Armor Mod idea

Monsto Brukes

Here's some low-detail shots from the anime Kemeko

post-37623-0-31432300-1455693240_thumb.pngpost-37623-0-82568400-1455693241_thumb.pngpost-37623-0-95508900-1455693242_thumb.pngpost-37623-0-90762300-1455693243_thumb.png

The specific element idea is the thought is the shape of the bustier and thigh pieces being generally unique thus far.

The more abstract element idea is to use the look of an implant. Rather than something that's been strapped onto the body like combat armor, it has the appearance of being part of the skin, embedded a bit, perhaps a bit raised . . . like the ports on Neo in The Matrix, or the pieces on 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager. Things like cheek implants instead of glasses, bicep implants instead of shoulder armor, etc.

The pics show a kinda "high tech" look like something the institute might do 4th gen, but earlier institute stuff would be clunkier, like real-world earth knee/elbow braces, or like pieces from Valentine's head/arms.

That's all. Just a thought I thought I'd throw out there. I can do texturing if anyone is interested.

just echo what alucrad90 said, implant probably require you to screw around with CBBE normal map and texture just to get that scar look, 

post-50667-0-37635800-1456119537_thumb.jpg

but, making the outfit from your pictures is not impossible, here is a rough blockout. Let me know if you are interested, I can TRY to make a better one with bigger boob/thinner tight body. :)

post-50667-0-99139000-1456119791_thumb.jpg

just echo what alucrad90 said, implant probably require you to screw around with CBBE normal map and texture just to get that scar look, 

but, making the outfit from your pictures is not impossible, here is a rough blockout. Let me know if you are interested, I can TRY to make a better one with bigger boob/thinner tight body. :)

Your first pic is of course optimal. The original idea wasn't considering that tho specifically because of what you said. 

Your 2nd pic is a nice block out as it quickly states the idea.

While looking at it , I realize that the outfit could be built as you show there, with the addition of a gradiated edge that has the fleshy parts. For example, take your pic one and build the outfit-piece as not just the button part, but with enough additional space around the button for the inflammation/scarring. By applying alpha graduating on the edges, the texturing can blend with the surrounding surface of the base mesh.

[edit] and the more I look at your 2nd pic, the more I hate my life. Well done. 

• 4 weeks later...

I keep coming back to this. 

You promised nothing, I expect nothing.

However, if you're interested to work on it more, I would do the texture work to complete the outfit . . . if you're interested in pursuing it.

If you're not interested, that's fine too . . . at least the idea is here for future generations to benefit from.

However, if you're interested to work on it more, I would do the texture work to complete the outfit . . . if you're interested in pursuing it.

If you're not interested, that's fine too . . . at least the idea is here for future generations to benefit from.

I nuked my system when I upgraded from win7 to win10 2 week ago and didn't back up that file. So, it's gone. :(

sorry. 

I nuked my system when I upgraded from win7 to win10 2 week ago and didn't back up that file. So, it's gone. :(

sorry. 

No worries. thanks for doing the original blockout.

Archived