Trouble with RKA Armor

Cinbri

Hi, I was hoping to get some help with an issue I'm having. (Is this the correct section to post this? I'm not sure.)

So, I'm not familiar with creating an .esp from just meshes and textures, but I gave it a try.. Without stalling, here's what's going on:

First off, I have the DMRA body and this armor is for a different body type (Can't remember the name). Does it matter though? The new body is attached to the armor, so it's not a replacer or anything, right? Or am I required to use the body as well?

Anyway, I put the armor together in NifSkope and got this result:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/350ufwg.jpg

After I did that, I made the folder structure for the files of the armor (and weapon):

- \Data\Meshes\Armor\RKA Armor

- \Data\Textures\Armor\RKA Armor and \Data\Textures\Weapons\RKA Claymore

Then I proceeded to use the Construction Set to create an .esp for it:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2a4s579.jpg

Buuuuut, in the end I got this result:

http://oi68.tinypic.com/16jhf6a.jpg

So, in other words, can somebody please give me the absolute kindergarten dumbed down steps to make this armor work properly? I've tried every guide on the site and other external links, but I'm obviously too dumb to get it down xD

Sorry for the long post D:

A body in a armor is the body that your player will be using when they wear that armor/outfit when you remove it your DMRA body will be swapped back in.

1) If a item doesn't have a body part in the nif you can't use that body part. Like say you have rings but the rings have no hand meshes in the nif you can't use hands because it thinks there is hand meshes in the nif. You can't use head for anything unless it's a full helmet otherwise as the same as the above will make your head invisible.

Also what is that scene root at the bottom of the list from? There should only be 1 scene root and that should be at the top. Are you pasting a bunch of scene roots into 1 nif? If so that is the reason for some of the problems. You can't paste multiple scene roots into 1 nif. As the highlander says there can be only 1.

Upload your nif file and we can see if there is anything wrong in it. What I do is just add each piece one at a time to the .esp boots gets the foot slot armor get upper lowerbody if both are being used guantlets get hands head if it's a full helmet the  covers the whole head you can use the head slot otherwise you have to use attachment instead so your head doesn't disappear same with hair you can use hair slot if it's not a full helmet otherwise your players going to be bald ingame.

Yeap just as I thought you can't paste scene roots into scene roots it doesn't work that way. To paste something into a nif you first have to have the nodes in the nif to do it if the nodes are not there you have to either copy the nodes from a nif that has them and paste them into the scene root of the one that you want or you have to run the body through mesh rigger and use hands feet body and head nifs to add the nodes from them into the body nif which will allow you to paste those boots and stuff into the nif. To paste something into a nif you load the nif then right click the piece you want and go to block copy branch then load then double click on the nif you want now right click scene root in the left list at the top and go to block paste branch if the needed nodes are there it will paste in if not it will give a node error. Either manually paste those nodes into the nif or run the body through mesh rigger.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/page-1

Mine looks like this.

post-25667-0-76373800-1449779858_thumb.jpg

Mine looks different because it has been converted. So get a copy of the body that has been messed up and redo it again. 

Oh boy, this looks like something way over my capabilities. I'm downloading Mesh Rigger and I already ran into trouble with the installation.
I'll try doing it in NifSkope again instead. If that doesn't work.. Well, it was a learning experience xD

Okay, I think I made some progress. I attached all the nodes from the gauntlets into the armor first and then pasted them on (because just like you said, it wouldn't let me until I had all the nodes in place). Does this look good?

http://oi63.tinypic.com/ad0pz5.jpg

Uploading the .nif itself just in case:

And a dumb question. Assuming I do this part correct and that I didn't mess up the folder structure in \data\, do I just create the .esp and put the armor in a container or something to go get it?

A body in a armor is the body that your player will be using when they wear that armor/outfit when you remove it your DMRA body will be swapped back in.

1) If a item doesn't have a body part in the nif you can't use that body part. Like say you have rings but the rings have no hand meshes in the nif you can't use hands because it thinks there is hand meshes in the nif. You can't use head for anything unless it's a full helmet otherwise as the same as the above will make your head invisible.

Also what is that scene root at the bottom of the list from? There should only be 1 scene root and that should be at the top. Are you pasting a bunch of scene roots into 1 nif? If so that is the reason for some of the problems. You can't paste multiple scene roots into 1 nif. As the highlander says there can be only 1.

Upload your nif file and we can see if there is anything wrong in it. What I do is just add each piece one at a time to the .esp boots gets the foot slot armor get upper lowerbody if both are being used guantlets get hands head if it's a full helmet the  covers the whole head you can use the head slot otherwise you have to use attachment instead so your head doesn't disappear same with hair you can use hair slot if it's not a full helmet otherwise your players going to be bald ingame.

Greetings.

Hi Myhuinny .

..." Also what is that scene root at the bottom of the list from? There should only be 1 scene root and that should  be at the top " ... that's not exactly true.

It's possible to get more than only one "Scene Root" , you can see and will better understand if you take a look at the TBSk " Human Chair" mod ... take a look at the comment i let there ( Loukiana ) ...

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46106/?

The second  "Scene Root " here is different ,it's not  the very first node usually ( but that just a convention, nothing else ) named " Scene Root" .

But , yes most of the time if you have more then only one scene root ( there is another exemple here ( solved by AveBrave ) about an amulet ....

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/955-is-there-a-mod-that-and-requests-thread/page-110?do=findComment&comment=1309626    ... you need to follow this post to see what i'm talking about , here there were two "Scene Root" ( but incompatible this time ) ... you will get some "troubles ".

So that's just a side note ... nothing else.

Cheers.

SUCCESS!

I decided to stick with it and learn a little bit on the environment of NifSkope and eventually made it work, I even broke it down to boots/gauntlets/chest etc.!

@myuhinny Thank you for the support, I picked up the trail from there and figured it out thanks to you.

I have a small problem though; the hands clip out of the gauntlets. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Glad to help and that you got it working.

If you pasted hands into the nif you have to remove them as there is no hands in the gauntlet nif and the gauntlets were never made to have hands in them do they will clip through them. If you didn't paste hands in it then you have to select the hand slot so that it makes the hands invisible. 

I have no spots left on mine for anymore folders need to delete somethings. It's also where I have the clothing converter/mesh rigger. I usually place everything I'm going to be working on in a folder that way it's all in one place and easy to go from load this nif to this nif. After getting it in game and it works I usually delete everything.

Yep I almost always delete every trace of unnecessary files that are left when I'm done working on something too. But, since I'm a backup freak, I take the raw files of a mod, compress them inside a .rar or .7z and store it. There are Oblivion mods that I have saved 2-3 years ago and don't even remember. I should probably have another look lol

Archived