Wet Rock Cave (Smexy Bandit Project) WIP

EinarrTheRed

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2016 at 2:10 PM, EinarrTheRed said:

Meanwhile I'm continuing to work on developing Smexy Bandits.  I've run into a snag developing the template system the way I wanted due to a limitation in the way CK will let me place multiple leveled lists in a single hierarchy.  What I need to be able to do is create a base template, plug a LOT of those into a leveled list, then plug that into a series of templates that end in a set of 6 leveled templates that get plugged into another leveled list which gets plugged into the leveled map encounter marker.  But for reasons I don't understand Bethesda placed a restriction in CK that doesn't allow this.  So I've got to find an alternate method of doing what I need to do to make Smexy Bandits work the way it needs to and not end up being 10Gbs in size.

curious to hear if you ever found you're way around that "limitation" by bethesda working with pretty bandits as the pahe users have asked me to look into obis problems with it(it being pahe, they have issues getting the leveled actorbase of obis). looks to me like obis encountered the same issues you're describing and tried to work around it with form lists, but looking at what they've done and comparing it to your work with pretty bandits, it looks like it would have been better to organize the bandits into sublists for each bandit group in the same way you already described as a method to label bandit groups on the previous page here...would be a much larger hierarchy than what you have in pretty bandits and even bigger than vanilla skyrim hierarchy....But if there's not another limitation on how big the hierarchy goes, could be the solution to wet rock as well as obis

lol, i'm working on so many mod patches atm i might have to split them into thri own thread like you did with the more bandits patch....my original intention was on putting them in the pahe thread, but without an installer for it, that'd cause more confusion ?

long way down the road from fixing what i poked into obis for and thinking i may have bit off more than i can chew...(as in maybe do-able, but the number of npc's added by obis would likely take years to put into proper leveled lists)

if you don't mind, i'd like to quote the above as my current theory on what needs to be done to fix problems they're having with obis. still haven't decided how much i'm willing to put into obis before attempting to build leveled lists for it and move it from patch status to a revamp and how much i want to put into that before getting back to pahe...ya, i know plenty that needs to be done to pahe without branching to other sub-mods

Archived