Patch 4.1.2 and broken mods

Kargrin

It seems that after the new patch, the  Launcher is blocking mods (.esp)  now;

There is three ways of fixing it :

1-Install the nexus mod manager and reactivate the mods after you open the launcher

2- At  X:User/Appdata/Local/Fallout4 - Make the Loadorder.txt and Plugins.txt read only.(so the launcher wont overwrite them.)

3-Using f4se to skip the launcher so it wont deactivate any .esp

Hope that helps the people with problems after the patch.

There is a work around.

1: Activate Fallout 4 from your desktop icon first to bring up the launcher window.

2: Then activate your mod manager. You should see all your mods deselected. Select the mods you want to load up.

3: Then hit the play button in the fallout launcher window, not the mod manager. Your game should start up running all your selected mods.

After the patch update the esp mods are disabled but not the texture mods as far I have checked. Good thing is that can easily reactivate them and even better that MO2 for Fallout4 even in ALPHA stage is on which means better and more clean Fallout4 folder. Also F4se is working (Icould easily called it FO4se lol) and FO4Edit works which are very good news despite the efforts from Beth to break mods or trying to control them <--- (my personal opinion which started as an idea in progress from the pay mods project in Skyrim).

Whew, glad I manually canceled the update.  I knew that was incoming from the beta testing.  I'm sorry to hear that the update screwed peoples mods over; that would drive me nuts.  Nice call about F4SE Kargrin.

I been using F4SE since they first released it, and I've had no issues.  Except a bit more loading to get the game started.  That might also be from my reshade and enblocal.

I'm really hoping I don't see the cycle of broken updates every new patch, or its going to remind me of DAI all over again.  Yea, no thanks.

As someone said its more likely they disabled it for testing or whatever and forgot to reenable it, I expect it will be fixed in the next update

They did more then set esp's to turn off, there used to a secret button for managing data files that was also disabled (bright spot on the helm under the eye).

I believe they want modding to wait until consoles are ready for it, so PC doesn't get way ahead (which it will anyway)

- they may also be looking at some form of mod vetting through the steam workshop since console mods will have to go through some approval process with sony/microsoft anyway

I dont expect it to be fixed by Bethesda before the GECK is released, but I'm glad the community is showing how determined it is go ahead anyway

Archived