Xbox One Controller Problems (Help please, pretty please)

Yes I know LL is not the best place to ask this but I cant seem to get my controller to work on my laptop and it is a casual part of my Skyrim as I need it to capture my story stuff and camera angels are much easier for me with a controller. Yes I asked Microsoft for help but he wasn't very helpful so im hoping you guys are much better.

Ok so I installed the Driver for the Xbox One Controller but its keep telling me theirs a problem with it and I have uninstalled it and re-installed it a few times. Look at the screenshots to see if you can see what gone wrong or what I need to fix it. Please help me your my only hope

tumblr_o1d7j06T7S1ubpgn6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1bzq1P4R91ubpgn6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1bzq1P4R91ubpgn6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1d7j06T7S1ubpgn6o2_1280.png

Wish I could help you since I do have an Xbox One controller working for Skyrim, but I'm also on a Windows 10 machine which, literally, it was plug and play for me. From your screenshots I can see that you're using an older version of Windows, possibly Windows 7 if I had to guess, and I think there's a bit more of an involved process to properly setting up the Xbox One controller there. With that said, have you followed the directions exactly as listed here? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

There are some relevant details we'd need to know first, like your exact operating system and version and what brand of controller you use. Since XBOX is Microsoft brand, most such controllers are literally just plug-and-play now without the need for drivers. Unfortunately Microsoft has also turned tyrannical in forcing desktop and laptop users to upgrade to Windows 10. They don't offer updates for previous versions and any technical support available will be severely limited now. It's to the point that if it isn't Windows 10 or a portable OS, users are SOL.

If you do need to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8/8.1, take some friendly professional advice: take it to a tech shop (not Geek Squad if you have a choice!) where trained people can do it. The two systems are so radically different there will be numerous problems that will need tech support to fix. Even upgrading from Vista or Windows 7 is a major headache.

There are some relevant details we'd need to know first, like your exact operating system and version and what brand of controller you use. Since XBOX is Microsoft brand, most such controllers are literally just plug-and-play now without the need for drivers. Unfortunately Microsoft has also turned tyrannical in forcing desktop and laptop users to upgrade to Windows 10. They don't offer updates for previous versions and any technical support available will be severely limited now. It's to the point that if it isn't Windows 10 or a portable OS, users are SOL.

If you do need to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8/8.1, take some friendly professional advice: take it to a tech shop (not Geek Squad if you have a choice!) where trained people can do it. The two systems are so radically different there will be numerous problems that will need tech support to fix. Even upgrading from Vista or Windows 7 is a major headache.

Ok sure im using Windows 7 Home premium  It was fine until I tried to upgrade to windows 10 only the update failed so now it wont work. Also remove something so now Windows media player wont work either so Im thinking that could be related and im using an Xbox One Controller wireless with a Xbox One Charger wire which is plugged into the controller and the other end is in my laptop.

Sorry to tell you this but you joined millions of others who have had their computers ruined by Microsoft's idiocy. A failed Win 10 upgrade all but destroys a computer's functionality and things will only get worse over time. Since new games will require Win 10 to run in the near-future, and there won't be any fixes or updates for previous versions, the only real solution is to have a computer shop install it for you. Be sure to backup your own files first since that will entail a reformat.

Ok sure im using Windows 7 Home premium  It was fine until I tried to upgrade to windows 10 only the update failed so now it wont work. Also remove something so now Windows media player wont work either so Im thinking that could be related and im using an Xbox One Controller wireless with a Xbox One Charger wire which is plugged into the controller and the other end is in my laptop.

Had same problem back when i tried to upgrade to win10.

I followed this link here and then i managed to upgrade easily.

Archived