View File

Crystal Goggles

This allows the player to construct night-vision goggles using gems. Cheap gems like garnet and amethyst obstruct your vision more than superior gems like emerald and diamond. Flawless gems distort your vision a little bit, while flawed gems distort it substantially. Constructing the night-vision goggles requires the Steel Smithing perk.

The goggles can be upgraded using filled soulgems to provide enhanced vision. Upgrading goggles requires the Arcane Blacksmith perk. The following upgrades are available:

Availability of enhancements:

_________| Telescopic | Heat | Life | Aura | Animus | Sharpshooter | Predator | Pink |Glass    |     *      |      |      |      |        |              |          |  *   |Garnet   |     *      |      |   *  |      |        |              |          |      |Amethyst |     *      |      |   *  |      |        |              |          |      |Ruby     |     *      |   *  |   *  |   *  |        |              |          |      |Sapphire |     *      |   *  |   *  |   *  |        |              |          |      |Emerald  |     *      |   *  |   *  |   *  |   *    |        *     |     *    |      |Diamond  |     *      |   *  |   *  |   *  |   *    |        *     |     *    |  *   |

-

Notes:

• NPCs don't benefit from nightvision, so they get a small combat bonus when wearing these goggles during combat.
  • The goggles occupy biped slots 42 (circlets) and 55 (eyes and blindfolds).
  • The goggles can be flipped up and down using a keyboard shortcut.
  • The goggles can be set on automatic so that they respond to the ambient light levels.
  • The goggles drain the player's magicka, preventing it from being regenerated.
  • If you have "Wet and Cold - Ashes" installed, the goggles will keep ashes out of your eyes. This even works with the nonmagical glass goggles.

Philosophy:

The idea for these goggles came from Gopher's Predator Vision mod and Volvaga0's Dwemer Goggles. They allow you to explore dungeons without a torch, but at the cost of distorted and tinted vision. Even the flawless diamond goggles have some distortion. This is in contrast to the Dwemer Goggles (which require Dwemer oil) and Predator Vision (which requires that you be a Khajit, Vampire, or Werewolf).

Credits:

Gopher (Predator Vision) -- for the EffectShaders used in the heat sensing enhancement.
KettleWitch (Telescope) -- for the method used to provide telescopic sight.
Anamo (Osare Culort outfit) -- for the fabulous goggles. I haven't been able to contact them for permission yet! If anyone knows Anamo, I'd love to get ahold of them to ask for permission to use the goggles.

Note for ENB users:

To get visual effects like Night Vision, Predator Vision, Devious Blindfolds, and Crystal Goggles to work with ENBs, you need to edit the file "ENBEffect.fx" in your main skyrim directory.

Find the line that says:

//#define APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION

Change it to:

#define APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/12/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    DLC: Hearthfire, SkyUI 4.0+, JContainers
  • Special Edition Compatible

Great concept! Do you know if the visual effects are compatible with most ENBs? And whether the perk requirements will be compatible with overhauls like Perkus Maximus?

I'd love to see more mods like this- magical effects through engineered gadgets instead of spells. Would make it way cooler to play a rogue like character,

Great concept! Do you know if the visual effects are compatible with most ENBs? And whether the perk requirements will be compatible with overhauls like Perkus Maximus?

I'd love to see more mods like this- magical effects through engineered gadgets instead of spells. Would make it way cooler to play a rogue like character,

It's compatible with RealVision ENB, which is what I use. You do have to enable the original post-processing though. Look in the file enbeffect.fx in your main skyrim directory, and find this line:

Change it to:

I don't use any perk overhauls, so I can't say whether it works with Perkus Maximus. Perhaps if you try it out you could post your results here?

It's compatible with RealVision ENB, which is what I use. You do have to enable the original post-processing though. Look in the file enbeffect.fx in your main skyrim directory, and find this line:

Change it to:

I don't use any perk overhauls, so I can't say whether it works with Perkus Maximus. Perhaps if you try it out you could post your results here?

Hopefully I get some time tomorrow, I will report back then :)

Hi

What a fantastic mod. This will come in very handy for my sniper bow character :D

I saw that there are some settings, if you use enb. I use enb (2.79), but only the speed hack feature. Do I still need to make the changes you suggest in enbeffect.fx?

The mod appears to work fine, but there are a few reoccuring errors flagged in the papyrus log that you maybe interested in.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Papyrus.1.log

Hi

What a fantastic mod. This will come in very handy for my sniper bow character :D

I saw that there are some settings, if you use enb. I use enb (2.79), but only the speed hack feature. Do I still need to make the changes you suggest in enbeffect.fx?

The mod appears to work fine, but there are a few reoccuring errors flagged in the papyrus log that you maybe interested in.

Thanks again for your hard work.

If you're only using ENB for speed and stability, then you shouldn't need to edit enbeffect.fx.

Those particular papyrus errors are harmless, although I am still trying to make them not happen.

Great mod. Is it possible to detect and highlight npc with high arousal? (SexLab Aroused Redux)

That's an interesting idea, I'll check it out.

Killing an enemy while its being 'Detected' will leave it 'detected' even if you unequipped the googles.

Is it doing it consistently? Which goggles were you using?

I can see my own aura.

My own aura fogs my view.

Anyway not to let my googles show my own?

Which kind of aura? Which goggles were you using?

Killing an enemy while its being 'Detected' will leave it 'detected' even if you unequipped the googles.

I can see my own aura.

Its consistent. All goggles that have Aura and Animus. Heat and Life works perfectly since the color on the enemies vanishes when they die.

---

Affects all goggles that casts a kind of 'detect'.

The aura on the player doesn't appear when I equip the goggle while in first person and my weapon is unsheathed. Except heat, my arms are colored red but without the mist/fog.

Sheathing it, and my aura/mist/fog appears. Unsheathing, the effects still persists.

Third person, my aura appears.

I thought it might have something to do with a mod that lets me view my body in first person, but the vanilla spells doesn't do that.

You probably missed a condition where the auras should only happen to NPC's or something similar.

Or maybe you intended it that way because it makes sense, but do know that the aura/mist/fog blocks our vision in first person.

What body texture did you use in the screenshots?

This one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4686/?

I like it because it includes body hair, veins, and other little realistic details.

I combined it with this subsurface map:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30050/?

I also edited my ENB settings to include subsurface scattering.

This page includes details about some good settings to use:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50835/?

I can see my own aura.

Its consistent. All goggles that have Aura and Animus. Heat and Life works perfectly since the color on the enemies vanishes when they die.

---

Affects all goggles that casts a kind of 'detect'.

The aura on the player doesn't appear when I equip the goggle while in first person and my weapon is unsheathed. Except heat, my arms are colored red but without the mist/fog.

Sheathing it, and my aura/mist/fog appears. Unsheathing, the effects still persists.

Third person, my aura appears.

I thought it might have something to do with a mod that lets me view my body in first person, but the vanilla spells doesn't do that.

You probably missed a condition where the auras should only happen to NPC's or something similar.

Or maybe you intended it that way because it makes sense, but do know that the aura/mist/fog blocks our vision in first person.

I can't duplicate the issue with dead enemies, which suggests that it may be a race condition. I changed the order of some commands in the script, which should prevent the race condition and fix the issue.

I'm adding a checkbox in the MCM that disables auras on the player.

For the future, I may create alternate auras for the player that are not as obtrusive in 1st person view. I'm also looking into a sexlab aroused aura. :-)

The new version is uploaded!

Okay, I have a trial version of sexlab aroused goggles.

SLA is NOT linked to the test version directly, but rather through a very nasty little hack. But it seems to work. If you do anything weird (like using the xEdit merge script on SLA), the SLA goggles wont work. They show the aura of anyone whose arousal is >= 60.

To use the SLA goggles, add them to your inventory using the console:

help "pink goggles"
player.additem <<the id>> 1

These are just for fun; they will probably never have a crafting recipe or anything like that.

Thank You for sharing Your mod. I hoped that You would like the idea about arousal and here You are, done a really great job.

“Pink goggles” seems to me suitable name and color ^.^ They  all work nicely. Didn’t noticed any bugs.

Great move in adding so much color variations. Hopefully all who use it, can find suitable for their eyes.

May I allow myself to leave here few suggestions:

1.Consider removing Heatrfire DLC dependency. As I quickly looked in Tes5Edit, Your mod don’t use any resources from it. As a result more people can try and enjoy Your work.

2. It would be nice to have setting in MCM to configure distance at which aura is visible.

Thank You for sharing Your mod. I hoped that You would like the idea about arousal and here You are, done a really great job.

1.Consider removing Heatrfire DLC dependency. As I quickly looked in Tes5Edit, Your mod don’t use any resources from it. As a result more people can try and enjoy Your work.

2. It would be nice to have setting in MCM to configure distance at which aura is visible.

1. One of the ingredients for the basic glass goggles is Glass, which is provided by Hearthfire. I'd switch it out for something else, if you have any suitable suggestions.

2. I'll check it out. SKSE does have a command for changing a spell's area, so it should be possible.

Do you plan on adding beast races version?

No, unless some artistic person provides me with a set of goggle meshes that include beast race versions. Which I would be totally open to -- I'm not married to the meshes I'm using right now, although they are quite nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Could u make it compatible with masks like in sneak tools.My character looks now like fisher.Great mod man!!U should post it in skyrim nexus.

edit got another idea if u skilled with animation u could make head nod like sam fisher doo when he wear or unwear googles

What do you mean by "compatible with masks"? The masks in Borgut1337's Sneak Tools shouldn't conflict with these goggles, these use completely different inventory slots. Could you be more specific?

I can't post it on Nexus until I get a hold of the original artist who made the meshes, and get permission from them. Nexus is super strict about that kind of thing.

Regarding the "nod" -- I have no skill in animation, unfortunately. However, if there is a nice animation of a nod out there, feel free to post a link here and I'll try to incorporate it.

Glad you like it! :-)

Could u make it compatible with masks like in sneak tools.My character looks now like fisher.Great mod man!!U should post it in skyrim nexus.

edit got another idea if u skilled with animation u could make head nod like sam fisher doo when he wear or unwear googles

What do you mean by "compatible with masks"? The masks in Borgut1337's Sneak Tools shouldn't conflict with these goggles, these use completely different inventory slots. Could you be more specific?

I can't post it on Nexus until I get a hold of the original artist who made the meshes, and get permission from them. Nexus is super strict about that kind of thing.

Regarding the "nod" -- I have no skill in animation, unfortunately. However, if there is a nice animation of a nod out there, feel free to post a link here and I'll try to incorporate it.

Glad you like it! :-)

Urs mod using same slot as helmet,forgot wich mod made thing that u can wear both helmet and circles,maybe same feat can be achieved here in urs mod.Would be like resemblance of domhnall of zehna.If i find an nod animation i will post.Maybe some of this skilled community of animators would help u??If they are very skilled an making sex animation,nod animation would be piece of cake:)

Seems to no one get an idea to make an nod head animations how unfortunately.If u get that permission and post it on nexus i am almost sure for 100% that urs mod will be mod of month.There was many goggles mod but not like this one

This mod with compat of sneak tools cowls and immersive detection and lighting and perk with roll= Splinter Cell Skyrim:D

I recently installed this mod and it's pretty amazing so far, I have yet to get enchanted googles but the basic nightvision is already extremely useful for a 2h playstyle with darker nights and interiors.

One gripe though, the sound to toggle the goggles is rather loud and harsh (the lever click from dwemer ruins, right?) is it possible to make that sound more silent or to replace it directly? I can't see a soundfile inside the mod or I'd simply run it through Audacity, but maybe there is a script or something I could quickly edit for that?