Quick Performance Questions

QuantumNukaCola

Hey there. I was having some severe stutter and other similar issues so I immediately thought it was ENB, even though my computer is more than well enough to run it, but I thought it could've been bugging up.

Turns out after a reinstall and all that jazz, my HDT physics plugins are the ones causing this stutter and in-game lag. Is this supposed to happen? It's going from the usualy 55-60 fps down to 20 unless I stare at a wall or the ground...

For HDT i think the error log is

\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.txt

You might want to enable papyrus logging tho to see whats going on elsewise with the save, just remember to turn it off again as it effects performance

For papyrus logging

Go to skyrim.ini in \Documents\my games\skyrim\ and add in/change to the below

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1

are you using custom companion mods ?? if so check if they also come with custom skeleton many companions mods uses there own meshes and also incorporate custom skeleton if so then it can still be skeleton issue. if not supply more info like pc spec, mods, load order etc.. 

Archived