Sentient Power Armor (S.P.A.) - Custom race idea

xenic

Not sure how a character select would work but there would be the option to be male or female.

Just a thought...

You would go through character selection as per game, but when you are unfrozen, your capsule fails and, instead of coming out a "human", our intellect is "downloaded" into a mainframe. Mixed with an AI, you become the said above suit.

Or your brain is extracted and placed in a machine... since this was "a strange experiment" vault, that experimented with robot-ai mix.

This is not completely lore-unfriendly too, since in Fallout BOS game your brain can be part of the supercomputer.

I really like this idea! =)

Not sure how a character select would work but there would be the option to be male or female.

Just a thought...

You would go through character selection as per game, but when you are unfrozen, your capsule fails and, instead of coming out a "human", our intellect is "downloaded" into a mainframe. Mixed with an AI, you become the said above suit.

Or your brain is extracted and placed in a machine... since this was "a strange experiment" vault, that experimented with robot-ai mix.

This is not completely lore-unfriendly too, since in Fallout BOS game your brain can be part of the supercomputer.

I really like this idea! =)

Complete failure prompted the download and subsequent upload into the only available device able to hold the info. The upload to the institute failed. :). The rest is your quest to become more human.. :D. OH.. might have even been a failsafe placed by Shawn to keep his mother/father safe with the aging systems. You know since he could upload you into a Synth body.  Or... could have been the "backup" that was mentioned by Kellogg..

Oh.. dam.. others from the same vault could have had the same happen to them.. Imagine meeting a toaster..at the institute and finding out it was one of your neighbors that did horrible things after his upload.. lol.

Lots of good things can be cone with this concept.

Just a thought...

This is pretty much what I said earlier only with brain extraction added on. :P

What about an alternate start where the player is transferred into the power armour suit as an A.I.? A variation where the PC is actually killed during the cryogenic process and is instead transferred into a remote body.

The technology already seems to exist in Fallout 4's lore, it could also be extended lorewise into a full body swapping mechanic where the player could take over synth or robotic bodies.  

It could be pretty fun making a full brand new perk tree if the eventual modding tools support it. 

This is certainly one way to go about it and multiple people have brought it up now in one form or another....

I think I may go in a way similar to this. Maybe a vote later.

I think it would be really awesome if there was a version like the mechs from titanfall so the suit follows you around controlled by AI but you can climb in at any time and the control of it switches over to you. EDIT:Just realized the mod I want already exists :D

xenic, the bit about the armor equipping Nora's face made me wonder about her/it actually thinking she's a completely normal human, but stuck inside a PA suit she can't get out of. After meeting someone who can help her take it off, they come to the realization that she IS the suit. I dunno, just throwing an idea out there for you. Any way you look at it, it's a great idea, hope to see it come to life one of these days.

xenic, the bit about the armor equipping Nora's face made me wonder about her/it actually thinking she's a completely normal human, but stuck inside a PA suit she can't get out of. After meeting someone who can help her take it off, they come to the realization that she IS the suit. I dunno, just throwing an idea out there for you. Any way you look at it, it's a great idea, hope to see it come to life one of these days.

That sounds good as well.

The idea and all the options are great ideas provided it can and is done. There are so many options and story lines to explore with this idea. It is a very unique and great idea that I hope is fulfilled in one form of another when the CK is released for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty cool idea. It reminds me of an idea I had while playing FO4 of power armor trapping people inside and raping them. Maybe harvesting their energy through sex as a replacement for fusion cores. A...techubus?

But seriously, I'd use this mod with or without sex, it's just such a cool concept, I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of this.

Guest Mogie56

It could actually be done sort of like Curie but instead of finding a secret vault with a Miss Nanny the player could actually find the suit somewhere inside Vault 111 and upon inserting a fusion core found elsewhere in the vault the player enters the suit at which time an automated process is activated and the mind of the player is transfered giving the A.I self awareness.(waking up) during the process the players body is transformed into a Synth-like frame and over time a skin like shell is grown over the frame inside the suit. similar to Isaac Clarke's self sealing armored space suit. (Deadspace)  which will take the player time to find the biological material to actually grow the skin. until that time the player is "locked" inside the Suit. Otherwise he or she would be contaminated and purged from the suit, Only the mind is kept from the player to continue a search for another body or willing individual. (Kellogg) maybe. since his head sort of goes missing :) . which would then give the player a way out of the suit for a short time for the Memory Lounger scene. Then back into the suit and the process begins again only on Kellogg's body (gender swapping if needed). and possibly at some point toward the end of the game the player finds out that the suit was also an experiment by Vault-Tec at which time you can be released from the suit or continue. Of course a Sextech version would mean either gender could enter the suit and the only material needed for the re-bodifacation process (Skin) would be the release of male or female bodily fluids which would require a certain amount of sexy time with the suit itself, if male enters the appropriate receptacle would be administered as with a female entering the appropriate appendage would be then inserted. But just like the Cryolator the suit could be another entry on the computer explaining everything that would be required of the individual entering the suit, it's advantages to the wearer but nothing about it's yet unknown sacrifices of the wearer and what the wearer would be giving up (his or her human form) only to regain a human like form at a later point in time. "The Process".

How about you make it a quest the triggers after you go to a location(The location can be anywhere[but it would be best if it were in.. a secluded area]).

I believe it will be better than trying to make a it a custom race(I dont know if you can make custom races since we only have 1 race by default in-game)

For a sort of lore-friendly way of letting players use other PA, what about letting the AI remote into other frames? For example, you could have the player craft an upgrade (or give them the upgrade through the questline) that when installed, would allow them to essentially "forward" themselves into other frames (through radio waves, does the Fallout universe have Wi-Fi?).

Armor obviously has some kind of rudimentary computer in it, the upgrade would just allow the character to take over this computer and issue commands to it, sort of like how SSH works in the real world. It would give you a way of writing around not being able to turn off the ability to go into power armor.

You might be able to change what the frames take as a power source too (use a fusion core, some optics and other bits to make a "receiver")

• 1 month later...

Archived