Unable to Access Wall Decorations due to CTD

lrk19

I'm completely unable to use wall decorations (or anything to the right of them in the menu) due to the game crashing whenever I scroll over the category. I've tried a few things, including disabling all mods that affect settlements or paintings and deleting configuration files, but nothing has worked so far. Does anyone know what would cause this before I completely disable all of my mods (which I prefer to avoid if possible)? Thanks.

Wall decorations can be a normal re-texture of the wall decoration.

In this case just delete the lose files, and you should be all set.

In case they were explicitly added as new objects then you should try to remove the mod that adds them.

Wall decorations can be a normal re-texture of the wall decoration.

In this case just delete the lose files, and you should be all set.

In case they were explicitly added as new objects then you should try to remove the mod that adds them.

I seem to have fucked up my game messing around with the configuration files just now, but before that it still wasn't working after uninstalling all mods which affected settlements and/or clutter. I'm gonna fix my game and try uninstalling everything and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Try disable/uninstalling all mods that add items to the category, then go into your FO4/Data/Meshes and delete the related folders. Alternately, you can go through your mod list, download all of them again and install their assets manually. The crash issue in the settlement build interface is usually due to missing meshes relating to one of the installed mods. Sometimes during installation the mod managers fail to install all of a mods assets and you get a ctd when trying to access them.

Archived