[almost finished] Dirty body CBBE expansion

Ubercharge

Very nice, can't wait for the release  :shy:

What program is that you're using? It looks really handy for painting textures.

Steam offer MARI indie subscription plan for $12.99 a month,(only can export 4k texture though)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289550/

Sorry I totally forgot about that, and even in 4k, you can stretch uvs to four udims, and then use default uvs to get 8k texture   lucky I am not limited by tex size :D     for games is 4k enough I guess

I like the progress, but imo, the dirt doesn't look "natural".  I mean, it doesn't look like she's naturally dirty from lack of hygiene, caught in bad weather, etc.; but rather like she's a mud wrestler.  IMO, this is a situation where "less is more" would apply.  More smudges and smears and less caking of dirt.  Just my two caps. 

I like the progress, but imo, the dirt doesn't look "natural".  I mean, it doesn't look like she's naturally dirty from lack of hygiene, caught in bad weather, etc.; but rather like she's a mud wrestler.  IMO, this is a situation where "less is more" would apply.  More smudges and smears and less caking of dirt.  Just my two caps. 

you are right,    at the current state it looks lile she played in sand a bit.      however I can plug in just mask in each layer, which will make dirt go away...   then I will add another layer of black/dark smudges.   I want to make compromise between realism and making it look enjoyable.      for example normals on sand grains are super overdone, but it look cool and adds lots of detail...     there are lots of decisions, especially when adding scars/wounds and other stuff some of you suggested

new update, some scars from bullet holes, cuts and psycho addict needle tracks and veins    I literally spent 12 hours doing just those scars, but Im really happy how realistic they turned out    

next are some fresh wounds (bloody stitched cut, and some plasters.

then I will add dark smudges textures,   I already cleared lot of sand/dirt from character to free up space for more nasty stuff :D

Im already using hundreds of layers in PS, but I want to keep all the layers, if base textures will change, so I can use it on new versions or different layouts and wounds will be kind of modular...

and now the good stuff, new preview images under different light conditions, enjoy :D

dirt8.jpg

Thanks, Im glad that almost everyone likes it,  Im personally not a fan of public hair, but its nothing too difficult to make in the future...

I finally managed to get the grime appear much more realistic,   I also made hands dirty...

As Cell posted, cbbe new alpha is on the way today...   I will send them  my textures, maybe you will be lucky and they will feature them in alpha, so you will be able to test it yourself :)   also I hope neck seam will get better soon

For these screenshot, I tried to recreate a raider look for my PC character so I can test it better,   but damn, I think I will leave it as my default appearance :D

alpha2.jpg

Goddamn. I want that for my PC after two months in the wasteland!

As for pubic hair... as a female myself, I can't help but cringe at the thought of trying to stay shaven in the Wasteland. 6-o'clock stubble between your legs is NOT pleasant.

Crotch-stubble: Abrasive. Full of in-grown hairs and/or diseases. Refused to stay smooth. Fed to the Forge.

I'm not sure if waxing would be better or worse. I don't know about raiders, but I steal the literal fruits of settler labor to make just tons of adhesive already.

Or there's radiation sickness for that all-over smooth and hairless look... until ghoulification sets in. :D

I'm not sure if waxing would be better or worse. I don't know about raiders, but I steal the literal fruits of settler labor to make just tons of adhesive already.

I only ever tried it once, except the wax didn't come off with the strip. I spent half an hour sat in the bottom of the shower with my legs and lady-parts glued together.

Since then, I have decided to give up on trying to tame the hair, and instead just wear men's swim-shorts. They even have pockets!

Guest Katherlne

Goddamn. I want that for my PC after two months in the wasteland!

As for pubic hair... as a female myself, I can't help but cringe at the thought of trying to stay shaven in the Wasteland. 6-o'clock stubble between your legs is NOT pleasant.

Crotch-stubble: Abrasive. Full of in-grown hairs and/or diseases. Refused to stay smooth. Fed to the Forge.

Or there's radiation sickness for that all-over smooth and hairless look... until ghoulification sets in. :D

The age-old debate about women's pubic hair on the way ...

p.s. and yes, unshaved is better...

Absolutely love this texture, awesome work, thankyou!

I was wondering if you would be releasing any variations of this texture? I would love a slightly cleaner version for my character, ie similar body/muscle definitions, I use slim/petite/fit body shapes, with a few of the scars (excluding the track marks, I rarely use chems :P ) but very light on the dirt, if any at all.

Would convey surviving in the commonwealth but also the fact the sole survivor didn't grow up there but is fit and takes care of herself. The default CBBE texture is great and all, but is a little too featureless and clean for my liking.

I was going to attempt to do it myself using a bunch of psd i had set up for customising my skyrim characters body but with the changes to normal maps and specular I realised it would just end up being a poor imitation, if I suceeded at all. Plus the layers I have for scars and muscles are no way near as good as your textures.

Also, you said to post if problems occur, absolutely no problems whatsoever. Works like a charm.  :cool:

Edit: Also some pubic hair options would be great, but not essential, always strikes me as odd the females of fallout have time to clean shave down there. Same goes for all those clean shaven faces the guys have too, where's the love for the post apocalyptic beard?

I was wondering if you would be releasing any variations of this texture? I would love a slightly cleaner version for my character, ie similar body/muscle definitions, I use slim/petite/fit body shapes, with a few of the scars (excluding the track marks, I rarely use chems :P ) but very light on the dirt, if any at all.

Aaah, but what about those times you shot yourself up with StimPacks? Sometimes you don't care WHERE you stick them, just that you heal.

I like to think my PC started without track marks, but at this point she's shot up enough healing stims her arms are probably a mess.

I'd like to have some pubic hair options there.

I second this. I'm used to seeing that bush, adds to my immersion. ;)

Also great work so far! Wish there was a way to make the player character bloody when health is low and then not after healing. Like bleeding scars and stuff. Would probably need to mod tools to be out and to be it's own mod, since I'm sure that's a tall order.

I had a mod in mind, that would utilize this idea.    

my punny attemp at short descritption  :D    

not sleeping would apply default face marks like tired eyes bloodshot eyes...    using stimpacks and chems would add this vein decals       getting damage would apply the scars  and not cleaning (just swim at the water) would add grime and dirt.    all these effect would add separately (none decals) would equal 0.25  and maximum dirt would equal 0.00     so minimum variable values like: scars, dirt, tiredness and chem traces (character super clean) would be  0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 +0.25  = 1    This number would be output multiplier that would affect charisma or other probabilities in future mods like chance of sexual interaction ( charisma stats * 1 equals same, but if body is completely except chems, multiplier would be 0.25  charisma would be multiplied by 0.25 and player would have only one quarter chance to persuade)         if someone would find over-motivated programmer there could be even more variables, like having a disease,  washing jizz of the body, shaving public hair (yes then you would finally get your favorite public hair)etc.       

Its quite difficult to explain it in few sentences,   should i make new threat for this idea? would be anyone interested into coding this stuff? Is it possible?

also I have about 2 weeks until I get to my new vfx job, so I want to finish this texture asap and move onto dismemberment gore models (you have seen that dismemberment doesnt work with cbbe)     I have already shot a message to Caliente, I will soon know how difficult is to implement it.

I had a mod in mind, that would utilize this idea.    

my punny attemp at short descritption   :D    

not sleeping would apply default face marks like tired eyes bloodshot eyes...    using stimpacks and chems would add this vein decals       getting damage would apply the scars  and not cleaning (just swim at the water) would add grime and dirt.    all these effect would add separately (none decals) would equal 0.25  and maximum dirt would equal 0.00     so minimum variable values like: scars, dirt, tiredness and chem traces (character super clean) would be  0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 +0.25  = 1    This number would be output multiplier that would affect charisma or other probabilities in future mods like chance of sexual interaction ( charisma stats * 1 equals same, but if body is completely except chems, multiplier would be 0.25  charisma would be multiplied by 0.25 and player would have only one quarter chance to persuade)         if someone would find over-motivated programmer there could be even more variables, like having a disease,  washing jizz of the body, shaving public hair (yes then you would finally get your favorite public hair)etc.       

Its quite difficult to explain it in few sentences,   should i make new threat for this idea? would be anyone interested into coding this stuff? Is it possible?

also I have about 2 weeks until I get to my new vfx job, so I want to finish this texture asap and move onto dismemberment gore models (you have seen that dismemberment doesnt work with cbbe)     I have already shot a message to Caliente, I will soon know how difficult is to implement it.

Sounds like an awesome idea, but not sure how much you could do until geck and/or a script extender was out, best I think you can do for now is plan it and get textures ready for it. Only way to do that at the moment might be to utilise clothing to achieve the effect.

For example have different 'skins' set up as separate items of clothing and have bat files with 'equipitem' etc in them to switch to the desired effect, might even be a way to get them switched via an esp, don't know.

Blood effect also doesn't work with CBBE, least not properly.

Aaah, but what about those times you shot yourself up with StimPacks? Sometimes you don't care WHERE you stick them, just that you heal.

I like to think my PC started without track marks, but at this point she's shot up enough healing stims her arms are probably a mess.

Wouldn't the track marks be in her chest then? That seems to be where she stabs herself. Personally I play stealthy, knives up close or sniping from afar so don't get hurt much and when I do I tend to just eat people to restore hp instead of use stimpaks.

I have downloaded the newest version of the cbbe alpha as well as body slide but I cant seem to figure out how to get your textures onto my character. I copied all the new textures over but I'm just getting the default cbbe textures with the super clean skin. Am I missing something? Amazing work btw.

I have downloaded the newest version of the cbbe alpha as well as body slide but I cant seem to figure out how to get your textures onto my character. I copied all the new textures over but I'm just getting the default cbbe textures with the super clean skin. Am I missing something? Amazing work btw.

those dirty textures are for riders with "dirty body" only     I use it on my pc character just so I dont have to  kill and strip raiders everytime for testing purposes...      however on nexus release of cbbe, this will be cbbe expansion, with an option to use it on player too.

those dirty textures are for riders with "dirty body" only     I use it on my pc character just so I dont have to  kill and strip raiders everytime for testing purposes...      however on nexus release of cbbe, this will be cbbe expansion, with an option to use it on player too.

Ah ok thanks for the reply. Really looking forward to the full release!

Archived