Bodyslide / Outfit Studio Conversion Help Please

Vyxenne

I have read several of the Bodyslide 2 / Outfit Studio tutorials and found one that looks like it might be about how to convert armor from one body type to another.

I have a mod called Kaw's Claws. There is also an older version with longer, more-pointed nails. Both mods are polished, colored fingernails, designed for CBBE bodies.

I have a UUNP-Special (Zeroed sliders) body installed by HeroedeLeyenda's glorious All-In-One UUNP HDT Animated Pussy mod.

I have wrist seams (actually, gaps) when I equip these nails, which is always. I wish to convert both versions of Kaw's Claws from CBBE to UUNP-Special to eliminate the gaps in third-person views and first-person views. Both body types are included as reference bodies in Outfit Studio 2.

Each color of Kaw's Claws has 2 NIFs- a _0 one and a _1 one. This makes for a lot of NIFs to be converted, so I was hoping to find a way to batch-convert them. Sadly, none of the tutorials I have found so far addresses that, or if they do, it's in language that I do not understand- such as calling converted armors "bodyslides" which seems to me the same as calling a car a "haystack" - it simply does not compute. So, I have resigned myself to the daunting prospect of manually converting each and every one of the mesh files included in Kaw's Claws.

Following the "Guide 3" tutorial, which seemed to be the only one that mentioned "converting armors," I opened Outfit Studio, selected "Unified UNP Special" from the drop down list of included reference bodies, then hit "Next" and loaded one of the Kaw's Claws meshes. The first point of confusion trying to follow the tutorials is that I have TWO NIFs, _0 and _1, for each color of nails, and the tutorial doesn't seem to mention which of the two to load. So I took a shot in the dark and loaded the _0 one.

At this point, I had a body and 10 little spots of color hanging in thin air below the arm stumps. There was a hand mesh (CBBE, as expected) listed on the right, but not visible in OS. Having read about the displaced mesh bug in OS, I zoomed out and discovered the CBBE Hands hanging in midair about 10 feet above the neck of the body. So, I moved them down to an approximation of where they should go, then spent 45 minutes or so trying to align them with the nails AND with the arm stumps at the same time, without success. So, I had to try to align them with EITHER the body OR the nails, but not both. I tossed a mental coin and finally decided to align them with the nails since that is what the Kaw's Claws mod is all about. Predictably, this resulted in large wrist gaps. *cry*

And that's where I ran out of tutorial and ideas at the same time. I can't find any part of any of the tutorials that tells me what to do next, or that tells me what to do when meshes don't align.

Here is how far along I got, and where I had to quit for lack of a clue how to fix the gaps and/or batch-convert all of the Kaw's Claws meshes from CBBE to my UUNP-Special body.

OutfitStudioHandMeshMisalign_zpswgwgfwu3

Obviously, I am a complete noob at this. I'm not blaming the tutorial, because I think I selected the wrong one to try to follow. I feel certain that there already is a tutorial somewhere that directly addresses "Convert armor from one OS-included body type to another OS-included body type" instead of the "any type to any type" which assumes that neither body type is already included in OS, making the instructions inapplicable to what I'm trying to do.

Alternatively, it would really be great if someone who has a clue (unlike myself) would just convert Kaw's Claws to UUNP-Special and make me (and maybe many others) very happy.

Thanks.

So without going nuts...

IE separating each Nail via careful ZAP sliders to then individually place each one of them onto the position that I would expect them....Entirely possible but this means 10 ZAP sliders for this model.

I have not run the hand with nails through Meshrigger so right not its a UNP hand with nails that are CBBE Hand Weighted.....might be fine don't know didn't check

Anyway

When your going to convert stuff

Just remove the _0 and go shit....Your not going to work on those only working on _1's

There's a lot too it sure but I don't have time to re-invent the tutorials...Im working on something else anyways in Outfit Studio at the moment.

For stuff that is hands you want to use hands not body.

post-79263-0-51478300-1451597774_thumb.png

post-79263-0-04343800-1451597792_thumb.png

uunp hand.nif

post-79263-0-54291900-1451598048_thumb.png

I know all about how long it takes to make a decent set of conversions...

I just spent a good chunk of time converting Latex Corset for possible use in a Devious Device Mod.

Also I've worked through the contents of Newmillers Experimental Latex....Left the bikini with the Circle Ring for last.....I'm dreading that I have to make a throw away Project to separate the one ring so that I can then Conform all but the ring between the boobs to the form....

So that means altering the straps on either side of the Ring for each form that changes boob placement about 70 sliders....

I don't think anyone would appreciate the amount of time that will represent.

So pretty much considering stopping at this point....Meshrigging what I have and posting it calling it a day.

I have read several of the Bodyslide 2 / Outfit Studio tutorials and found one that looks like it might be about how to convert armor from one body type to another.

I have a mod called Kaw's Claws. There is also an older version with longer, more-pointed nails. Both mods are polished, colored fingernails, designed for CBBE bodies.

I have a UUNP-Special (Zeroed sliders) body installed by HeroedeLeyenda's glorious All-In-One UUNP HDT Animated Pussy mod.

I have wrist seams (actually, gaps) when I equip these nails, which is always. I wish to convert both versions of Kaw's Claws from CBBE to UUNP-Special to eliminate the gaps in third-person views and first-person views. Both body types are included as reference bodies in Outfit Studio 2.

Each color of Kaw's Claws has 2 NIFs- a _0 one and a _1 one. This makes for a lot of NIFs to be converted, so I was hoping to find a way to batch-convert them. Sadly, none of the tutorials I have found so far addresses that, or if they do, it's in language that I do not understand- such as calling converted armors "bodyslides" which seems to me the same as calling a car a "haystack" - it simply does not compute. So, I have resigned myself to the daunting prospect of manually converting each and every one of the mesh files included in Kaw's Claws.

Following the "Guide 3" tutorial, which seemed to be the only one that mentioned "converting armors," I opened Outfit Studio, selected "Unified UNP Special" from the drop down list of included reference bodies, then hit "Next" and loaded one of the Kaw's Claws meshes. The first point of confusion trying to follow the tutorials is that I have TWO NIFs, _0 and _1, for each color of nails, and the tutorial doesn't seem to mention which of the two to load. So I took a shot in the dark and loaded the _0 one.

At this point, I had a body and 10 little spots of color hanging in thin air below the arm stumps. There was a hand mesh (CBBE, as expected) listed on the right, but not visible in OS. Having read about the displaced mesh bug in OS, I zoomed out and discovered the CBBE Hands hanging in midair about 10 feet above the neck of the body. So, I moved them down to an approximation of where they should go, then spent 45 minutes or so trying to align them with the nails AND with the arm stumps at the same time, without success. So, I had to try to align them with EITHER the body OR the nails, but not both. I tossed a mental coin and finally decided to align them with the nails since that is what the Kaw's Claws mod is all about. Predictably, this resulted in large wrist gaps. *cry*

And that's where I ran out of tutorial and ideas at the same time. I can't find any part of any of the tutorials that tells me what to do next, or that tells me what to do when meshes don't align.

Here is how far along I got, and where I had to quit for lack of a clue how to fix the gaps and/or batch-convert all of the Kaw's Claws meshes from CBBE to my UUNP-Special body.

Obviously, I am a complete noob at this. I'm not blaming the tutorial, because I think I selected the wrong one to try to follow. I feel certain that there already is a tutorial somewhere that directly addresses "Convert armor from one OS-included body type to another OS-included body type" instead of the "any type to any type" which assumes that neither body type is already included in OS, making the instructions inapplicable to what I'm trying to do.

Alternatively, it would really be great if someone who has a clue (unlike myself) would just convert Kaw's Claws to UUNP-Special and make me (and maybe many others) very happy.

Thanks.

hey you/

So without going nuts...

IE separating each Nail via careful ZAP sliders to then individually place each one of them onto the position that I would expect them....Entirely possible but this means 10 ZAP sliders for this model.

I have not run the hand with nails through Meshrigger so right not its a UNP hand with nails that are CBBE Hand Weighted.....might be fine don't know didn't check

Anyway

When your going to convert stuff

Just remove the _0 and go shit....Your not going to work on those only working on _1's

There's a lot too it sure but I don't have time to re-invent the tutorials...Im working on something else anyways in Outfit Studio at the moment.

For stuff that is hands you want to use hands not body.

OK, thanks, good to know that I should load just the UNP hands as reference shapes (the tutorials all said to load the body) and that I only have to deal with the _1 nifs from the Kaw's Claws. Not sure what the rest of this means, though... looked up "zap slider" and my head exploded. I hate it when that happens...

Thanks for the file you uploaded, I grabbed it, but of course I have no idea what to do with it. Please understand- I have never, ever, opened Bodyslide or Outfit Studio until a couple of days ago. I really have no idea what to do with them unless I'm following a step-by-step tutorial. As I mentioned, I have not found one that addresses what I'm trying to do.

All I know is I'm trying to eliminate my wrist gaps while wearing these nails.

Thanks.

hey you/

Um, hey there. (????)

Archived