Thinking of swapping to CBBE; what do I need?

JustJustin

So prior to now, I've always gone with UNP. I've had a few problems sometimes when mods that I'd like to have have only been available for CBBE; those combined with how awful UNP bodyslide looks when pregnant have seriously made me consider swapping to CBBE, or at least having a profile for it on Mod Organiser. That and I see many pictures of CBBE and I think it looks just as good.

My question is, can anyone recommend what I'd need and where to find them to do so?

I have CBBE already ready to install, however as a customary UNP user all of my clothing replacers, Devious Devices and textures are for UNP. This is what's put me off before really, but I'd like to make a start and have it there in case I enjoy it more, and as an option. Are there any clothing, armour and texture replacers like for UNP? I haven't been able to find any so far.

Thanks in advance.

Good lord, why are you switching to CBBE? Go with UUNP. Superior weighting, has the same base shape as CBBE so conversions are easy, has all the major UNP presets on their own sliders in addition to every other slider CBBE has, it has more vertices so even exaggerated bodies are smoother (and that means pregnancy is covered), UUNP Special comes with a HDT vagina (Stevierage's 7B vagina if you're familiar)... i could go on. There's really no good reason to use CBBE these days, any CBBE-only outfits can be converted in Outfit Studio, there's maybe one or two texture sets that are CBBE-only, the rest are UNP or have both UNP and CBBE.

There's a reason a lot of people are switching to UUNP these days.

Good lord, why are you switching to CBBE? Go with UUNP. Superior weighting, has the same base shape as CBBE so conversions are easy, has all the major UNP presets on their own sliders in addition to every other slider CBBE has, it has more vertices so even exaggerated bodies are smoother (and that means pregnancy is covered), UUNP Special comes with a HDT vagina (Stevierage's 7B vagina if you're familiar)... i could go on. There's really no good reason to use CBBE these days, any CBBE-only outfits can be converted in Outfit Studio, there's maybe one or two texture sets that are CBBE-only, the rest are UNP or have both UNP and CBBE.

There's a reason a lot of people are switching to UUNP these days.

Interesting, still a lot of mods I'd rather like to have, follower mods as well as clothing and jewellery seem to have CBBE only. I guess I could take a look at how to use Bodyslide to change outfits, assuming it's not too much hassle, then perhaps replacing the stomach bone or something (I remember having to do so a while back before UUNP) because pregnancy bellies seem to droop and look awful with Bodyslide HDT enabled, but it would also be cool to have a profile for each. I think that's what I'll go for in the end, I have since taken a look at CBBE and you're right on the customisation options; a lot less body shape-wise than UUNP. The last thing that's annoying is the clipping issues I get with DD for UNP, restrictive gloves at certain angles, doggy belts and ill-fitting gags and piercings. Is fixing stuff like that with Bodyslide difficult?

Also didn't the guy making UNP stop? I read something about him swapping to some other more athletic body and discontinuing support for UNP; I'm not too versed in all this, but does that mean there'll be nothing new for UNP? Has he given permission to make new versions and for others to take up variations?

Create a copy of Your UNP Profile, and begin by installing a Mod like DDx 1.2.3 and renaming it to DDx 1.2.3-CBBE during installation and then picking the CBBE Options instead of the UNP Options. DDa can be done the same way.

I kept a CBBE and a UNP Profile that used the same Saved Games for almost two Years. Mods that require using Bodyslide to create new Meshes can be annoying, Clothing and Armor Mods with separate meshes for CBBE and UNP  are much easier to install. 

Interesting, still a lot of mods I'd rather like to have, follower mods as well as clothing and jewellery seem to have CBBE only. I guess I could take a look at how to use Bodyslide to change outfits, assuming it's not too much hassle,

-snip-

I think that's what I'll go for in the end, I have since taken a look at CBBE and you're right on the customisation options; a lot less body shape-wise than UUNP. The last thing that's annoying is the clipping issues I get with DD for UNP, restrictive gloves at certain angles, doggy belts and ill-fitting gags and piercings. Is fixing stuff like that with Bodyslide difficult?

It's a learning process, the same as anything else. It's not all that difficult, just a matter of learning what does what. Unless i'm very much mistaken, DD uses UNP or 7B by default, both of which are right there on the sliders, so once you know how to convert stuff around (it can be a little roundabout depending on what you're doing) it's pretty simple.

then perhaps replacing the stomach bone or something (I remember having to do so a while back before UUNP)

If you're using XPMSE and UUNP, no need to fiddle with that, you already have the belly node.

Also didn't the guy making UNP stop? I read something about him swapping to some other more athletic body and discontinuing support for UNP; I'm not too versed in all this, but does that mean there'll be nothing new for UNP? Has he given permission to make new versions and for others to take up variations?

That's pretty much where Bodyslide and UUNP comes in. Not really much point putting up variations when you can just make your own body yourself. UUNP has everything: full HDT support, HDT vagina with UUNP Special, you've got access to Racemenu's UUNP morph stuff, it's pretty much the way forward from hereon.

Archived