I recently installed this mod and it's pretty amazing so far, I have yet to get enchanted googles but the basic nightvision is already extremely useful for a 2h playstyle with darker nights and interiors.

One gripe though, the sound to toggle the goggles is rather loud and harsh (the lever click from dwemer ruins, right?) is it possible to make that sound more silent or to replace it directly? I can't see a soundfile inside the mod or I'd simply run it through Audacity, but maybe there is a script or something I could quickly edit for that?

Glad you like it!

If you have a suggestion for a better sound effect, I'd definitely be willing to check it out. In the meantime, maybe I'll add a volume slider or something to the MCM.

And you're half-right. It is a Dwemer sound, but not a lever. It's the attack sound for something, maybe the spiderbot?

• 5 months later...

I crafted the diamond version. It auto comes on and I can see in the dark, but I am not getting predator vision. Is there some trick to get that part working?

Predator vision is an upgrade. You craft the predator vision goggles from the diamond goggles. It requires the arcane smithing perk.
  • 8 months later...

hey... does changing that line in your ENB cause any side effects / issues with the ENB? Just curious... I too like this mod. It is like an Improved Dwemer goggle / scouter mod.

EDIT: I decided to be less lazy and did some google searching. Apparently IT can ( but not always) alter the way the ENB looks because it is enabling the Games base color correcting... * shrugs * going to give it a try and if I don't like it.. ima just set up my ENB to turn off with the same button that uses the goggles ^.^

• 1 year later...

Hi @markdf,

a bug report and a hopefully short question how to fix that.

• I crafted some simple goggles
  • I gave them to a custom NPC follower
  • all worked fine
  • I took them back from the NPCs inventory and dropped them in a chest
  • My follower doesn't have them anymore in the inventory. Neither in the UI nor in the console
  • but they are still visible, and depending on the light level the NPC takes them on/off and the soundeffect is playing, as if the were still in the inventory.

My first attempt to fix that didn't work:

• Giving the goggles back and taking them back didn't change anything.

I would guess now a rogue script somewhere?

Any idea how to fix that and what to watch out for?

Oh! And before I forget to mention it : :thumbsup:

It sounds like the enchantment on the goggles is staying on the NPC even after they are removed.

My suggestion would be to re-equip the goggles to the NPC, then exit their inventory, open their inventory, unequip the goggles, exit their inventoty, re-open their inventory, and then take the goggles back. See if that works.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, worik said:

Hi @markdf,

a bug report and a hopefully short question how to fix that.

• I crafted some simple goggles
  • I gave them to a custom NPC follower
  • all worked fine
  • I took them back from the NPCs inventory and dropped them in a chest
  • My follower doesn't have them anymore in the inventory. Neither in the UI nor in the console
  • but they are still visible, and depending on the light level the NPC takes them on/off and the soundeffect is playing, as if the were still in the inventory.

My first attempt to fix that didn't work:

• Giving the goggles back and taking them back didn't change anything.

I would guess now a rogue script somewhere?

Any idea how to fix that and what to watch out for?

Oh! And before I forget to mention it : :thumbsup:

Starting point: I have the goggles, NPC has them not in inventory although they are still visible

Steps done:

• gave goggles back to NPC
  • exit inventory
  • check NPC gear again: they are there and marked as equipped
  • exit inventory
  • take them back and equip them myself
  • exit inventory
  • I have them equipped, NPC has them still visible
  • gave them back
  • exit inv
  • console unequipped them from NPC
  • finally they are not visible on the NPC anymore
  • open inventory again and take them back
  • exit inventory
  • I have them and NPC has them visible again :confused:

If it's the enchantment ... how would I remove the right one from the NPC?

I would try  "<prid>.sme Magic_Effect_ID" (stop magic effect visuals) Am I on the right track? Or would that do more damage than good?

So I need to get the  right ID for the goggle type "Ruby* (darksight)" ... right?

• 2 months later...

The mod works for me.. more or less. On some goggles, the night vision doesn't work, although from the description I believe it should. On other goggles the night vision effect is very bright indeed.

I've attached a few examples.

For reference, darkness without goggles.

1518116818_1nogoggles.thumb.jpg.fb0ac94506ac75e74d1321402cc35cbb.jpg

The diamond pink goggles are just about the only ones granting a normal level of darkvision.

1244517154_2diamondpinknormalnightvision.thumb.jpg.523163d1ebe6258d357600667ec5f32b.jpg

The diamond darkvision goggles don't have any effect.

1253438772_3diamonddarkvisionnot.thumb.jpg.43270fd739ae6f26c21d98c187d46134.jpg

The diamond essence goggles' description suggests the goggles grant night vision, only they don't.

993338999_4diamondessencenonightvision.thumb.jpg.1e43db8a622dc8bbfaed652d5bf90738.jpg

The emerald essence ones, on the other hand, do grant night vision... and lots of it!

791326844_5emeraldessenceoverlybright.thumb.jpg.87ec2e0ba85a591385d47123d1c48660.jpg

Is anyone getting similar effects?

Is there some brightness setting in the mod that I could check? I looked in TES5Edit but there are a lot of numbers...

I couldn't really figure out the scripts either, in order to understand how each type of goggles grants its effect(s).

Any help is appreciated...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...