Amorous Adventures specifically (since you specifically reference that Mod), you should post in the Amorous Adventures support topic.  That Mod has very minimal requirements - just sex lab and that's it.  It doesn't need creatures, devious, arousal, Zaz - it's a real plain Jane of a sex mod.

For specific issues with other Sex Mods in your Load Order, try their specific support topics.

I don't know if any of this will help.  Use MatchMaker to test if your set-up.  I get the feeling you have a Body/ FNIS/ Skeleton set-up issue but I'm not an expert on it.  This is really just general advice, I guess.

Thanks!

Hi FoxFingers,

Many thanks for the prompt response. With respect to the issues you have raised I believe I tick most of the boxes. I already use SexLab Matchmaker and the behavior of the animations is the same, indicating that the issue is generic. I've opted for CBBE but the CBBE mod file doesn't appear to have an esp/esm file in it so I can't see a CBBE entry in the plugin list (only one for XPMSE).

You're probably right in your suspicion about some kind of mismatch between FNIS \ CBBE \ XPMSE but I have the latest versions (which I have double checked & de-installed and reinstalled just to make sure).

I've added the papyrus debug file to the original post plus a file called "plugin_list.txt" with the LOOT ordered pluging list and another file called "mod_version_list.txt" with the versions of everything I'm using. I was hoping someone with experience of modding could check out the papyrus file and let me know if there is anything specific I can try as I'm not sure where to go from here - everything else works except the animations.

I'm trying to get AA working first because of it's relative simplicity and quality of scripting and voice acting, so well done!

I cannot speak to the latest versions of XPMSE and FNIS.  I am still happily using FNIS 5.5 and XP32 MSE 3.13.

The thing that throws me, personally, in your list is this line:

XPMSE        v6.1

The latest version I see on the Nexus is 3.77

Maybe someone else will know more about that.

I would urge you to take a look at the All In One body set-up Mod (which is a work of art for setting this up, really) and select "Clams of Skyrim" option which is CBBE.

And once again, that Mod says you need the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, links you to the download page on the Nexus and the latest version I see there is 3.77

XPMSE has it's own list of requirements you need, listed on the page.  Realistic Ragdolls and Force and FNIS 6.1, I think.

Anyways, hope this helps.  (Probably not).  Since I'm not familiar with the versions you are working with, perhaps someone else here will know more.

Thanks!

Hi guys. I have a little problem with animations too. Im using SexLab 1.61b and ZaZ 6.07 so when im using SLEN dialog to have sex with NPC(male/female) (im female character with horse cock addon) some random animation starting and after few seconds ZapSkullFuck animation starts. So any animation is running for few seconds only and then ZapSkullFuck animation overwrites it. Any idea what im doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hello again FoxFingers,

I've checked the "*.7z" file I downloaded for XP32 MSE and it is definitely version 3.77, however the FNIS contains the following lie:

Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

I'm not sure where FNIS gets this value from, perhaps it just a quirk.

Anyway, I have greatly reduced the number of mods in an (unsuccessful) attempt to flush out a conflicting one. However, the list of plugins is now much smaller. Apart from the core mods: SexLab, ZaZ, NSAP, FNIS, SKSE, CBBE & XPMSE I currently only have Amorous Adventures, Immersive Lovers and SexLab Matchmaker. This keeps things quite simple.

I then started a fresh game  - I chose the stormcloak option at the beginning but as soon as I got to Riverwood and attempted to get intimate with Gerdur the exact same animation glitch happened - the actors collide in a frozen pose. Meanwhile the sound continues as normal. Also, the name of the animation appears on the screen at the beginning as I have enabled and registered the various animations in the MCM. 

Further to the point you make about the load order of the BodySlide option (CBBE in my case) and the skeleton, it appears that the CBBE mode file does not contain an ESP / ESM file and therefore has no entry for CBBE in the plugin list. However, there is an entry for XPMSE so I have no way of knowing which is being loaded first, the BodySlide or the skeleton.

I have replaced the original attachments (to the initial post) with four new files, these are:

[1] mod_version_list.txt - contains the version of Skyrim, Mod Organiser and the core mods being used.

[2] plugin_list_v3.txt - contains a list of the LOOT ordered plugin list in Mod Organiser. 

[3] FNIS_output_v3.txt - list the current FNIS output.

[4] papyrus.0.log - the standard debug log for the last play through (a fresh game started from scratch).

I took the time to go through the troubleshooting page before posting this request for assistance and a key requirement was the papyrus debug log file. I was hoping that a mod developer could take a look at this file as it makes no sense to me I'm afraid.

Once again many thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.

OK, I'll try my best here but after this I probably can't be any further help.

First, and this is just a general best practice, run an Un-Modded game until you get out of Helgen and get to Riverwood.  Then save game there.  Then add your Mods and save that.

It's good to have a clean start save that's past Helgen.

OK, so that aside, I use Mod Organizer.  I don't know what you use.  I recommend Mod Organizer.

post-364691-0-62478400-1458433968_thumb.jpg

See the Left Side Pane?  That is also your Load Order.

Textures, meshes ... those kinds of things do not need an .ESP.  However their Order is still critical on the Left Hand pane because that is the Order they load in.

CBBE does not require a ESP.  It is bodies (meshes) and textures.

Order on Left Side pane

HDT

FNIS

Body

Skeleton (XP)

post-364691-0-17291700-1458434218_thumb.jpg

The All In One Pussy is, well yes a Pussy, but also a complete CBBE (or UNP) Body and texture system.  It doesn't require an ESP on the Right Pane but it's order is still critical on the Left pane.

I'm going to recommend you try using FNIS 6.1 and whatever the latest XPMSE is. 3.77 I guess.  Clearly I'm stuck in the past in my load order as you can see.  Fnis 5.5 and 6.x are both available for download still as far as I know.

XPMS is something I put way the hell down at the end of my load order in both the Right and Left pane.

Once you have all that, run the FNIS tool.  Personally, I have all my tools set-up in Mod Organizer.

post-364691-0-18364900-1458434219_thumb.jpg

And now, in theory, it should all work.

I cannot give you any specific advice, really, on what issue you seem to be running into.  I can only show you what I do, which I've tried to do, and I've never had any problems.

Hope that helps!

OK, I'll try my best here but after this I probably can't be any further help.

First, and this is just a general best practice, run an Un-Modded game until you get out of Helgen and get to Riverwood.  Then save game there.  Then add your Mods and save that.

It's good to have a clean start save that's past Helgen.

Alternative: Use Alternate start-Live another live. That way you can start a new game and skip the intro, some few (quest)mods demand a new game.

OK, so that aside, I use Mod Organizer.  I don't know what you use.  I recommend Mod Organizer.

attachicon.gifmod_organizer1.jpg

See the Left Side Pane?  That is also your Load Order.

Just to prevent misunderstandigs: that's not entirely true (in MO). Load order is always the right side, left side is install order, and it's quite easy that there is a difference if you disable and enable a mod the load order right will change while the left side remains the same. However, XPMSE should be the last one on both sides except a mod says explicit something else. MO also tells you sometimes about conflicts on the left side after using LOOT which changes only the right side.

Textures, meshes ... those kinds of things do not need an .ESP.  However their Order is still critical on the Left Hand pane because that is the Order they load in.

CBBE does not require a ESP.  It is bodies (meshes) and textures.

Order on Left Side pane

HDT

FNIS

Body

Skeleton (XP)

attachicon.gifmod_organizer2.jpg

The All In One Pussy is, well yes a Pussy, but also a complete CBBE (or UNP) Body and texture system.  It doesn't require an ESP on the Right Pane but it's order is still critical on the Left pane.

I'm going to recommend you try using FNIS 6.1 and whatever the latest XPMSE is. 3.77 I guess.  Clearly I'm stuck in the past in my load order as you can see.  Fnis 5.5 and 6.x are both available for download still as far as I know.

XPMS is something I put way the hell down at the end of my load order in both the Right and Left pane.

Once you have all that, run the FNIS tool.  Personally, I have all my tools set-up in Mod Organizer.

attachicon.gifmod_organizer3.jpg

And now, in theory, it should all work.

I cannot give you any specific advice, really, on what issue you seem to be running into.  I can only show you what I do, which I've tried to do, and I've never had any problems.

Hope that helps!

everything else: ACK :)

Thanks once again FoxFingers, I've taken all that on but no luck, the animations glitch as before. I've now deinstalled Amorous Adventures and am only using SexLab Matchmaker. I think I'll close this thread and start a fresh one based on all the info you have supplied. 

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...