SexLab.esm missing, Help me please!

Baraking

You have to have one of the mod managers. Mod organizer, NMM, Tes5edit, Wryebash...just name it. The mod won't work if it's not enabled.

I assume Nexus won't be a valid mod manager? 

I'm using NMM and it works fine. Once you install it, you should see green mark on the front of the mod. If the mod is not installed, it will be greyed without green mark.

You have to have one of the mod managers. Mod organizer, NMM, Tes5edit, Wryebash...just name it. The mod won't work if it's not enabled.

I assume Nexus won't be a valid mod manager? 

I'm using NMM and it works fine. Once you install it, you should see green mark on the front of the mod. If the mod is not installed, it will be greyed without green mark.

I did it, it's green but LOOT keeps saying the SexLab.esm plugin is missing

That's strange. Do like this: uninstall SexLab and start LOOT. Refresh master list and see what LOOT will report. If it doesn't say anything, it's good, you can try to install SL again and then run FNIS. But if it  reports missing esm file after uninstallation, you have to manually delete SL files from DATA folder. After that run LOOT again, and see what it will say. If there is no report about missing esm file, install SL via NMM and run FNIS and LOOT.

That's strange. Do like this: uninstall SexLab and start LOOT. Refresh master list and see what LOOT will report. If it doesn't say anything, it's good, you can try to install SL again and then run FNIS. But if it  reports missing esm file after uninstallation, you have to manually delete SL files from DATA folder. After that run LOOT again, and see what it will say. If there is no report about missing esm file, install SL via NMM and run FNIS and LOOT.

I deleted everything and checked LOOT, all okay, they reinstalled SL checked and LOOT stated that everything was okay, I ran FNIS and proceed to enter SKSE launcher. it crached, checked LOOT and now I'm back to the beginning. it keeps telling me that the SexLab.esm is missing

• Open your plugins.txt in a text editor. plugins.txt is found in your local application data folder. On Windows Vista/7, this is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt.

In plugins.txt, list the plugins you want active in the load order that you want them in. Each plugin goes on a separate line. Master files should go before non-master files. Merged or imported plugins are not active plugins, so should not be listed in plugins.txt.

If you also have a loadorder.txt in the same folder as plugins.txt, then update it so that the plugins in plugins.txt are in the same order in both files.

Save the edited file(s) and quit.

• Open your plugins.txt in a text editor. plugins.txt is found in your local application data folder. On Windows Vista/7, this is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt.
  • In plugins.txt, list the plugins you want active in the load order that you want them in. Each plugin goes on a separate line. Master files should go before non-master files. Merged or imported plugins are not active plugins, so should not be listed in plugins.txt.
  • If you also have a loadorder.txt in the same folder as plugins.txt, then update it so that the plugins in plugins.txt are in the same order in both files.
  • Save the edited file(s) and quit.

I went thru most lists, changed both so they would be the same, saved. It didn't do anything. still the same issue. isn't it possible to obtain the SexLab.esm file alone and then throw it into the data? (or where it belongs)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I notice a lot of people on this forum (and several other forums) who are missing sexlab esm and don't seem to have much luck getting answers beyond being told they installed their mods wrong. Well, I was having the same problem and I DID install my mods correctly. But I wonder if the problem is how people think of "mods"? I DL'd Amorous Adventures ( and patch) and installed via Mod Organizer. I activated them, ran LOOT, and manually checked ALL applicable files for the missing esm which was, well, it was still missing (and will crash game if you run without it). But a Google search showed the wayward file was part of the mod " Skyrim Sexlab - Sex Animation Framework v1.61b". Now, I may be old (60+) and I may not know modding from mudbogs, but computers don't scare me. My first computer was an AN/FSQ-7 and took up 22,000 square feet of floor space with a 2 star General looking over my shoulders saying "what's that do?". My Dell is no more daunting than a ham sandwich. So, I loaded "Skyrim Sexlab..." reloaded Amorous Adventures, activated them, re-LOOTed them, and the game fired up just fine. My GUESS (feel free to correct or clarify my assumption, anyone) is that Skyrim Sexlab is the "base" program that all other Sexlab mods work through. My Amorous Adventure mod WAS installed correctly, but the required Skyrim Sexlab mod (with the sexlab esm file) was missing. (WHEW) that's a lot of talking, back to my game. I'm barbecuing Skeever for Aela... it's an aphrodisiac in South Vietnam, you know.

I notice a lot of people on this forum (and several other forums) who are missing sexlab esm and don't seem to have much luck getting answers beyond being told they installed their mods wrong. Well, I was having the same problem and I DID install my mods correctly. But I wonder if the problem is how people think of "mods"? I DL'd Amorous Adventures ( and patch) and installed via Mod Organizer. I activated them, ran LOOT, and manually checked ALL applicable files for the missing esm which was, well, it was still missing (and will crash game if you run without it). But a Google search showed the wayward file was part of the mod " Skyrim Sexlab - Sex Animation Framework v1.61b". Now, I may be old (60+) and I may not know modding from mudbogs, but computers don't scare me. My first computer was an AN/FSQ-7 and took up 22,000 square feet of floor space with a 2 star General looking over my shoulders saying "what's that do?". My Dell is no more daunting than a ham sandwich. So, I loaded "Skyrim Sexlab..." reloaded Amorous Adventures, activated them, re-LOOTed them, and the game fired up just fine. My GUESS (feel free to correct or clarify my assumption, anyone) is that Skyrim Sexlab is the "base" program that all other Sexlab mods work through. My Amorous Adventure mod WAS installed correctly, but the required Skyrim Sexlab mod (with the sexlab esm file) was missing. (WHEW) that's a lot of talking, back to my game. I'm barbecuing Skeever for Aela... it's an aphrodisiac in South Vietnam, you know.

People dont read requirements and then run into issues like this. Sexlab is base framework for all sexlab based mods like Amorous Adventures. Of course it you didnt install base it wont work and it even tells you you are missing it.

So the answer people are getting that they installed it wrong is correct one.

Ok I did a really quick scan of responses, (including "alot of people have noticed this"), but...

Ummm, (and I'm a horrible person for mentioning it), but have you tried "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache" in Steam? (I assume you are using a legal copy - so please don't take offense).

• 1 month later...

i have a problem i installed my mod and sexlab.esm but sexlab.esm turns into a folder

if i double click it from winrar it opens the filelike an text document but if i extract it it transforms into  a folder pls help

i have a problem i installed my mod and sexlab.esm but sexlab.esm turns into a folder

if i double click it from winrar it opens the filelike an text document but if i extract it it transforms into  a folder pls help

by the way i intalled it both ways nmm and on hand

by the way i intalled it both ways nmm and on hand

haha i remade the file lol now it works xD

I am having this same problem. Both Loot and Mod Organizer are saying that I am missing sexlab.esm. Uninstalled and reinstalled sexlab a few times but no luck. :(

Check that you downloaded the full version not the patch.

Archived