Construction Set Extender is not working

I installed a mod that makes the Construction Set more user friendly called Construction Set Extender. I have all of the necessary things installed, yet when I boot up Construction Set using the "CSE batch file" (as instructed by the mod author in the read me) I see no changes to the CS.

All I'm trying to do at the moment is search for things like I can in Creation Kit for Skyrim, or the GECK for Fallout 3/New Vegas.

It does look the same.

It is "more user friendly"  = much less crashes.

And you can compile and save OBSE Scripts ( nearly all Lovers Mods use OBSE commands in the scripts )

! many people still use the CSE 51. Less requirements, very stable.

And you can use it with OBSE 21, see my yellow Link below.

It does look the same.

It is "more user friendly"  = much less crashes.

And you can compile and save OBSE Scripts ( nearly all Lovers Mods use OBSE commands in the scripts )

! many people still use the CSE 51. Less requirements, very stable.

And you can use it with OBSE 21, see my yellow Link below.

Ok that answers some of the questions I had. I was a little confused by the pictures on the mod page, since they showed access to an item filter and stuff like that.

I followed your instructions in the link, but when I get to this part

"Since CSE is an OBSE plugin, the CS must be run through the OBSE loader

You know you need the OBSE_Loader.exe ( yes also with a Steam Oblivion Version), Create a Desktop shortcut, right click and click properties and rename the desktop Icon path to .....\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor
 post-3205-0-93384700-1409955921_thumb.jp can show you only a german Version, sorry.
After the " must be a space then -Editor

You can also use CSE51 with OBSE21 by adding -oldinject to obse_loader.    \Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject

With OBSE the CS recompile  new OBSE scripts."

I get this

post-145287-0-59165100-1455647683_thumb.jpg

I think those features came in later versions like 6.xxx or 7.xxx.

I was using the latest version and of CSE and it wasn't working. Unless you meant to say earlier and not later.

"item filter and stuff like that" are not in version 51 ( varenne and I use ESE 51)

The instruction you posted is for Version 51 with OBSE21 ( and i think one of the first 6x versions ) You are right the new versions must be started with CSE batch file.

I must correct my yellow Link page.

I just tried this method

"You can also use CSE51 with OBSE21 by adding -oldinject to obse_loader.    \Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject"

And the Construction Set loads and then crashes every time with some kind of "console window" that wasn't showing up before.

But that shows some progress I guess.

You use CSE51 ?

installed CS v1.2

install CSE51

You have the  OBSE_Loader.exe in you Oblivion folder ?

Create a Desktop shortcut

rename the desktop Icon path to .....\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject

! space between " and - and r and -

# = space

obse_loader.exe"#-Editor#-oldinject

Yes CSE51 has a console window ( think version 6x and 7x also have one )

post-3205-0-56480800-1455653856_thumb.jpg you see if it has loaded right.

I use the CSE without CS 1.0 ( you only need CS 1.0 for  creating lip sync files.) That's why I have the error message in the console "Couldn't load CS 1.0! "

You use CSE51 ?

installed CS v1.2

install CSE51

You have the  OBSE_Loader.exe in you Oblivion folder ?

Create a Desktop shortcut

rename the desktop Icon path to .....\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject

! space between " and - and r and -

# = space

obse_loader.exe"#-Editor#-oldinject

Yes CSE51 has a console window ( think version 6x and 7x also have one )

attachicon.gifcse.jpg you see if it has loaded right.

I use the CSE without CS 1.0 ( you only need CS 1.0 for  creating lip sync files.) That's why I have the error message in the console "Couldn't load CS 1.0! "

I was using CSE51, but switched back to the most current version with hopes of getting *it* working when I heard version 51 apparently doesn't have the features I'm looking for (or does it?).

I'm running CS v1.2

I just reinstalled CSE51 and made the edits to the OBSE loader that you posted here and the CS loads but when the console window loads it crashes, or it tells me I have to close the program.

UPDATE: Ok, I removed the "TESConstructionSetOld" file (I'm assuming that's what you meant by "CS v0.1") and now it loads without crashing.

I have Win7 , OBSE21 and CS1.2 and CSE51

------------------------------------------------------------------

First cleaning ! delete all CS and CSE files !

Have you uninstalled the CSE7 ?

Also the files in data\OBSE\Plugins\   ?

Construction Set Extender.dll  and in folder ComponentDLLs the CSE folder

Have you uninstalled the CS and all files ?

And the CS ini ( it's not in the game folder ! it is in  My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\   )

---------------------------------------------------------

Download CS 1.2  http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/The_Elder_Scrolls_Construction_Set

There are two version, you need Version 1.2 not 1.0

------------------------------

Installation:

Install CS 1.2 ( Oblivion folder )

Then install CSE 51

The yellow part you don't need ! ! ! !  ignore it  ! ! !

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's folder.

2. Extract Construction Set v1.0’s executable from its installer into the game’s root directory and rename it as ‘TESConstructionSetOld.exe’. [The installer can be downloaded separately from the CS wiki]

3. Open the ‘ConstructionSet.ini’ file in your ‘Documents\My Games\Oblivion’ directory and set the ‘bAllowMultipleEditors’ key’s value to ‘1’.

Instructions #2 and #3 need to be carried out only if the lip sync tool is sought after.

So you don't need step 2 and 3 ! simply install CSE and create a OBSE_loder.exe shortcut and rename the path.

!! NO CHANGES IN THE ConstructionSet.ini  !!!!!

OBSE21

With Steam Oblivion you normally  don't have the OBSE_Loader.exe installed.

But you need it. Check your Oblivion folder or unpack the OBSE.7z and copy paste the OBSE_Loader.exe in your Oblivion folder ( not the data folder )

Then create a Desktop shortcut, right click and click properties and rename the desktop Icon path to .....\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject

Start CSE with the OBSE_Loader.exe  Desktop shortcut.

Yeah, if you upgraded to 6 or 7 CSE it's a bit tricky to go back to 5. Got to manually delete some stuff as I recall.

Why is is that any item I select in the render window is not selected in the menu below the render window like in the skyrim CK?

Forget about comparing Skyrim CK to Oblivion CS, two totally different animals.

You can select an item in the menu or area item list and it should then select it in the render window. I don't recall it working the other way around.

The way I normally work is to find the item I'm wanting to edit or work with; NPC, Clothing, Armor, etc., then right click it to open the useage window. Mouse clicking that opens the render area in the render window.

You more than likely will need to develop a new workflow for using CSE. The very first CS started with Morrowind, and wasn't much improved on with Oblivion. Skyrim CK was a reworking of that original concept.

• 1 year later...

Not sure what the Item filter is, doubt I've ever used it. I use 5.1 or 5.2 I forget which. Tried 6.xx but never 7. There are issues with not being able to resize the Quest Editing window so I went back 5.

Varenne, if you are still around..I had this exact same problem. It was caused by my adjusting the desktop DPI setting. Resetting it back to 100% (default) fixed this issue.

Archived