Start with Cannibalism perk as a Bosmer

View File

Hey guy's. Aren't you tired of not being lorefriendly as a Bosmer when starting a new game?
While i am!
This is why i made this mod for myself and perhaps other people (else i wouldn't have uploaded it lol).
While there are a lot of good mods that add onto the vanilla cannibalism perk, there wasn't really one that actually gave it for free to the Bosmer at the start of the game already.
I fixed that for you (hopefully) with this mod.

Basically whaty it does is actually what you can do without this mod by using the console command and add the perk that way. This just adds it from the start so that you don't have to type it into the console like usual.

Atleast that is what it was supposed to do but apparently a perk is not the same as a spell so it won't register. That's why i made a batch for it which is called CannBos. That way you can still use it ingame. (and this upload isn't a waste of space). You have to remove the .esp too btw.

To install:
- Unzip the archive to your data folder
- You can try using NMM for this but i doubt it will do it the right way.

To activate:
- Open console
- Type "bat CannBos" (without quotations)
- You should see something like: "player.addperk..." in the console. That means it works
- Now enjoy the taste of...THE DEAD! :D

I hope you can still enjoy this "mod"
So have a good day.

edit: DAMMIT! I did it again! Ok, i forgot to set the bat file to .txt . It should work now (i hope)

@ OP..

Keep in trying you will start to get the hang of it.

Thanks I haven't thought about even adding that perk to the beginning. might be something interesting to play out. Really would fit with one of the future quest where you are "found out" about your desires.. :D

As far as the comment about taking up an esp.. something as simple as this can be added or merged to a "patch" esp that is used by most experienced users.

Finally...nom nom nom.txt

for most things like this it might be better to add it as a bat file. use the command prompt an type nom nom nom.. :D. and you are a cannibal. Op, you can name it anything you like. The entry into the bat file is based off of spoonsinger's command posted above havne't tested it out but the idea is the same. You can also add some other tweaks that would make this better as well. Anything from completed quest to added features.

keep-calm-and-nom-nom-nom-16.png

@ OP..

Keep in trying you will start to get the hang of it.

Thanks I haven't thought about even adding that perk to the beginning. might be something interesting to play out. Really would fit with one of the future quest where you are "found out" about your desires.. :D

As far as the comment about taking up an esp.. something as simple as this can be added or merged to a "patch" esp that is used by most experienced users.

Finally...attachicon.gifnom nom nom.txt

for most things like this it might be better to add it as a bat file. use the command prompt an type nom nom nom.. :D. and you are a cannibal. Op, you can name it anything you like. The entry into the bat file is based off of spoonsinger's command posted above havne't tested it out but the idea is the same. You can also add some other tweaks that would make this better as well. Anything from completed quest to added features.

keep-calm-and-nom-nom-nom-16.png

Myeah, a batch would have been better indeed. *Facepalms hard* Why didn't i think of that!

Oh, well. Might as well close this download i guess...

It is OK. Nobody is expecting perfection :). You learn as you go along. Bat files are great to add a set of perks, finish some quest, add resources etc. If there is something that a Bosimer should have it can be added as well. Perhaps some added Bow skills, sneak perhaps.. etc.

The esp is also good however would be nicer if added some special bow or armor etc equipment etc that isnt' available in game. Something special for him/her to use that related to their race. In fact if you can find some useful tools etc you might even be able to add these to be race specific.. like a special set of armors for Brenton that absorb magic etc. (copy a current armor with fair protection and then add the absorb magic spell to it in the CK, same for a bow for the Bosimer etc). It can be done and just requires a bit more practic and work.

Maybe shut down this thread / download so someone don't use it since it don't work properly.. however nobody said you have to stop. perhaps move it to a thread and ask for help? Start with this race and then add a few more "stuff" to the others.

If i knew how, i'd help...

I'd love this perk without having to use the console..

what if you used the Additem mod and took the Ring from Skyrims esp? would that grant the ability to start with it?

Yes. DesertElf. You can open the .txt file name it whatever you want use the player.additem etc and add the ring along with the command to add the cannibal perk and have it right from the start or whenever you run it. Bat Whateveryounamethetextfile :D If there is an armor or weapon that is appropriate it can be added as well.

It is OK. Nobody is expecting perfection :). You learn as you go along. Bat files are great to add a set of perks, finish some quest, add resources etc. If there is something that a Bosimer should have it can be added as well. Perhaps some added Bow skills, sneak perhaps.. etc.

The esp is also good however would be nicer if added some special bow or armor etc equipment etc that isnt' available in game. Something special for him/her to use that related to their race. In fact if you can find some useful tools etc you might even be able to add these to be race specific.. like a special set of armors for Brenton that absorb magic etc. (copy a current armor with fair protection and then add the absorb magic spell to it in the CK, same for a bow for the Bosimer etc). It can be done and just requires a bit more practic and work.

Maybe shut down this thread / download so someone don't use it since it don't work properly.. however nobody said you have to stop. perhaps move it to a thread and ask for help? Start with this race and then add a few more "stuff" to the others.

Ok, thanks but this was literally the only thing i was trying to do. Adding the canibalism perk to the bosmer race. Nothing else. I'm probably going to add a batch file in the download section. You know fot the lazy Guy's among us or for those who don't know how to make batch files. I wonder though is there a way to use batch files in a mod? I mean not by activating them in the console but literally with a lesser spell or something. That way i might be able to still add the perk to the race as well.

That I don't know is possible. However your idea still might be able to be done. Might have to try to edit the racial profile or something if you are still interested in adding this as an esp. Check around .. maybe post what you did that didn't work and ask if there is a better way on this thread.. and yes.. create a batch file for those that are lazy among us. :P. I have used many bat files to setup characters after I have gotten board of the game as it is. :D

That I don't know is possible. However your idea still might be able to be done. Might have to try to edit the racial profile or something if you are still interested in adding this as an esp. Check around .. maybe post what you did that didn't work and ask if there is a better way on this thread.. and yes.. create a batch file for those that are lazy among us. :P. I have used many bat files to setup characters after I have gotten board of the game as it is. :D

Done! Btw if someone uses "miasgoat" i could add the codes for the knofes and the summon kit too. Makes the whole experience A LOT more gruesome (and you get to eat twice, ;) ). It is only recommended for adults and people with strong stomaches. 

I found a way to do it without using the console...

You need two mods:

The Add Item Menu and open Skyrims esp to page 8 and find the Rings.  (Best mod ever!) - (I don't cheat for items this way unless the Mod armor/weapon says to. I e not craftable)

And Unlimited Rings/Amulets to wear the ring but not lose the ring slot.

You wont see the rings on your fingers, but the effects are there. my Khajiit eats humans from the get-go.

Another fun one is the Bloody Cannibalizem. It makes it really look like you tore the bodies apart to eat.